News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for gooftroop

gooftroop Profile Photo
Member Name: gooftroop
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Sharon Brown as Caroline
 Nov 19 2021, 02:05:44 PM

I am a huge fan of the show and I am gutted that I missed this opportunity.  I am going to keep checking the board and the next time she is on......YOU CAN REST ASSURED I WILL BE THERE.  I don't comment here very often but seeing this headline made me excited.  Reading the reviews simply confirmed what I already knew.   OK.......  Two Chers for the brilliant Sharon Brown.  Hip-Hip, Hooray!    Wait.....do we even cheer in this way?

&

The Green Room to Present TURNER RILEY: BEYOND THE BINARY
 Nov 8 2021, 11:29:47 AM

Beyond The Binary with Turner Riley

Is anyone headed out to see this show?  I am excited about it. 

The Green Room 42 has announced a one-night-only event, Turner Riley: Beyond the Binary, Starring Turner Riley (NYC: Rathskeller, Tours: Camelot, Ragtime, Sound of Music) and featuring Marla Alpert (Tours: Jekyll and Hyde, Ragtime), Jarvis Derrell (VH1: Jarvis in the Elevator, NYC: Sunday Service, Creator of @shehashadit), Sabrina Fosse (NYC: The Shoebox, The Hello Girls), Cooper Howell (Frozen Live, Off-Way: Emojiland, Spamilton), Raye Lederman (Tours: Seussical; Disney Cruise Line: Tangled, Beauty and the Beast; FringeNYC), Jade Litaker (NYC:Rathskeller, Regional: Rent, BARE: A Pop Opera), Ella Mora (New York Theatre Workshop, Hartford Stage Co., Williamstown Theatre Festival, Forestburgh Playhouse, Intiman Theatre Co., The Tank, 24 Hour Plays), Jordyn Norkey (Tours: Sound of Music; Question One-Workshop), THE snon SHEYZE (NYC: Rathskeller), Jax Terry (NYC: Playwright's Realm, Theatre Row, NYMF, FringeNYC, Pipeline, Joe Iconis Xmas), and Jace 'n Ziev (Original Cast of The Naked Truth Musical, Kory).

"We are at a time when trans theatre is absolutely necessary in our community," says Turner. "Representation leads to less stigmatization and less violence towards our trans siblings. Beyond just necessity, I am so excited to show just how divine and excellent trans theatre can be, and show that everyone in the audience, no matter their experience or how they identify, will be able to have an emotional reaction to our show. I am absolutely thrilled to share all of the hard work we put in and I am so thankful to Green Room 42 for the opportunity."

In Transit set
 Feb 8 2017, 09:48:34 AM

Oh she knows.   She reads the boards daily and often times she calls me in the middle of the night asking me if I saw things.  LOL, gotta love her.  She is just looking out for her baby boy that decided to go into this impossible profession. 

She actually called and said "here is a thread that you can reply to"  so I did.....

Enjoy your day, and the calm before the storm.  So many wonderful things opening in the next few months. 

In Transit set
 Feb 8 2017, 08:37:15 AM

Would we really hear through your mic if you were peeing?!

"

Yes oh yes you would hear.  And if by some miracle you didn't hear I WOULD HOPE YOU WOULD HEAR THE PERSON WASH THEIR HANDS.    Lucky for us, we have not had these type of issues in our show, but there have been stories about mics being "open" at the wrong time and the audiences hearing things they maybe did not want to hear.  I will admit, I find them hilarious when you catch them.  Or when you are backstage and your cast mate runs over to say "dude your mic is on"  WHOOPS!!!

ps: MOM, see I actually replied to a message here.   Hope this makes you happy.  LOL!

In Transit set
 Feb 7 2017, 08:28:33 AM

So sorry you haven't received the correct answer as of yet.   So way back in previews it was Captain Crunch (Cap'n Crunch) as well as a glass of wine.   We learned that eating captain crunch made it very difficult to sing even though that was how the original story went.  Yes, it is based on a true story...as is the majority of the show. 

So now, they simply use the wine.  It wouldn't be so bad if we actually had time to drink water while

What went wrong with Shuffle Along?
 Oct 4 2016, 08:37:13 AM

This is a very interesting thread.  I will try and keep my reply short because I don't want to get slammed for any errors I make while trying to type on my phone.  Lol.   Shuffle Along was a project that I worked on for years and in the end it made for one of the greatest experiences of my career so far.   I am sure every cast member will have their own opinion about what happened or what went wrong etc.   I just want to say a few things from my perspective. 

In Transit to Circle in the Square
 Jul 18 2016, 09:06:12 AM

This show has been on my radar for a while and now it is happening.  I put it out in the universe that I wanna be a part of this or at least be able to enjoy it from the audience.   Acapella music (if done well) can be pretty darn amazing...    Lets see what happens....

re: Taboo Sheet Music?
 Jul 13 2016, 07:24:19 PM

Email me. Arbender.robinson@gmail.com.  i have the score.   My show shuffle along starts soon but o can send it to ya after

Shuffle Along Rush Lately?
 Jul 11 2016, 07:42:33 AM

Audra was on, although she doesn't do wed or sat matinees. Billy was out, bur Arbender was on and was really great.

ahh thanks so much Depaultheatrekid.   Billy makes for some large shoes to fill.  Glad to know that someone saw me in the show and said i was " really great"   you just made my day     Thanks...

