News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for arielle_<3sjb

arielle_<3sjb Profile Photo
Member Name: arielle_<3sjb
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Musicals for high school production (large cast)
 Jan 12 2010, 07:35:35 PM
At this point it's out of our hands. Our director is going to choose out of the two.

johnnyg - holy, that school must have an amazingly large budget! I can't say the same for us. But that sounds great for them! They must have been thrilled!

MusicSnob - keep the prayers up hahaha

Jan 12 2010, 02:39:30 PM
So, the musical is on. We're all very excited!
Looks like it's going to be either Cats or Tommy...
Thanks for all your suggestions anyway!

Jan 11 2010, 06:20:16 PM
Karen24 - thanks! I love Les Mis and Fiddler, they're two of my favorites. He already said he won't do Les Mis, but I did suggest Fiddler on the Roof. It's just difficult because we can't do a musical that has been put on by any of the schools around here from the last few years (including a number on your list). And those often happen to be the best.

TILuv2shop- thanks also! i texted him some of the ideas and his reply as "we'll see" - don't know what that means. We're having a meeting

Jan 11 2010, 04:35:34 PM
Pgenre - and the joke never gets old.
though i'd rather shoot myself in the face. :)

I have Titanic, Thoroughly Modern Millie, and Aida on the list but I'll be adding All Shook Up and Anything Goes.
Thanks a lot everyone! :)
I'll know the fate of our musical by the end of tomorrow

Jan 11 2010, 02:52:51 PM
Thanks for the website, that will help a lot!
We're pretty equal for male and female -perhaps more female- and we have a great choreographer in the senior year aswell. So basically it's up to him, if he wants to do one or not. He's just saying that he can't think of one. Which is kind of ridiculous because I know there's a ton out there... we're just having a hard time coming up with a decent list.

And though the seniors are desperate... not all of them "know" theatre, or have a wi

Jan 11 2010, 06:14:34 AM
1. This sucks but, somehow I can't log into my second account, so don't hate on me, because no... i do no "<3sjb" ... i was like 10 (in my mind. and unfortunately in grade.)

2. My school is looking for a musical this year because my director can't seeem to find one. We need one that has a large cast and many roles. Can anyone help name a few? We're pretty desperate, especially us seniors. Thank you

re: 9 - 5 Rehearsals to start
 Jul 8 2008, 04:19:11 PM
Very exciting news! Thanks!
re: Julie Reiber as Elphaba on 7/5 mat?
 Jul 2 2008, 07:06:49 PM
She has been going on the past few matinees so I'm thinking she'll be going on Saturday too
who have you gotten stuff back from?
 Jul 1 2008, 07:33:45 PM
Can anyone tell me where to mail a letter to Jonathan Groff??
re: irritating voices
 Jun 30 2008, 06:41:42 PM
Idina.
Most Talented Women on Broadway
 Jun 16 2008, 11:50:12 AM
Yes, I think she's popular too, just look at how many times her name came up in this thread. And yes, POWERHOUSE. Let's just hope for 9 to 5 for that Tony?
re: What Musicals are Left to Be Made into Movies?
 Jun 9 2008, 09:43:19 AM
As much as I love Wicked, I would rather them not make a movie. My sujestion: if you're going to make it then make it soon before Stephanie J. Block gets too old to play a university student

I also agree with the person who said James Marsden as Fiyero!

re: Your favorite Elphaba....
 Jun 9 2008, 09:32:29 AM
"Ana Gasteyer by far the best acted and sung Elphaba. She blew me away when I saw it, she was really the only memorable thing from that night. She brought a sense of maturity and humor to Elphaba that other actors have not. Ana all the way!"

I also like Ana. I don't think she was given enough credit for Elphaba. My vote still stays with Stephanie J. Block though :)

re: Your favorite Elphaba....
 Jun 8 2008, 12:56:42 PM
SJB hands down. Then Lisa
re: Wicked 5/22 review
 May 23 2008, 06:12:35 PM
Haha, i didn't know he did either! :P

Omg, that sounds great! You've seen Stephanie three times?? I've only seen SJB as Elphie once and didn't know who she was at the time, argh! I think it would be incredible to see her and Kendra together again! Thanks for this!

re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
 May 11 2008, 06:00:17 PM
Chelsea Krombach. Sweetest person! And genuinely so shocked and humble that we were that excited to meet her! <3
re: Wicked Cast Recycling
 May 11 2008, 05:53:58 PM
I don't know why everyone cares that they recycle. The women who play the roles are all so good and it's like one of the roles of a lifetime. I personally like how they "recycle". I'm also very excited for Lisa to become full-time Elphaba in Chicago and for Kerry and Kendra to come to broadway. They would be something to see together
re: Message from Stephanie J. Block about recent absences
 Apr 28 2008, 07:42:46 PM
I know that everyone says that Lisa is amazing but... I'm seeing it for Stephanie. *tear*. Shit happens though.. I also hope that's she's there for Annaleigh's last. That would be sad.

Get better Steph!!! I'm supposed to see you in a few days!!!

Apr 27 2008, 05:24:39 PM
Does anyone have ANY news??? She's also supposed to be a judge at tuesday's Easter Bonnet competition. Is she going/ returning to Wicked??? Gah!
 Apr 25 2008, 09:27:46 PM
I'm going next week too and no matter how great people say Lisa is, I'm seeing the show for Stephanie (and because it's super fantastic of course!). Mrs. Lovett's Bf, what day are you going?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You