News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for chitowndoll

Member Name: chitowndoll
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Terrance Howard In New York Article
 Jun 20 2008, 10:31:19 AM
So the Terrence Howard show continues. I think all of this is publicity for his debut CD.

But anyway, it's telling that instead of admitting to the fact that he dropped the ball when it came to portraying Brick, he chooses to disparage the actors that have played the role before him. I think he is using arrogance to hide his guilt.

The bottom line is...Terrence had the opportunity to breathe a new and different life into a classic character in American literature and he faile

re: Terrence Howard on 'Cat...'
 Jun 6 2008, 04:05:53 PM
Check Telecharge. I think it says he's out 6/5 - 6/10.
re: Terrence Howard on 'Cat...'
 Jun 6 2008, 01:31:12 PM
Wow. You were telling the truth.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that he is "pissing" on Broadway since he has been "pissing" on everything else he touches lately.

Typical man. Women have been juggling career and family for YEARS. Let a man have to juggle a part-time job, ONE child, and a few errands...and he can't handle it.

re: Howard, Rose, & Rashad to receive Sardi's Caricatures
 May 6 2008, 03:04:48 PM
"I stand corrected. I thought Anika's stage career was lengthy. Apparently not."

So, a stage career only counts towards Broadway shows?
I don't know what you mean. I was only responding to the person who said that Anika's "stage" career was not of a veteran and she didn't deserve a Sardi's caricature.

May 5 2008, 11:44:06 PM
Anika Noni Rose is a Broadway veteran? CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF is her third Broadway show. She was a replacement in FOOTLOOSE first, and yes, she did win a Tony for CAROLINE..., but if she hadn't been propelled to fame by DREAMGIRLS, no one would give a damn.

I stand corrected. I thought Anika's stage career was lengthy. Apparently not.

May 5 2008, 10:40:54 PM
I can see Rashad getting one, but Howard and Rose?

Please. First Laura Bell Bundy, now this? The Sardi's Caricatures are becoming a joke.

I can see Rashad AND Rose getting one. They are both Broadway veterans and have Tonys. But Howard? NO. Not yet.

May 5 2008, 10:39:20 PM
Plus, I think the recipient has to cut a 10k check.

Oh. Kinda like the Hollywood Walk of Fame?

Howard, Rose, & Rashad to receive Sardi's Caricatures
 May 5 2008, 09:14:34 PM
How do you qualify to receive this honor? Longevity on Broadway? Great performances? Awards?
re: Anyone Seeing Boris Kodjoe Tonight?
 Apr 16 2008, 04:29:47 PM
By the end of this thread I will have posted it all in bits and pieces! it is long...But here is what she said about Ms. Allen...

Debbie Allen should be banned from directing dramas. There were repetitions of motions that should only been seen in kick lines. I wish I could count the number of times any one character went to the closet and threw something in or took something out, or the number of times Brick went to bar and poured a drink. We all know he is an alcoholic. All useless mo

Apr 16 2008, 12:43:38 PM
You can blame the inappropriate laughter on Debbie Allen's insipid direction.

Kalimba,

I read an interview with Stephen Byrd where he said he wanted to capture some of the "Tyler Perry audience". When I saw the production, true enough, it was "entertaining" but I came away(and still feel today)feeling that the director and producer didn't took something away from the play and they didn't trust the material to stand on it's own or the actors to deliver what was already there. J

Apr 16 2008, 12:34:12 PM
Depaultheatrekid,

When did you see the show? I saw it on March 8. No cell phone rings. Lots of laughter and the occassional moan/groan by the women at Terrence Howard.

I will admit that I was a little irritated with some of the laughter that I thought was 'inappropriate'.

Apr 16 2008, 11:01:21 AM
Boris Kodjoe was eye candy = not an actor in this theater. Unfortunate because this is an important role and he made James Earl Jones performance stale and ineffective. These two characters feed off each other. Everyone was hungry last night.

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering how Boris fared in his debut.

She also said the audience was awful. Cell phones ringing all over the place, candy wrappers, people responding out loud to the show and people having conversations al

re: TERRENCE HOWARD
 Apr 15 2008, 12:24:00 PM
Terrence was awesome in other movies besides Hustle and Flow. Have you seen August Rush or The Brave One? Or how about Pride? He deserves more respect as an actor than you are giving him.

KellyO, it's called perception. You obviously perceive Terrence to be an "awesome" actor based on YOUR observation. Based on MY observation, I perceive him to be an actor with the POTENTIAL but who has either not been given or who has not sought out the opportunities to live up to the hype that has be

Apr 14 2008, 11:24:58 PM
winston89,

Wow. He must have really been acting like an azz.

I agree with you. "Man up" and do what you agreed to do. Besides, he doesn't want to burn professional bridges.

I guess we'll see May 6th.

Apr 14 2008, 08:47:46 PM
agree with Fosse in regards to Howard's performance. He came off as someone that didn't want to be there.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that he took out his daughter because he didn't want her to have to deal with the same things he is going through.

What I don't understand is that he signed on the dotted line. No one forced him to do it. I can understand if performing in theatre might not be his cup of tea but at least he should be a professional about the whole thing. <

Apr 14 2008, 05:00:49 PM
"When I saw the show, NONE of the children were able to stand still. She is the oldest of the children. The other little girl and little boy were just as restless. Why aren't you criticizing them?"

Because they weren't restless when I saw it. They stayed mostly still untill Terrence's daughter started messing around with them. But even then they stayed mostly where they belonged.

So basically Terrence Howard and his daughter ruined "CAT" for you? Ok.

Apr 14 2008, 04:33:55 PM
Terrence is that you?

HaHa. No it's not.

I'm not defending Terrence's performance at all. I tend to have a soft spot for kids.

Honestly, I was really expecting more from Terrence's performance since he is the "second-coming of Denzel Washington".*heavy sarcasm*
I've grown disappointed with his performances as of late. I think he's lazy and picks films and directors who will allow him to "get by" with his performances. He's pretty much been able to ride off of

Apr 14 2008, 04:07:31 PM
I don't have any vendetta against this production of Cat...but I do have standards, and when paying a lot of money to a show I expect the actors to at least be good. Terrence Howard is bad in the role, and his daughter, who has maybe two lines, is even worse. All she has to do is taunt Anika's Maggie and she sounded like she was thinking about the lines before she said them. Just because she's a child does not make her immune from criticism. I daresay that the show is going to be much better now
 Apr 14 2008, 03:28:01 PM

"I don't know if Terrence is returning or not but his daughter (one of the no-necked monsters) I hear, has left the show for good."

Good riddance. I've seen all manner of child actors and she was by far the absolute worst. And very unprofessional. During curtain call of the performance I saw she wouldn't stay in one place, and she removed a seat cushion from the sofa and started playing with it until the actress behind her grabbed it and put it back!

Apr 10 2008, 10:34:24 PM
I have not seen him in the show either, but would jump at the chance. Terrence is a very talented actor. His Oscar nomination was not a fluke. His body of work speaks for itself. I can't imagine how hard it would be to get onstage every night & have to do the same thing over & over again. I would call it slave work too. It's probably pretty draining.

KellyO: I know you mean no offense and you probably think you're making sense, but for Terrence or you to refer to "acting" on a stage as

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You