News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SwtHrtBallerina

SwtHrtBallerina Profile Photo
Member Name: SwtHrtBallerina
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

who have you gotten stuff back from?
 Oct 2 2008, 01:54:50 AM
Got a very long and sweet card and signed photo from Kristi Holden - Christine in the Vegas Phantom of the Opera. I wrote to her again asking about the show donating items for a silent auction benefit and she responded via email saying that she would put something together for me and send it. How great is that!?

Sep 12 2008, 10:33:25 PM
Received 2 signed photos from Kerry Ellis today. Yesterday I received a signed photo and a very long and sweet card from Kristi Holden - she plays Christine in the Vegas production of Phantom.
 Sep 9 2008, 01:12:48 AM
So i wrote requests for signed playbills from Phantom, Wicked, Little Mermaid, and Legally Blonde. I got a response in just a week! Holy cow - Phantom of the Opera... it looks like EVERY cast member of the entire show (even chorus) signed. It's pretty cool! For Little Mermaid, the assistant stage manager actually wrote me a little note and sent it with the playbill - very sweet of her! So yea, that was exciting. I got a response from all, except for LB. It has only been not even 2 weeks yet thou
re: Ashley Brown and Gavin Lee
 Sep 9 2008, 01:05:01 AM
TickledPINK: "How did you get a signed picture from gavin lee? I saw the show 2 times and he was amazing! Looks like he has so much fun."

Sorry so long to respond... i wrote to him and addressed it to the theatre. Just included a self addressed and stamped envelope, and he wrote back luckily! :)

re: Ashley Brown and Gavin Lee
 Jul 12 2008, 02:30:53 PM
Gavin Lee told me personally on the back of a signed photo he sent me that both him and Ashley are leaving the show in mid-October. In the letter I wrote to him, I had mentioned that I had hoped to one day see the show, but I live in Minneapolis, so it's difficult to get out to NYC. His exact words were:

"Hope you get to see "Mary P" soon - Ashley and I are in the show until Mid-Oct. Then we will go off on the 1st Nat'l Tour, stopping off in Minneapolis in Sept '09!!"

So there'

Jun 16 2008, 03:18:12 PM
I JUST checked the mailbox, and received a signed picture from Dee Roscioli!!! I was sure I wasn't going to get anything from her. She was one of the 1st people I wrote to back in March, but I didn't sent a SASE! Woohoo! Now i've received something from all 3 sets of Elphabas and Glindas in NYC, Chicago, and LA - well, current as of April.
re: RENT in St. Paul, MN Question
 Jun 16 2008, 03:06:40 PM
thanks so much!!
re: RENT in St. Paul, MN Question
 Jun 16 2008, 02:47:57 PM
i've never done a lottery before. Where do you do that, and if you win, how much is it?
re: Question about Wicked
 Jun 16 2008, 02:34:05 PM
Yea - give copies of Wicked to everyone. That's what I did in April when my mom, 2 aunts, and I went and saw it in Chicago. None of them had seen it. I made them listen to it in the car on the drive down. I'll PM you the link to the trailer of Wicked - it's a good "brief summery" of the show. You can send that to them too!

Haha -you're kidding about Rent! I'm planning on seeing it as well. I'm going to get student rush tix though. I haven't decided which night to go. I thought it opene

Jun 16 2008, 02:30:48 PM
jordangirl - 2 stamps will be just fine. That's what i've always put on mine when requesting one. I have never actually sent out a playbill to be signed - i've always just asked for one, and they've always sent it ! Usually I'll ask for a signed playbill and a signed picture, and about 90% of the time I've received both.

SgtDonut- Many of the performers I've written to, I have never seen perform in real life. I just usually like the show they're in, or something like that. (I live in MN, so seeing shows in NYC isn't exactly the easiest). Anyway, I try to look for video clips of them performing online so I can comment on their performance in some way. I always have a boatload of questions - they always go unanswered, but it fills up writing space. Lastly be sure to ask for an autographed picture, or whatever you're interested in receiving. Include a self addressed stamped enveloped (6"x9" is fine - 2 stamps if you want a playbill, 1 stamp if you want a pic). You can fold the envelope sideways and stick it into a business sized envelope with your letter. I'm telling you all this because I was clueless when I first started writing, and it took a while to find out all the info i needed to know. Anyway - it's a fun hobby :)! Feel free to PM me if you have any Q's. GOOD LUCK!

