News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for osage08

osage08 Profile Photo
Member Name: osage08
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: My thoughts on GOD OF CARNAGE
 Mar 9 2009, 01:39:48 PM
jordangirl- I understand in theory why Veronica had that response; that she couldn't take the pressures of dealing with her failing marriage, the attacks on her virtues, and the barely hidden hostility in that room etc while restricted by the facade of civility. I get her frustration and that she had reached her breaking point. I just think that this scene would have been more effective if it were written more subtlety since the suddenness of her attack just didn't seem natural to me.

re: My thoughts on GOD OF CARNAGE
 Mar 9 2009, 03:08:25 AM
I just saw the show and to be honest, I was a bit disappointed. I thought that the acting was excellent but although entertaining, the show didn’t resonate with me. As Yankeefan007 explained, the premise behind God of Carnage is that two couples are meeting up to discuss how to handle a recent schoolyard scuffle between their children and their polite meeting soon turns into borderline madness.

I get the basic themes: the hypocrisy of politeness and culture vs. barbarity. I just wish

re: The Billy Elliot Love Thread
 Jan 9 2009, 11:46:50 PM
I saw Billy Elliot Wednesday night (1/7/09). It was just as great as expected. I loved David's performance but don't have much to compare it against so i won't compare him to Trent or Kiril.

This is a bit random and I have a habit of being distracted by small things but I was a little amused by David's hair. Somebody mentioned that it was funny for a latino actor to play the role of a young English boy. That's mostly why I was amused. Aside from his last name, I don't think his ethnici

re: Nervous About Tomm, Weather-wise
 Jan 9 2009, 11:41:58 PM
According to the news, the city is only supposed to get about 4 inches. I live here and I'm not too worried about it. I'm sure that nothing will be canceled and I highly doubt you will be snowed in at Port Authority. Of course, if worst comes to worst at least that will make an awesome story :]
re: The Billy Elliot Love Thread
 Jan 9 2009, 11:33:41 PM
I saw Billy Elliot Wednesday night (1/7/09). It was just as great as expected. I loved David's performance but don't have much to compare it against so i won't compare him to Trent or Kiril.

This is a bit random and I have a habit of being distracted by small things but I was a little amused by David's hair. Somebody mentioned that it was funny for a latino actor to play the role of a young English boy. That's mostly why I was amused. Aside from his last name, I don't think his ethnici

re: Scariest moments in a show...
 Jan 9 2009, 06:56:13 PM
The first time I saw August: Osage County I got a bit freaked out. Towards the end of Act 3 they use a low rumbling in the background. I didn't realize that it was part of the show. Coincidentally I heard police sirens and I think an ambulance going past outside right after the rumbling began. I was sure that a crane had fallen nearby or something. I was a bit confused when I left the theatre and everything was fine. It wasn't until I saw Osage for the second time that I realized the rumbling wa
re: Question about Etiquette
 Jan 9 2009, 04:27:24 PM
weez- there is no way coolkid is cheyenne jackson. If he was, the proper etiquette for approaching coolkid wouldn't be acknowledging your respect for his work briefly and leaving with a kind word, it would be bowing in awe of his overwhelming hotness and trying not to faint. When the show is over, you may proceed to throw yourself onto the floor so he can walk on your back and thus the soles of his shoes will not have to touch the floor. Once he picks up the phone to call the nearest psychiatric
re: Sequels to Broadway musicals???
 Jan 2 2009, 01:52:35 AM
I second KirbyCats's question. I doubt that the producers would close a show that continues to make money, especially in this economy but it would be interesting to see a musical as well as its sequel playing at the same time.

I never realized how many broadway shows had sequels. Actually, I never even considered the idea of a broadway sequel until hearing about the Phantom sequel. This whole thread kind of killed me a little bit on the inside. I can see it now though: Ave Q2: Return o

The Temperature is Rising
 Dec 27 2008, 04:12:51 PM
If Piven really is very sick I wish him a speedy recovery but man I wish I could have seen William H Macy's performance! Does anybody know if he will be going on again? I'm planning to see it either way but it would be amazing to see him live!

