News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for kathy selden

kathy selden Profile Photo
Member Name: kathy selden
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Kelli O'Hara how long remaining in her run?
 Jun 8 2015, 11:05:09 PM

thanks! Is there a way to find out when she has planned time off/replacement shows?

Best Live Performances You've Ever Seen
 Jun 8 2015, 10:13:42 PM

Gypsy twice with Patti Lupone and full cast. Amazing. 

Second would be South Pacific with Kelli O'Hara

Kelli O'Hara how long remaining in her run?
 Jun 8 2015, 10:09:02 PM

Hello all,

Booking trip to NYC - any details on the length of Kelli O'Hara's run with King and I? How long for the show, will she be there in August? 

Thanks

Patti and Mandy first preview!
 Nov 19 2011, 12:22:02 AM
It was perfect. Had front row seats tonight - paid full price, and would do it again. Patti and Mandi are a sure thing - the music and emotion, tears and laughter. We had a blast. Standing O in the middle of the show and at the end. She signed my copy of her autobiography at stage door and was so cordial and nice.
Everyone needs to get over themselves. Have seen her twice in Gypsy, and her Woulda coulda shoulda show last year. Perfection each time.

Patti Kept Her Cool Tonight...
 Nov 19 2011, 12:17:52 AM
My husband made me double check to make sure my android was off, we could NOT believe when a phone rang in the middle of her perfect presentation. Hoping for a ballistic moment!

The show was perfect, I don't understand the naysaying and negative comments. Get over yourselves. The two were in perfect voice, great chemistry, both had tears at moments. Saw her Woulda Coulda Shoulda at Orchestra Hall in Minneapolis last year. I had front row seats 'full price' and worth every nickel. I woul

Stephanie J. Block begins performances in ANYTHING GOES today
 Nov 19 2011, 12:13:43 AM
Saw it Thursday - great seats second row from TKTS - everyone was spot on. Last saw her in the the forgetable 'Pirate Queen' but she did a great job in this musical. Missed Sutton, but everyone else + orchestra was amazing too,
re: holy eff this song is AMAZING!
 Nov 27 2008, 11:20:27 PM
All I want for Christmas is you - Mariah Carey - I know but she is young and cute -looks like a vintage Shelly Fabres in the video, or twist n turn Barbie.
Who Knew by Pink
We don't talk anymore - Cliff Richard

What happened to originality?
 Nov 26 2008, 12:31:41 AM
Is anyone else tired of musicals/plays inspired by movies? What has happened to originality? Come on - Shrek The Musical? Disney? Anything with someone who appeared on American Idol or won a contest to star in it makes one stand at TKTS and think 'not so much'. Why would I want to plunk down $120 for a ticket to that? Clay Aiken billed as an "International Superstar" on what planet?
Anyone else craving originality?

re: Pick one: Road show, pal joey, billy, gypsy
 Nov 26 2008, 12:23:53 AM
Gypsy - even if Ms Lupone has a cold she is 1000% amazing. The chemistry among all the leads with Boyd and Laura and anyone within their vicinity is NOT to be missed. Saw it in July and saw it on Friday night. Patti had a cold and blew the roof off the place, stopping the show, even though she was ill.
Once in a lifetime.

re: Moments of Silence in theatre
 Nov 26 2008, 12:07:54 AM
I second the "Gypsy" moment in the dressing room with Mama Rose and Louise - the other great stirring silent moment is when Herbie decides he has had enough - after Rose cajoles Louise to strip. You could palpably feel his disgust, he had had enough. It was amazing and stunningly silent.
There is a part in "Fiddler on the roof" when Tevya encounters Havila and her Russian Gentile husband at the train station - he walks away from her - it is just too much, leaving Havila to cry for him after

