News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for teacake823

teacake823 Profile Photo
Member Name: teacake823
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Golden Boy Previews
 Nov 10 2012, 11:48:17 PM
Saw it tonight. I thought it was fantastic! I actually wasn't that familiar with the play, but was thrilled by both the story and the production (though Lorna's shoes drove me nuts the entire time). I thought it was a beautifully-directed, well-acted, engaging piece. Seth Numrich is brilliant as Joe...and you could hear the entire audience gasp at certain moments in the third act. I Three hours flew by, which means something is being done right. Overall, another win for Bart Sher and LCT!
Golden Boy
 Nov 9 2012, 02:57:18 PM
Never mind - I swear they changed their first performance date. So...was anyone at the invited dress?
Golden Boy
 Nov 9 2012, 02:50:21 PM
Was anyone there last night? How was it? I'm seeing it on Saturday.
re: The Bacchae....Anyone?
 Aug 12 2009, 11:56:06 AM
I thought the show was entirely misconceived, and I second another opinion that it was by far the worst show I have ever seen in the Park. It's sad - I was thrilled to see it, and then utterly disgusted at just how bad it was. A show about debauchery, wine, and murder should not have been as painfully boring as it was.

The interpretation of the chorus was particularly awful! The chanting music that was written for the chorus further served to just drag everything out, and make it utter

re: Obama to See Joe Turner This Weekend
 May 31 2009, 12:35:09 PM
Where was Meryl sitting? I was there as well, and heard she was there, but couldn't find her! I saw Blythe Danner and Bart Sher, but not Meryl. Apparently Blythe unknowingly bought tickets to the performance last night, and was surprised to find out that the Prez would be in attendance which I found kind of amusing. This whole visit was supposed to be a secret and then someone leaked it to the press, so it kind of snowballed out of control in terms of the paparazzi-style media coverage.
<

re: Miss Saigon vs. Titanic (March Madness, Round 3, game 3)
 Mar 26 2008, 11:46:47 AM
Sail on, sail on great ship Titanic! Though I must say, I never thought I'd see Miss Saigon being compared to Titanic! I remember those reviews...
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You