News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for tzohar

Member Name: tzohar
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Interesting LA CAGE feature; posters/advertising
 Mar 22 2010, 04:29:08 PM
The whole "woman with mustache" thing is SO OLD and so very very "Victor/Victoria". The first lyrics in this musical are "we are what we are and what we are is an ILLUSION", meaning these drag queens are flawless enough to pass as gorgeous women, as the best drag queens do. It just doesn't fit to advertise this musical with an image of a drag queen with a mustache or stubble. It's too cheap.

The one they chose is sexy and loud and presents the "ladies" without making any kind of cheap s

Next To Normal Audition Question
 Mar 16 2010, 03:57:25 AM
It's a good idea to get there early. It may mean you'll be spending the entire day there, so make sure to pack some snacks.

In theatre, colorblind casting sometimes may mean family members onstage are depicted by actors of different races. Whether you like it or not (and I go back and forth on this), it's generally acceptable.

Next To Normal Audition Question
 Mar 15 2010, 02:06:28 PM
They're giving you a choice between contemporary rock/pop song or a contemporary musical theatre song. Personally I think you should prepare both and sing the one you prefer first, and if they ask for another one, do the other. 16 bars is more than enough-- don't do any longer than that. DEFINITELY not full song.

And YES, go go go. Go to the audition. The only reasons in the world why someone should "not bother" going to an open call is if the call is being done somewhere far away that

re: A CATERED AFFAIR Reviews
 Apr 18 2008, 08:56:45 PM
jrb_actor, you're allowed to like it.

However I never said anything about the character being unrealistic. He just doesn't fit in with the rest of the piece. It's not about him not being accurate to the time period-- it's about him existing in a completely different universe from everything else in the piece.

re: A CATERED AFFAIR Reviews
 Apr 18 2008, 06:55:47 PM
I saw this show months ago here at the Old Globe... I saw it for free because a friend of mine works at the box office there. I went with a bunch of friends, we're all in theatre here in San Diego and just to give you some background: I'm an actor, I love The Light in the Piazza, I really enjoyed Doyle's productions of Sweeney Todd and Company (I especially loved Company and thought it was a brilliant production), I'm generally a HUGE fan of small chamber musicals and plays that avoid sentimenta
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You