News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bollingerchampagne2

bollingerchampagne2 Profile Photo
Member Name: bollingerchampagne2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Who do you think was the best Mama Rose?
 Jun 22 2008, 08:32:32 PM
"And I love how almost everyone's saying Ethel Merman when I bet maybe 2 or 3 people who have posted have actually seen her live."

I saw Ethel Merman in Gypsy opening night and all the way to closing night.

re: Found a bunch of pictures from GYPSY original run.
 Jun 22 2008, 01:44:24 PM
"What was Ethel doing at the typewriter"

If Mary Martin's husband could win a shorthand contest anywhere Ethel could win a typing contest anywhere. Ethel would always type up the changes and re-arranges they made in the shows and especially in Gypsy and Call Me Madam. She lived at her typewriter, or possibly she was answering mail. She never hand-wrote a letter, it was always typed up so she could make a copy and put it in her scrapbooks. I should now I used to spend hours talking to he

re: Who do you think was the best Mama Rose?
 Jun 22 2008, 01:34:14 PM
Well of course it would have to be Ethel Merman.....I mean she made that show a hit to begin with. I think that Ethel went through more emotional stress when she was in the show than any other performer of Mama Rose.
re: Gypsy photos
 May 28 2008, 12:09:29 PM
I have pictures that only my family and her have seen in Gypsy. I have one of her that she gave me in 1967 of her in a limo heading to the opening night and 4 backstage ones of her. One of her sitting at her make-up table puting lipstick on and the other 4 of her in her costumes and when Bob Six got her the new Sable coat of hers. She was mad at him for everything but she loved that coat! I have more pictures of her than I do of my family!
RE: Top Ten
 May 14 2008, 11:38:24 AM
1. Ethel Merman in Call Me Madam
2. Ethel Merman in There's No Business Like Show Business
3. Ethel Merman in Alexander's Ragtime Band
4. Ethel Merman in Strike Me Pink
5. Richard Gere in Chicago
6. Mitzi Gaynor in South Pacific
7. Fred and Ginger in Top Hat/Swing Time
8. Doris Day in The Pajama Game/Love Me Or Leave Me
9. Ethel Merman in Be Like Me
10. Judy Garland in Easter Parade

re: A Standing O in the middle of a show?
 May 14 2008, 11:31:52 AM
Ethel Merman in Gypsy there were standing ovations almost for every one of her songs, but Everythings Coming Up Roses and Rose's Turn had the most people stand up for an ovation.
re: My Review of GYPSY (May 1st Performance)
 May 8 2008, 08:49:24 PM
Yes it made me cry becuase I thought it was going to be her last broadway show. Since I lived in New York at Park Lane I had nothing better to do with myself since I didn't start working till I was 23, I went to the show every night since Ethel was my hero, icon, and influence. Every night she just got better and better. I didn't actually meet Ethel until 1963, when she was in Hollywood and I was working at Desilu. Then we lived in the same hotels for awhile and I often dined and drank with her
re: My Review of GYPSY (May 1st Performance)
 May 6 2008, 10:26:53 PM
I do most definitley remember Ethel beating her fists against her chest as well. And I love the way she shimmied back and forth miminking Gypsy's strip routines. I to thought she was going to strip! My boyfriend at the time was amazed at how she showed her legs off when she shimmied, he didn't think she would do that. Rose's Turn sent shivers up and down my spin, I even cried and the crowds applause was shattering. I remember closing night when Ethel held her hand up and asked if they wanted mor
patti is going to kill broadway as we know it
 Mar 31 2008, 10:59:55 PM
Call Me Madam? Why is your name appearing on my profile name?
I joined to read things poeple have posted on Miss Merman. You know PalJoey. Your just a son of a bitch and you can go straight to hell, dahling! Give my regards to Ruth Ellis! Ughhh, I hate poeple like you, think you know it all and as far as me being an ol fart, I don't feel like dealing with 2 year olds today! If something is not said your way you have to cry and pout about it. I am sorry Bertandrew2 and everyone else with op

patti is going to kill broadway as we know it
 Mar 31 2008, 10:19:39 PM
You know.....Reading all these comments, I don't think anyone has had the pleasure of seeing Ethel Merman in Gypsy. I went to go see Gypsy just this weekend and let me tell you something, me and my husband left! When LuPone did "Everything's Coming Up Roses" I almost cried it was so awfull. Let me say that Broadway has changed so much that I don't hardly go anymore. And I am sure that if Ethel Merman was sitting in the audience (by the way I was good friends with her for almost 10 years) she wou
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You