News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Bucky Builder

Bucky Builder Profile Photo
Member Name: Bucky Builder
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Alison Luff  Jan 25 2015, 10:07:22 AM
I saw her Live when she was in Chicago and I must say, I was disappointed. She was very sharp on the night I saw her and her defying gravity was being shouted. Maybe it was just an off night. Definitely not the greatest Broadway actress to grace the stage, in my humble opinion
Was replacing 'Aladdin' with 'Mary Poppins' a good choice?  Jan 24 2015, 02:58:13 PM
It would probably be in their best interest to use the base of the Berlin show and expand on that idea. I have a feeling that production is what people think of when they imagine Hunchback on Broadway.

"But, again, Disney has NEVER said this show, this production is aimed at Broadway."

Exactly. Like I said, no way would Disney bring that production to Broadway. I'm sure Disney DOES want to bring a Hunchback production to Broadway, but not until they know it can stand a chan

Was replacing 'Aladdin' with 'Mary Poppins' a good choice?  Jan 24 2015, 08:47:07 AM
Let's keep in mind that Disney would never be dumb enough to open Hunchback on Broadway as the tiny passion play wreck it currently is now. I'm sure it will be an entirely different and larger production if they do choose to bring it to Broadway. Aladdin seems to have legs but we won't know if it was a good choice until/if it recoups.
West Side Story at Drury Lane - Yikes!  Jan 23 2015, 08:07:46 AM
What an obnoxious and unnecessary thread.
Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread  Jan 21 2015, 02:59:22 PM
I think the bigger problem on this thread is, when people have valid criticisms, they just get mocked or called a hater or whatever. If people want to makes a separate Into The wood fan page thread, be my guest...but this is a discussion board and Sweetlips had valid criticisms.
Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread  Jan 21 2015, 11:57:45 AM
Yes but no one has really complained that it isn't the stage show. I personally think the main problem with the film is the 2nd half and the way they handled the death scenes. However I don't think replicating the scenes like they are in the stage show is necessarily the answer to fixing them in the film. I had no problem with the changes they made to act 1. I love the first half of the film. It's so good! It's act 2 that they just glossed over.
Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread  Jan 21 2015, 11:40:14 AM
You seem to have a problem with other opinions of this film, Carlos. Like it not, not everyone is going to like the same thing on the same level. We "naysayers" have every right to post our thoughts. So no, I won't "shut the hell up".
Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread  Jan 21 2015, 11:30:09 AM
No one asked you.
HUNCHBACK La Jolla Previews  Jan 21 2015, 09:57:27 AM
I'm not trying to diminish La Jolla. I'm well aware of the awards and prestige it has. My only point is, audiences react differently in different places. A show can be a hit in Boston and then flop in New York.

Yes Pre Broadway tryouts definitely have purpose and I assume the Disney team is well aware that they can't bring this production to Broadway. I would even go as far to say that, IF Hunchback goes to Broadway, it will be an entirely different production than what was on

Is finding neverland worth seeing  Jan 21 2015, 06:22:53 AM
Yes.
HUNCHBACK La Jolla Previews  Jan 21 2015, 06:21:09 AM
"but in the intimacy of the La Jolla Playhouse, people were quite impressed with the set design. It was simple in some ways, yet extravagant in others. Nothing negative said about the set at all.
And upon leaving the theatre, the audience (both times) seemed quite floored by what they had just seen. Talking very positively about it. A mixture of "wows," nodding approval and mesmerized discussions."

It's La Jolla....No offense but I really wouldn't put too must stock in the comments

Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread  Jan 21 2015, 06:13:23 AM
Yeah I agree, Sweetlips. It's a very uninspired film. Lucky that you got to watch it alone.
Julianne pear in Fox’s ‘Grease: Live!’ musical - July 31, 2016  Jan 20 2015, 05:19:41 PM
She could surprise.
HUNCHBACK La Jolla Previews  Jan 20 2015, 05:01:26 PM
Yeah...this show isn't good. Kind of felt like I was watching a community college production.

My quick thoughts:

- Completely redo the opening. It's so boring. The brother thing doesn't really work. On film the opening is thrilling. One of the bests Disney has ever done. Onstage..oof.

- Get rid of the narrators. Or at least stop them from commenting on every little thing in the show.

- The set design. It puts the show in a cluster that doesn't seem r

Bradley Cooper... an Oscar and a Tony?  Jan 20 2015, 11:16:04 AM
Michael Moore can't really help or detract from American Sniper losing the award to Boyhood. Personally, I think it's atrocious how politics play such a huge part with Oscars, but that's how it is. On the other hand, I don't think American Sniper or Bradley Cooper deserves to win anyway.

Did Anyone See  Jan 20 2015, 10:37:22 AM
How different was the first cut of the movie you say, Wildcard? Just curious.
Did Anyone See  Jan 20 2015, 10:31:42 AM
I stand corrected. It was supposed to replace the lament, right?
Did Anyone See  Jan 20 2015, 10:22:13 AM
No one has seen it. It was said that the song ruined the pacing of the film. Which is usually code for 'it sucked'. It couldn't have been as bad as that "Suddenly" song from Les Mis.
Bradley Cooper... an Oscar and a Tony?  Jan 20 2015, 12:54:54 AM
It's pointless to debate with an idiot. Have fun making friends on here.
Bradley Cooper... an Oscar and a Tony?  Jan 20 2015, 12:49:29 AM
So only films that break box office records should win best picture right? You haven't even seen the rest of the nominees so you can't say whether or not they deserved to be nominated. That's like me saying "Oh I didn't see Into the woods but it probably sucks and shouldn't be nominated because it didn't break any box office records and only theater fans saw it"

You really have absolutely no idea what you are talking about and everyone can see that. Even showface is keeping it's distan

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You