News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for hl2522

Member Name: hl2522
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Best BFA Musical Theater Programs
 Dec 14 2009, 07:47:55 PM
As of now Pace is the ONLY university in Manhattan that offers a BFA in Musical Theater and is actually a stellar program. The talent of the students and of the faculty is comparable to any "top" school.

Now that that is cleared up, I just want to echo the sentiments of whoever posted that you need to find the school that is right for you, not the one that has the "best" reputation. For the most part, casting directors/directors dont care where you go, thats not what gets you cast -

re: Andy Blankenbeuhler: One trick pony?
 May 2 2009, 02:52:52 AM
the term one trick pony would imply he could only do the same thing for every show which he hasnt...one hit wonder would be more appropriate if it were even appropriate at all to give him such a title.

lets give the guy a few more goes before we give him any title at all...

Best BFA Musical Theater Programs
 Feb 4 2009, 09:38:46 AM
TheActr97J makes a good point. Except I think it applies to most people in the last part of this thread who have been making lists. just "how the crap" are you ranking these and what qualifies you to do so. a lot of these rankings are based on heresay and past success of performers who've attended these programs. Try researching schools - go to their websites, visit collegeconfidential.com, etc. and you'll get a better understanding of what school is right for you, rather than applying to a lis
re: ON THE TOWN Encores! Casting?
 Oct 24 2008, 03:57:09 PM
anyone get their P2P code yet?

re: South Pacific cancellation line
 May 21 2008, 03:08:12 PM
mine were rear orch as well - but there is not a bad seat in that house for this show (having sat in the loge as well, I cant really say I have a preference). when a show is this good, as the box office man said, 'does it really matter [where the seats are]?'
 May 17 2008, 07:02:38 PM
i did it last wednesday. i got there at 330 just cause i was in the area and the first pair had just come up. went back an hour later to grab another ticket and they were also able to accomodate me. there didnt appear to be anyone else there but since I was there early, I dont know if a line eventually formed.
re: Best South Pacific Seating
 May 14 2008, 12:38:34 PM
I agree, sat in last row of LOGE and had a perfect view - didnt miss a thing. With the depth of that stage I would say LOGE is even better.
 May 14 2008, 12:58:37 AM
thanks very much for your [helpful] replies! I'll give it a shot - I just need to see this again before stock season :)
 May 13 2008, 06:17:11 PM
great! thanks!
 May 13 2008, 05:53:52 PM
the one and only bump...
South Pacific cancellation line
 May 13 2008, 02:53:31 PM
Has anyone been successful with SP cancellation tickets lately? If so, what time did you get there/what was the availibility like compared to the amount of people in line?

Thanks in advance for help!

re: Live From Lincoln Center: Camelot, airs this Thursday on PBS
 May 8 2008, 01:57:39 PM
"With all the wondering about whether or not Gabriel Byrne can sing, I don't think King Arthur is a singing role. Richard Burton certainly didn't sing it. Neither did Richard Harris, really. Both of them were in the Rex Harrison school of speak singing. So unless he's totally tone deaf, I'm sure we'll see more of the same. Unless he really CAN sing it."

I was commenting based on the fact that I saw the show last night and the verdict is that he cannot and really does not sing. :)

re: Live From Lincoln Center: Camelot, airs this Thursday on PBS
 May 8 2008, 01:43:51 PM
gabriel byrne does not sing.
re: green green dress
 May 4 2008, 04:29:03 PM
the book is pretty terrible and it is quite obvious that there are certain songs that were thrown into the show simply because those who worked on the project after Larson's passing didnt want the songs to be lost. (example: 'Sugar') I had thought about cutting it when I did the show but it does add a but of an energy boost (HA) between 'Real Life' and 'See Her Smile' and basically the rest of the show from there.. other than that though I think the music is pretty great and and any guy playing
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You