Jun 16 2008, 02:21:25 PM
haha yes! I even have the balcony seating if you're interested Brody !

Are you familiar with any of the Wicked music Sawyer? I would suggest getting to know some of it before you see it - it makes it more fun. Honestly the 1st time I saw it, I wasn't thrilled. I thought it was good, but since it was so random that I got to go, I hadn't really prepared myself with the back story or anything. Now it's one of my absolute FAVORITE musicals!

Phantom is coming this winter to the Orpheum. Legally Blonde will be at the Ordway next April-May. I CANNOT wait to see that one! I also heard 1st hand from Gavin Lee in a letter he sent me, that he'll be performing with Ashley Brown in Mary Poppins Sept 09!! (He's currently playing the role of Burt on Broadway)

Well, those are the ones on the top of my list to go see !

Jun 16 2008, 02:02:40 PM
Have you seen Wicked before, and have you been to the Orpheum before? Has your mom seen a musical before? This is a great 1st time one to bring people to!!!

Last time it was here in mpls i got to go by fluke! My friend's roommate got into a fender-bender on the way to the theatre. She decided not to go, so 1hr before the show my friend called me to see if I was interested!

I keep getting all these other email offers for presale tix starting tomorrow - sucka's !

You know, I saw Phantom at that theatre when I was in 5th grade like 15 years ago. We sat in the very back row of the main floor, and I still remember details about the show - your seats will be just fine!

Jun 16 2008, 01:47:55 PM
also that seating chart you posted Brody, doesn't give any of the section names - it's a very vague and not good seating chart.
 Jun 16 2008, 01:45:43 PM
what do you mean "that doesn't sound pretty good"? sry - just confused.
 Jun 16 2008, 01:44:10 PM
no need to be sarcastic about it.

It's hard to know anything specific when it's not detailed. I've been to this theatre numerous numerous times, and even from this seating chart, it's hard to know specifics. I use a different map from this (i personally don't like this seating chart), but recently was able to find out with more details and exact seat #s.

Here's the link: http://www.hennepintheatredistrict.org/scheduleofevents/OrpheumMainFloor0809.pdf

Jun 16 2008, 01:37:03 PM
I'm going on Wed the 12th. We looked at tix on the 13th in fact! There's 3 of us, but we split ourselves up since 3 seats together weren't available. We're:
section MF 2, row M, seat 13
and
section MF 4, row H, seats 7-8

hopefully they're decent. I've always sat in the back b/c i can't afford close-up seats, but i wanted to splurge a bit on Wicked. :)!

RENT in St. Paul, MN Question
 Jun 16 2008, 01:24:50 PM
So I'd like to go see Rent before it's done. (I haven't had the chance to see it yet) It's opening tomorrow tonight in St. Paul, MN at the Ordway Theatre. It is playing the 17th-22nd. My plan is to get student rush tix. Any suggestions on the best night to go? I would be able to go tomorrow, but since that's the opening night, is that a poor choice on my end? Should I wait until further into the week to see it? I can't go wednesday, and thursday is questionable as to if i'm able. Then there's th
re: Grease Production Number on the Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2008, 01:10:46 PM
Personally I enjoyed it! I thought it was fun - the performers had to keep pushing open that one door that was closing on them - that was kinda distracting. Other than that, i liked it!
 Jun 16 2008, 01:08:17 PM
Nah - they're further back, but they should be fine. You can always bring binoculars! I just bought mine this morning as well. Ours are closer to the front, but off to the side. What day are you going?
re: Rate Whoopi!!!!!
 Jun 16 2008, 01:06:51 PM
I thought she was FANTASTIC!!! I loved all the various costumes she came out in! Mary Poppins was my favorite - they were all great though!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You