re: Mary Tyler Moore & Meryl Streep
 Nov 25 2008, 12:21:10 AM
I was there - the goons at the door were so uptight, "get back, get on the sidewalk, get out of the street" I was waiting for the obligatory Katie Holmes and Suri moment, when MTM came out - she walked right past me - I said "Hi Mary" she said "hi", then Meryl Streep came out and walked right past me, I thought WTF? Katie came out, sans Suri, looked very awkward, signed a few Playbills, then was scuttled into her SUV. John Lithgow was so normal, and took a long time with the crowd.
Ran over

re: NYC this weekend - what's at TKTS?
 Nov 25 2008, 12:12:14 AM
Just got home after a great weekend - saw Gypsy again on Fri night, Patti had a cold, but there was still plenty of "Luponage". Amazingly great seats from TKTS, went to taping of SNL on Sat, there was little to nothing on the boards on Sunday - it was a great weekend in NYC as usual -
NYC this weekend - what's at TKTS?
 Nov 17 2008, 10:20:22 PM
Making a special trip to Manhattan again this weekend - good airfare ahead of the Thanksgiving crowd. So, what is on TKTS lately? In July I got good seats for Gypsy, this time interested in another musical - even Gypsy would be good - this trip my husband is with me, and he would LOVE it.
Thanks so much for any help.

re: The Best thing to happen to Broadway in the past five years is...
 Sep 13 2008, 10:59:32 PM
Patti Lupone, and ensemble in Gypsy. The BEST night of Broadway, worth the hour wait TKTS on a 95 degree day in full sunlight. Still have goosepumps thinking about it - I can't even describe the experience in words.
Second - South Pacific - perfection, a once in a lifetime experience.
Thank you Broadway.

Hilarious Comments...
 Aug 30 2008, 12:11:25 AM
My traveling companion in July at South Pacific as the orchestra begins the overture - the stage slides back, I am tearing up 'Bali Hai' she says "I have nothing but bad memories of South Pacific since Jenny never got the lead role" - meaning her no-talent daughter was not chosen for Nellie in the high school production.
This after waiting months in anticipation to see the Tony award winning performances, seated in perfect seats, on a perfect summer night. I could have killed her right ther

re: Clever Lyrics that make you Smile Every Time!
 Aug 20 2008, 11:39:52 PM
Adelaide's Lament from "Guys and Dolls" ;

It says here:
The average unmarried female
Basically insecure
Due to some long frustration may react
With psychosomatic symptoms
Difficult to endure
Affecting the upper resperatory tract.
In other words, just from waiting around for that plain little band of gold
A person can develop a cold.
You can spray her wherever you figure there's streptococci lurk
You can give her a shot for whatever's she

re: What are your top three worst shows ever (that everyone else seemed to
 Aug 18 2008, 11:16:44 PM

Spamalot (Broadway)
Putnam Cty Spelling Bee (Broadway)
Glass Menagerie (Guthrie)

re: Enter Disney's Ultimate Broadway Sweepstakes!
 Aug 9 2008, 09:44:32 PM
I did - one per day.....time to stack the deck
re: IF you had to steal ONE THING from a Broadway show...
 Aug 2 2008, 11:58:07 PM
I have to agree with Patti's Isotoners - maybe just one, and have it bronzed. Or Caroline the Cow's head.
I would like either Nelly's sailor hat from South Pacific or Bloody Mary's 'shrunken head, grass skirt, or boar's tooth bracelet."
Great thread!!!!!!!

re: Gypsy for 7 year old
 Jul 24 2008, 11:21:53 PM
Exactly. No don't bring a little kid - the fidgeting and the "I want to see Little Mermaid or Mary Poppins" would be enough to say nyet. You ain't gonna mess up my enjoyment of Ms Lupone - no way baby.
There was a grandma who brought two boys aged about 5 and 6 to the 7/17 performance I went to, I could not believe it, no not a strip tease musical. Age of innocence and parent obligation tell me NO. C'mon be the parent on this one. Too many adult situations to have to explain to jr later. <

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You