News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for tbrean

tbrean Profile Photo
Member Name: tbrean
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Chicago Tribune reviews 'The Addams Family '
 Dec 10 2009, 08:05:01 PM

re: re: re: re: re: Hedwig
 Sep 1 2003, 03:32:11 PM
Count me in that cult following.

I love the music and have seen the show several times off-Broadway and in local productions. Each actor playing the lead brought his (or her in the case of Ally Sheedy) own interpretation.

Here's an article about the upcoming album of Hedwig covers.

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: When You Walk Through A Storm .....
 Sep 1 2003, 11:11:34 AM
I recorded Sammy Davis Jr. on the telethon many years ago, singing Music of the Night. And he set it up by giving the backstory. It's a classic! "There was this cat who lived under the Opera House, man." His version of the song is priceless!
re: re: re: Spitfire Grill
 Sep 1 2003, 10:37:01 AM
Spitfire Grill tells the story of 21-year-old Percy, who arrives in a small Wisconsin town after her release from prison and is grudingly given a job by the older Hannah, owner of the town diner. While the rest of the town isn't as welcoming, the two women form an unlikely alliance to raffle off the grill.

I saw a production at Apple Tree Theatre here in Chicago. The show was sweet and had a few very nice songs. The original cast recording, which has Liz Callaway, is also worth picking

re: Broadway on Broadway
 Aug 27 2003, 07:31:41 AM
They did show it on TV here in Chicago last year, which really surprised me. It was great to see snippets of shows like Amour and Boys From Syracuse, along with the blockbusters.

I'm going to try to get there by around 10 this year. Should I go even earlier?

Broadway on Broadway
 Aug 26 2003, 09:22:45 PM
Looks like my next visit to NYC in a couple of weeks is going to coincide with Broadway on Broadway. I'd love to go. Who has been to this before and who is going this year? Do you have any suggestions about when to arrive, best place to view, etc.? I'm excited about seeing this in person for the first time!

According to the website, the performances will include Little Shop, Boy From Oz, Taboo, and Wicked!

re: Hairspray on the Plaza
 Aug 9 2003, 10:39:00 AM
And did Matthew forget his lyrics?? There were several bars of backing vocals only during Without Love.

I agree with the criticism of the Today Show audio/video. And also agree with the nice shots of Adam!

re: Brian D'arcy James
 Aug 5 2003, 08:03:18 AM
Brian is terrific, and I got to see him live in the three shows you mentioned, plus a performance of The Broadway Tenors with Hugh Panaro and Stephen Bogardus.

I'd recommend the new studio cast recording of Brownstone to hear more of him. Has anyone heard this recording? One thing that bothers me about it is they have another guy on it that sounds just like Brian, so I can't easily tell them apart.

re: Joey McIntyre in Tick Tick Boom
 Jul 31 2003, 08:19:46 AM
I had also gone to see Christian Campbell in the tour and thought the same thing...that he was really stretching on the singing and flat a lot. But, I went back a few days later to a matinee to see his understudy Trey Ellett, who was much better.
re: Joey McIntyre in Tick Tick Boom
 Jul 30 2003, 07:53:47 AM
Joey was terrific. Acting and singing were excellent. Almost as great as Raul.
Cry-baby rocks
 Jul 26 2003, 12:31:18 AM
Definitely a great idea to make this one into a stage musical!!! The article says the show will get a new book and music, but it would be a shame not to get to see "Please Mr. Jailer" on stage.

Best line from the movie..."Look left, look right....good teenagers!" - Patty Hearst

Second best "You traded me for a milkmaid??" - Tracy Lords

re: annie's song
 Jul 24 2003, 08:07:10 AM
I grew up listening to my albums (those vinyl things) of The Shirts. I'm one of her biggest fans and actually saw her as Audrey off-Broadway in Little Shop of Horrors.

The demo CD of Hairspray is brilliant. She has such a 60's sounding voice (but a bit old to actually play the role). I've got some tracks from the CD in rotation on my online radio station.

Of course, there is also her currently running Coinstar commercial!!

re: Jai Rodriguez queer eye/zanna dont
 Jul 24 2003, 07:59:27 AM
It also seems like they edited Blair's scenes down to almost nothing. You barely even notice he's there.

...and he won't be after this week.

re: Little Shop of Horrors! Rehearsals
 Jul 19 2003, 10:31:19 AM
I am, of course, greatly looking forward to this production. The FL tryout was terrific, but almost identical to the Off-Broadway production. I'm so excited to find out what they'll do to change it. It's such a perfect show for a small Off-Broadway theater. I hope it doesn't lose its spirit by adapting it for a Broadway house.
re: re: re: re: re: I found a pic from the Millie tour
 Jul 16 2003, 11:23:45 PM
Sorry to hear that. It would have been interested to see her double up on the roles. I saw her in a fast-paced farce here, where she played about 2 dozen characters. She could have handled it.
re: ELEGIES cast recording
 Jul 16 2003, 06:47:42 PM
This has quickly become one of my favorite CDs. It's a fascinating collection of very personal stories of loss, and I especially like Betty Buckley on "Only One" and Carolee Carmello on "When the Earth Stopped Turning".
re: re: re: I found a pic from the Millie tour
 Jul 16 2003, 06:30:40 PM
Hollis is a local girl, and she will be fantastic in both roles.
re: TV appearances
 Jul 16 2003, 06:29:46 PM
You just need to get a TiVo and program the word "Broadway" into the wish lists. That's how I catch many TV appearances I would never know about otherwise. TiVo rules. (And, no, I don't work for TiVo :))
re: Best Female Belters
 Jul 14 2003, 11:17:49 PM
My two favorites: Mary Testa and Debbie Gravitte!
re: Chicago re-release
 Jul 14 2003, 11:16:09 PM
I had read that the movie was now not going to be re-released to theaters, as originally announced.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You