EDIT: nevermind, should check my info first, can't wait for Macy to step in although I'm sure Butz is doing a fine job.

re: Has this ever happened to you inside any theater?
 Dec 27 2008, 03:48:43 PM
This is kind of unrelated but once in college we were practicing skits and the fire alarm went off so we had to evacuate. It was warm so we practiced outside until we could go back into the building. 5 minutes after we got back in, the alarms went off again. We found out later that the fire alarms were being tested or something.

People in the audience have gotten sick once or twice while I was watching a show.

Oh and once during church a man had a heart attack. The priest kep

re: Your Worst Musical Ideas
 Nov 10 2008, 01:33:22 AM
I apologize if this has already been suggested but I gave up on reading about halfway through page 3, as awesomely bad (to quote from VH1) as some of these posts were.

Any who, A musical rendition of Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? featuring such heart wrenching and charming scores as "I sold my soul for sushi in Tokyo", "Oh, Ricola: My Swedish salvation" and "Amsterdam: Where da Good Shyt be At".

All the dance numbers will include a disco ball lit up to resemble a glo

re: What defines a Broadway tourist to a Broadway regular.
 Oct 23 2008, 12:57:16 AM
I live and go to school in the city, have seen more than 30 shows, know of enough BW actors to be able to identify a few favorites and I know how and when to get the cheapest tickets I can get. That said question 8 stumped me, I often have a difficult time figuring out which actor is who/ played who at the stage door unless I am extremely familiar with the actor and I did not get many of the [TOS] jokes.

Perhaps I would be better acquainted with "classic" Broadway shows/actors if I had

re: Off-Broadway to Broadway
 Oct 6 2008, 11:34:32 PM
A Next to Normal transfer would be amazing but it's probably not going to happen. Off topic, but I still wish they would make a cast recording for N2N.
re: Another Billy Elliot thread- sorry!
 Oct 6 2008, 11:30:34 PM
So much for wishful thinking :[ All well, its worth it
Another Billy Elliot thread- sorry!
 Oct 6 2008, 11:20:40 PM
Is there any chance that a rush or lotto policy will be offered for Billy Elliot? I'd really like to see it but don't want to pay the full price unless I absolutely have to.
re: broadway halloween costumes
 Oct 6 2008, 03:11:15 PM
I'm planning to go as Pepper Ann this year. It's not theatrical, but I get to have red, poofey hair for a day!

One year I would love to go as a puppet from Ave Q. I'm not the biggest fan of the show but how great would it be to dress up as Lucy or a bad news bear? Of course everyone would just think that I was a stripper or a care bear...

August Student Rush
 Oct 4 2008, 05:04:43 PM
I'm rushing August:Osage County tomorrow but I won't be able to get to the box office till 1:30. Does anyone know if they usually have rush tickets left by then? I don't want to do standing room since its such a long show but if that's my only option does anyone know how the view is from standing room? Thanks!
Awkward Stage Door Moments
 Jun 25 2008, 09:24:52 PM
Lmao, that Cheyenne encounter was a good one. For my own non-Cheyenne but funny stagedooring moment see thread entitled "Did Mario leave A Chorus Line"
Mario Lopez tale
 Jun 25 2008, 09:04:31 PM
Well I'm guessing he didn't as I just saw him as Zach this afternoon. This is on the side, but I have a funny story concerning him.

Me and my friend, dancingthrulife04 as she is known here, were stagedooring after ACL and Mario came out. We were there for everybody but figured that we would also get his signature and perhaps a picture. The more shall we say intense Mario fans were making things a bit difficult but we got his signature along with that of a few other actors.

Mario was making

re: Use of rotating stages in shows
 Jun 14 2008, 08:56:14 PM
Thanks everyone! I wish I could have seen The Woman in White! I've heard so many great things about it.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You