News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for KarenNYC

KarenNYC Profile Photo
Member Name: KarenNYC
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

DavidJosefsberg.com is now up!
 Sep 30 2005, 02:08:24 PM
For those interested, the official website for David Josefsberg (Altar Boyz, Slut) is now up.

http://davidjosefsberg.com

Thanks,
Karen

re: Man in the White Suit - Free Ticket for Sunday 6/26
 Jun 26 2005, 01:07:59 PM
The ticket is gone - thanks!

re: POTO DVD
 Apr 1 2005, 02:18:25 PM
According to Raul Esparza's website, he auditioned for Phantom, and there's a clip of his screen test on the DVD!

Sorry, it was just an April Fool's joke. Raul never auditioned for the Phantom movie.

Pigalle
 Feb 16 2005, 03:45:47 PM
I've only had post-theatre dessert there once, but I really liked Pigalle on 48th and 8th.

Shill alert - Jessica Grové's website
 Feb 2 2005, 09:24:02 AM
Jessica Grové's Official Website has had its relaunch. (Aaaand collective groans of "it's about time" anyone?) Please stop by and browse around. There are some new items from her most recent shows in the Media and Gallery sections, plus new headshots, and a whole new design.

Thanks,
Karen

Shill alert! Cary Shields and Mark Jackson's band, Poncho
 Jan 27 2005, 01:57:46 PM
I thought it might interest some people on this board that the official website for Poncho has been launched. There is a photo gallery and video clips on the site, and soon there will be announcements about the band's upcoming gigs.

Check it out...

http://luckyponcho.com

Thanks,
Karen

John Hill at Pieces Bar on Wed., 1/19 @ 11:00
 Jan 15 2005, 03:06:14 PM
Posting this info for a friend (excuse the big image):

re: Prodigal?
 Nov 23 2004, 12:37:55 AM
Oh you know, I'm sure it did have to do with that, because as I recall now he'd run away from home and returned, etc.

And Musetta, no it wasn't Jim Poulos. This guy had curly hair. I just can't remember his name, but I know it wasn't Poulos.

re: Prodigal?
 Nov 22 2004, 11:54:31 PM
The show played at the 92nd Street Y, I believe, right before Kerry went into Hairspray. It took place in Australia and it was about a boy who was struggling with his identity. I can't remember the name of the guy who played the lead, but he was in Tom Sawyer on Broadway the year before. Christian Borle had dual roles - as his brother and later, his lover (he was great, by the way). Kerry played his free-spirited friend.

I wish I could tell you more but I don't remembe

re: Did you enjoy La Cage?
 Nov 20 2004, 11:46:59 AM
I'm not cabarethed but I was there and there was no BC/EFA speech.

Also the running time Wednesday night was about 2:40 if I recall correctly, so Jgssf, you should be out before 6:00. Ruby Foo's is pretty good, if not a little pricey for my taste.

re: John Landis to direct 'Bat Boy the Musical' Movie !!!
 Nov 19 2004, 09:11:17 PM
Heres praying for a Deven/Kerry/Scott/Katlin reunion

Who's Scott?

re: Ford Center gets a new name
 Nov 17 2004, 01:58:05 PM
Chrysler Plymouth Theatre?

re: Jason Graae brings 'Coup De Graae' to The Hideaway Room at Helen's -
 Nov 17 2004, 01:28:09 PM
Jason Graae is pants-down the funniest person I've ever had the pleasure to meet and work with. Thanks to his humor and personality, one of my favorite theatre jobs to this day was on Forbidden Broadway Y2KLA a few years ago.

I can't wait to go to this.

re: Has anyone been a big fan and met the person and became good friends?
 Nov 15 2004, 02:08:19 PM
Mary was FURIOUS because she loves getting a few roles of Charmin and really fu*king up Betty's lawn.

Matt, did you and Mary ever talk about the challenges of playing Charmin roles? I'd love to hear about it. Must be right up there with Shakespeare.

re: Legally Blonde the Musical
 Nov 12 2004, 03:39:44 AM
Writers>http://www.playbill.com/news/article/86732.html">Writers of Broadway-Aimed Legally Blonde — The Musical Announced, Playbill, June 2004

re: Jamie De Roy Benefit
 Nov 7 2004, 12:50:59 AM
Kathy Brier - Sh*t, I KNOW I know this song, but can't remember it, followed by "I Want to Be a Rockette" (which may or may not be the actual name of the song)

Kathy's first song was Guns 'n' Roses' "Sweet Child O' Mine".

And. she. ROCKED.

re: Tick, Tick, Boom!
 Nov 6 2004, 11:49:12 AM
Graham Rowat is the body-double - it was mentioned in a caption on one of the broadway.com photo-ops.

I liked Trey's Mark. He and Matt Caplan are the best I've seen on Broadway, but Neil Patrick Harris is the best Mark I've seen overall.

Broadway Matt - I saw the cast you're talking about, but in Los Angeles right before they went to San Francisco. I believe the Maureen you're talking about might be Erin Keaney. I might be mistaken, but I think she's the one I saw in L.A.
re: Raul Esparza's website
 Nov 6 2004, 11:38:00 AM
Thanks, Craig and Sammy, for speaking up for me. (Edit: And TGIF, too.) Yes, I have been sick, but that's beside the point.

There are two webmasters for Raul's site and we both do different things for the site, but I'm not going to get into the specifics of Becky's and my roles because that's really between the two of us.

Robyn, I'm sorry you're disappointed that we haven't added the CHITTY news to Raul's site. But the fact is that we have different sources than the article t

re: Did anyone see the original HAIR?
 Oct 29 2004, 09:23:14 PM
You're welcome, Mary_Ethel. It's a great read.

I saw a small production of Hair several years ago and the finale went about the same way as well. My friends and I got pulled up to the stage as well, but if I recall correctly, the cast members didn't exit the stage; they just danced with the audience until the end.

Re: the film. I really didn't like how they changed the ending and had the switcheroo happen with Berger and Claude. I don't know what making that change

re: Did anyone see the original HAIR?
 Oct 29 2004, 05:07:26 PM
Here's a book I highly recommend as well:

"Let The Sun Shine In: The Genius of Hair"
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0325005567/ref=wl_it_dp/103-7676410-0591819?%5Fencoding=UTF8&coliid=I3LD8WWIQ1AEJX&v=glance&colid=1308LMOJ89QV7

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You