News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BroadwayBaby14

Member Name: BroadwayBaby14
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SWEET CHARITY Revival
 Nov 18 2016, 08:20:15 AM

Hi there.  I have an extra window card from Signature if you'd like me to mail it to you.  I paid $25 for it and I don't mind mailing it. Send me a message if so.

Nerds the musical to open at the Longacre theater this March!
 Jan 19 2016, 09:18:57 PM

Seth - I am with you - don't listen to the haters.  Saw the 54 below concert and loved the show ever since.  Wishing you the best.  

Hand to God Previews
 Mar 23 2015, 01:06:08 PM
Good thoughts, and sorry for my typo! Whoops.
Hand to God Previews
 Mar 23 2015, 12:43:25 PM
Would anyone weigh in on what is considered an appropriate age to see HTG? My neighbor wants to bring a group of people including her two sons (late teens), which actually at be weird for her. Thoughts?
Something Rotten Previews
 Mar 23 2015, 12:40:25 PM
Yes, I think you should take him. (I saw early versions of the show plus the press event.)

This show casts a wide net and likely had wide appeal. Going this week and cannot wait! I actually couldn't get the seats I wanted most (front center mezz).

Something Rotten Opening Night Question
 Mar 20 2015, 10:38:00 AM
I have not. I feel it is typical that the day after open is dark.
Hand to God Previews
 Mar 20 2015, 10:37:30 AM
I am going to see this again on Tuesday and cannot wait. I think it is exactly what is new and exciting on Broadway. Many friends have seen it and told me they absolutely loved it, and these are the people who don't go for the more traditional Broadway shows and musicals out there (OTT, HIV). This play may appeal to the younger demo who love edgy. I hope we see this play get Tony nods!
Hand to God Previews
 Mar 15 2015, 12:01:52 AM
Ripped Man - I loved your detailed comments but I don't understand "this is not s great play." When I saw it, I felt it brought up so many worthwhile questions about family, good/evil, and the demons we all have to quiet or balance in our lives. That seems to me like a better play than many others I have seen in the past few seasons.

Were the lulls just pacing? That may improve...

Also, were the characters complicated enough to be realistic? I remember being impressed with

Need 3rd show suggestions for early May - The Visit, Honeymoon or Something's Rotten?
 Mar 14 2015, 12:09:56 AM
Something Rotten will not disappoint. That gets my vote all the way. Knowing the shows you are seeing, and the ones you are considering, I think SR is the best choice given talent, premise and team. Enjoy!
Hand to God Offering $20.15 Tickets to First Perfs
 Mar 10 2015, 10:29:29 PM
Mine are also row D in mezz.

Has anyone seen the front of house yet? I caught a glimpse (in a cab) today but haven't walked by.

Finding Neverland vs. Something Rotten?
 Mar 10 2015, 06:23:27 AM
My vote is Something Rotten given the premise, the actors, and the creative + producing team (Ave Q, Rent, In The Heights and others). Also I love Casey Nicholaw and his direction and choreography (BOM, Aladdin, Spamalot etc).
Hand to God Offering $20.15 Tickets to First Perfs
 Mar 9 2015, 10:54:03 PM
It is about family, grief, redemption and hope. It is also the funniest play I have ever seen. Rob Askins is a force. This is going to be so special at the Booth. Set in a Christian puppet ministry in Texas. Don't miss it!!
Help Picking My Last Show
 Feb 23 2015, 03:32:40 PM
I urge you to see Hand To God. Previews will start on the 14th or 15th at the Booth. There are sunday shows. It is going to be the most entertaining play of the Spring and not to be missed.
Riedel on Hamilton transfer
 Feb 22 2015, 10:40:15 AM
Totally agreed finebydesign!
Yes its one of those , What should I see?
 Feb 17 2015, 09:16:38 PM
I vote Something Rotten!!!! And I may also have a Hamilton ticket those days so please pm me if interested.
Something Rotten Special Preview Performance
 Feb 17 2015, 04:27:28 PM
How was it??
Show Recommendations for June/Contract Lengths
 Feb 2 2015, 06:25:44 PM
I suggest putting Something Rotten! (musical) and Hand to God (play) at the top of your list!
American Psycho 2015/16?
 Feb 1 2015, 02:13:02 PM
In anticipation of this show heading to Broadway next season, did anyone see American Psycho when it ran in London? I know it sold out and the notices were generally positive.
Brooklynite, any interest?
 Feb 1 2015, 02:07:29 PM
Dramamamma - Just an FYI that the show is very kid friendly. It is wonderful for adults, too, but children of all ages will enjoy it. I am bringing some friends later this month and their children range from 8-18.
SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring
 Dec 21 2014, 06:57:51 PM
There is a short clip on YouTube which I saw live (Seattle) and was not an entire production - but - just that alone was good, really good. Seemed to stand out from any other musicals I have seen in the past few years. I can't wait to see the entire show at the St. James! Btw, I got seats in the orchestra for $15 but there were barely any online to choose from and it was one pm of the day they went on sale.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You