How many people on these boards work in theatre?
 Mar 22 2016, 08:50:22 AM

I work in Theatre, Broadway mostly, actor.  Well for the last 13 years or so it has been on Broadway.  I come here from time to time to read whats going on.  Not so much for the reviews but instead I love to read the commentary on topics, events and some performances.  I truly find some of the arguments to be amusing, So I admit I come here at least once a week and scroll through.

Benjamin Schrader: Stage Door Supper Club Sirius XM On Broadway
 Jan 3 2016, 09:55:09 PM

Ah, I had a feeling this would happen once I heard the broadcast.  I am the kid that used the term.  Arbender Robinson.  Indeed probably not the best choice of words.   I just wanted to express my love of the audition process, my need to always audition for any and every project that interests me.  that process seems to work for me and unlike many people that find the audition process to be stressful, I instead find such joy and pleasure in that process.

Cruise Ship Jobs for Broadway Performers
 Dec 21 2015, 07:08:01 AM

Very interesting question.  Let me start by saying I have made most of my professional career by performing on Broadway and I still do so now.   I also worked on Cruise Ships as well.   IN the end, it all depend son what you want you career to be and how you want it to look.  I liked cruise ship work because I got a chance to see some really cool places, I worked on my performance skill and i made a ton of money with no expenses.   These were important to me because the option of being a starving artist with 2 day jobs to make ends meet made no sense to me.

By the time i came to NYC i knew how to command a stage more so than ever before, i could go into an audition room, immediately feel the vibe of the room and deliver a stellar audition and book the show.  I do owe a ton of those skills to my cruise ship work.  I also met a ton of people (other performers) that came on he cruise to work as well.  Those connections helped as well.

My philosophy is this:   every job has to fulfill three categories in my life before i take it.   1. it must do something for my pocket book   2.  i must have something to learn from the process  3.  i must have some personal connection to the idea, the show, or the experience

if i can answer 2 of these statements very well then i will do the gig.  It has worked for me so far and wores for MOST of my students as well...  in the end the decision is yours, the journey is yours

Hope that helps.http://ibdb.com/Person/View/502551

When did you realize you would never be on Broadway?
 Aug 25 2015, 12:25:05 AM

OK maybe i should not find this post to be funny but I do.  I have been on Broadway many times and I also think each show will be my last.  I remember being in my first Broadway Show (Hairspray) and thinking they would soon realize they hired the wrong guy and send me packing.   That never happened thank goodness.   I will say this:  I am glad I never gave up even though I told myself many times over that I would never get to Broadway. 

Trying to find an audition song
 Jul 17 2015, 01:11:20 AM

Lucky for you that you are an alto.  Try Johnny One Note.  And when you sing the song be a little annoyed or duty so that you have a fun character singing the song.    I posted cool audition songs all the time on my audition blog as well.   Www.bookthegig.wordpress.com 

LES MIZ Cast Replacements?
 Jan 19 2015, 10:57:37 AM
Interesting,

I am Arbender and someone recently showed me that people are actually discussing my performance. I just want to say that I am honored. I mean, ya never know if people notice or even care. and for those who do notice and care, ya never know if they like it.... I am just glad that people notice and liked it. now i can smile for the rest of the day...

Arbender Robinson---Marius in Les Miz
 Jul 1 2014, 07:32:03 PM

This was Arbender’s first go round as Marius and I was absolutely blown away. I’ve loved him since he was in Hair — he was always a standout member of the ensemble to me because he has this ridiculously infectious smile and he exuded this pure joy whenever he was on that stage that I couldn’t help but be swept up with him in it. Of course, that was Hair. In LM, he plays Montparnasse (and several other dour ensemble roles), so that joy was notably absent. That being said… it boils u

Arbender Robinson---Marius in Les Miz
 Jul 1 2014, 07:30:38 PM
NO, I am not taking over the role. Well at least it has not been brought to my attention. I will say that Im super excited over all the attention my playing the role has brought. It seems that people are really digging it.
RIP John Pinette
 Apr 10 2014, 09:48:21 AM
I had the pleasure of working with him on Hairspray on Broadway. I am shocked by this news. He was definitely my favorite Edna ever.
Broadway Workshops
 Dec 16 2013, 12:05:08 AM
Broadway classroom is probably gonna be the best bet with the most individual options to fit your schedule...
Brandon Victor Dixon, Mykal Kilgore ,Jarrod Spector to sing in Lyons and Pakchar at Rockwood
 Dec 6 2013, 08:01:45 PM
Hey Guys has anyone heard of Lyons and Pakchar? I'm curious about this concert, I previewed their album #Love (Live) on itunes and it seemed cool. Anyone going? I love Mykal Kilgore's voice. This link has a awesome preview.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You