News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for A Fleur De Toi

A Fleur De Toi Profile Photo
Member Name: A Fleur De Toi
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold  Apr 12 2009, 10:39:48 PM
Sondheim bores me.

Patti Lupone is just slightly above average. Her diva attitude however, is off the charts!

Spring Awakening is the worst musical ever. Les Mis gives it a run for the money.

The Pirate Queen has tremendous potential.

Andrew Lloyd Webber's music is beautiful. Even if the lyrics and books to his musicals are questionable.

I like Idina's voice/belting for musical theatre songs. I hate her albums, especially her self-penned songs. Hon

re: Ghostlight to record NEXT TO NORMAL  Feb 5 2009, 01:49:09 AM
Thanks Ghostlight! oooh ghostlight...spooky!

But really, YAY!

re: LuPone gets the last laugh...  Feb 4 2009, 10:39:58 PM
Ok, she's controversial alright, but damn the lady's got some style.
re: Stephanie J. Block  Feb 4 2009, 10:37:17 PM
Excellent. I've been waiting quite a while for her to release a CD!
re: Photo Flash: Nicole Parker Stars in WICKED  Feb 2 2009, 07:29:12 PM
omg HOTTTTTT!
re: Little Shop of Horrors -Gen. Discussion  Feb 1 2009, 09:52:17 PM
argh. mental image has burned onto retina forever. :S
re: Video of the London LA CAGE that I've raved about  Feb 1 2009, 09:34:02 PM
I was really impressed with Hodge when I saw him - and his singing was particularly outstanding.
Overrated--by WHOM?  Feb 1 2009, 09:32:41 PM
"I have never understood the urge to urinate on someone else's picnic blanket, which is what the haters in these threads do.

You don't like Legally Blonde? Don't post in the love thread. "

If only you practised what you preached, PJ, then perhaps an objective discussion about Patti's perception vs performance (well put, TBD2!) wouldn't have been slandered as Patti bashing. And for the last time, Not liking Patti as much as you do IS NOT Patti-hating. Please give me the option o

re: Nicole Parker reviews here  Feb 1 2009, 05:52:54 PM
what was that entire hullaboo about Julie Reiber ? I thought this was a Nicole Parker thread?

Anyway, thanks for directing me to those youtube videos (whoever it was that linked them), I think Nicole has terrific potential! She seems to be improving tremendously and has gotten rid of her nerves. Excellent. I'm glad Wicked took a gamble on her and brought in a new Elphaba instead of just cast recycling.

Overrated--by WHOM?  Jan 31 2009, 10:14:24 PM
Oh Reginald, I do agree with you. I certainly wasn't asking you to deal with anything; that wasn't directed at you. I was just pointing out how an objective discussion about the more popular musicals like say Wicked or Spring Awakening or Legally Blonde perhaps, would suddenly go off tangent with some uncalled-for comments like "Are we still talking about it?" and "What a boring issue" and so on. This pisses me because there are new people joining BWW everyday and have the right to discuss whate
re: What's your favourite musical?  Jan 31 2009, 08:12:56 PM
a toss up between Chess and Light in the Piazza
Overrated--by WHOM?  Jan 31 2009, 07:40:09 PM
Well, Reginald, I don't object to people discussing Wicked objectively, just to people who slam Wicked pointlessly. Comments like "Are we still on this topic?" "We have been discussing this for years" annoy me. New people are joining BWW every single day, and want to discuss musicals, so deal with it.

I don't see why we can't discuss whether Lupone is overrated objectively either. The OP conceded she had talent, but merely questioned if it was her reputation that precedes her for her p

Overrated--by WHOM?  Jan 31 2009, 07:17:54 PM
The point, Reginald Tresilian, is double standards.

It's all fine and dandy when Patti gets mentioned ad nauseum or when it's Lupwn this Lupwn that half the time, but each time Wicked gets mentioned, it's like O Heavens forfend!

Not everyone loves Lupone, nor should they have to.

Overrated--by WHOM?  Jan 31 2009, 06:40:58 PM
People, please..

Patti is so obviously underrated. I mean, what's up with her lead actress roles to tony wins ratio?

What's that? Tony wins are overrated?

Yeah, I thought so.

re: Patti LuPone overrated?  Jan 31 2009, 12:26:02 PM
"What's REALLY overrated: the value of newbies posting troll-like threads."

-No dear, what's REALLY overrated is the over usage of the 'newbie' and 'sockpuppet' assumption every time someone has a differing opinion to yours.

"Say this with her next to you will earn you a knuckle sandwich"

-Why? Is she going to give me a good hiding? Of course I won't expect anything less than a knuckle sandwich from someone who believes she's the best thing since sliced bread, p

re: Patti LuPone overrated?  Jan 31 2009, 10:43:59 AM
I think she's good definitely. But I don't think she's THAT good to warrant so much idolatry.

The Lupone love affair is getting to be a bit like the Idina Menzel fanzeling or Ruthie Henshall's fan base.

Yup, I just compared Lupone to Menzel and Henshall.... :P

re: Nicole Parker reviews here  Jan 30 2009, 10:36:41 AM

"Nicole must have been REALLY nice at the stagedoor to replace Julie."

But it's not like they auditioned Nicole on her stagedoor manners before deciding to sign her as Elphaba. Im afraid I don't see the point.

re: I'd give my arm and leg to see....  Jan 27 2009, 12:05:15 AM
OBC light in the piazza
re: Stephanie J. Block's 'Get Out & Stay Out' is now on the 9to5 Website.  Jan 27 2009, 12:02:23 AM
Not too sure about the song but SJB's voice sure makes up for it, especially at the end.
re: I'm listening to Wicked...  Jan 26 2009, 11:58:47 PM
A discussion thread about Wicked always has this ability to spiral out of control.

Soundtracks or cast recordings?

"That by which we call a rose......"

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You