News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bruzson2

Member Name: bruzson2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hand To God tdf seat locations
 Aug 5 2015, 08:23:13 AM

Sunday night I had first row (AA) orchestra.  A bit too close but for $36, no complaints (other than the disturbances by the guy at the other end of the aisle who was carted off by the cops).

GIGI @ Kennedy Center
 Jan 27 2015, 09:38:55 AM
Thanks for letting me know -- that was my response. Will be interested to see if they stick with this ending when they get to NYC. Is "The Contract" number still a lengthy drag (despite, as others have noted, Dee Hoty's excellent performance)?
GIGI @ Kennedy Center
 Jan 20 2015, 09:59:35 AM
Perhaps, but no need to bring the narrator full circle, IMHO, although this is how it's done in the movie. Stage is a different beast than a movie and the 'second' ending just seemed like an excuse for a final dance moment and the cast to gather on stage. We'll see if they make changes in D.C. ("Little Dancer" didn't change much at all from first preview to last performance, both of which we saw) but I'm guessing changes could be made for Broadway.
GIGI @ Kennedy Center
 Jan 20 2015, 08:10:22 AM
We saw the show Sunday eve and I was very pleasantly surprised. Hudgens is very good (not great) and the rest of the cast is quite good as well, although Victoria Clark seemed a bit flat and was uncomfortable in the ensemble dance numbers. Act one was very good but the show grinds to halt in act two with the lawyer number. It ran 9 minutes in the 1973 stage version (check out the liner notes on the cast album from 1973) and it feels even longer here. It should definitely go. That having been
Diner
 Dec 19 2014, 08:27:35 AM
Saw this Wednesday with all the creatives (I think) in the house. Show is way too long, especially the second act which recapitulates much of what has already been discussed in the first act and has more songs and runs longer than the first act.

Sheryl Crows songs are very good in a few places, competent in other places, and just distractions and time-killers in the remaining places. Her rhymes can be bad and attempts to rhyme singular nouns with plural nouns is far too frequent.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You