News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dramafreak13

dramafreak13 Profile Photo
Member Name: dramafreak13
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://livejournal.com/users/dramafreak13
Profile: I'm a junior BFA acting student at Hofstra University on Long Island but I make my home in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: john & jen - thoughts?
 Mar 22 2005, 04:15:30 PM
yea, that does suck... espeically since they are my two of my fav composers. sigh...can't we all just get along?
re: Spelling Bee
 Mar 22 2005, 04:13:36 PM
yea bronx...get a clue. as for me i saw it two weeks ago and i loved it so much. :0) I ushered so I didn't have to pay, but it is worth the full price.
re: john & jen - thoughts?
 Mar 22 2005, 04:09:08 PM
i love this show...combine lippa and jrb, you have something great :0)
re: Audra's How Glory Goes question...
 Mar 22 2005, 12:29:24 AM
thank you so much for the info.... not knowing was killing me, i'm obsessed with that song right now. :0)
Audra's How Glory Goes question...
 Mar 21 2005, 04:25:18 PM
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone had any information on the backstory of the song "I Don't Mind" on Audra McDonald's 'How Glory Goes' CD. Thanks

re: Jason Robert Brown Questions
 Jan 22 2005, 02:32:33 PM
jwaa-- i was at the concert too, one of the best experiences of my life
re: Romeo & Juliet: The Musical
 Jan 3 2005, 02:36:23 AM
i saw a version of this in san jose, ca a few years back. i dont know if it is the same show, it was interesting but i dont rememeber any of the music.
OK
 Dec 25 2004, 05:15:40 PM
there are so many musical intricases in this score it is amazing.... part of the reason JRB is my favorite composer! :0)
re: Musicals That Inspired You
 Dec 24 2004, 03:41:03 PM
Songs for a New World, but specifically the reunion concert about a month ago. i have been so inspired and motivated since then...
re: synopsis of 'Once On This Island'
 Dec 21 2004, 12:39:10 AM
two things:

1) zepka...you live in san jose? i'm from here as well, go to school in new york though

2) tcb...where did you do OOTI?

re: Anyone ready for Once on this Island Revival????
 Dec 15 2004, 07:06:20 AM
we literally just closed a production of Once on this Island at my university, i was the producer and assistant choreographer. it went extremely well and we got some really good reactions from the audience. i think overall, its not a hard show to sell to people who don't know it but its an extremely hard show to do well. i do think we pulled it off very well.
re: The mighty Starmites!
 Dec 4 2004, 04:24:10 PM
I saw a children's performance in the San Francisco bay area a few years ago, it was pretty good. not my fav though
re: SMILE, the musical
 Nov 29 2004, 07:43:29 AM
there was just a thread about this a few days ago. you can find 3 of the songs from the show on the CD Unsung Musicals. i was in the show last year at my university, if you have any questions.
re: SMILE
 Nov 21 2004, 04:55:09 PM
momto- i dont know who owns the rights, i think its mti, but i'm sure you can find out online. the entire score has never been recorded. there are three songs from the show that are on the CD "Unsung Musicals" that is the best way to get ahold of any music from the show.
re: SMILE
 Nov 21 2004, 01:07:49 PM
I did this show last year, I played Cookie. If there is anything you need to know just ask me. :0)
re: La Cage
 Nov 15 2004, 12:55:33 AM
yea, no obstructions, luckily the marquis is a very small theatre to begin with. but hopefully you will be able to move up, the ushers were great about it.
re: La Cage
 Nov 14 2004, 04:54:29 PM
i did the exact same thing as matt.
re: Another (longer) LA CAGE review from Another Matt- 11/11
 Nov 12 2004, 11:45:13 AM
The one in the picture is me, broadwaymatt and I acutally went to high school together in california. I agree with everything Matt says, the show was amazing. And meeting Jerry Herman was one of the highest points of my life. And Redhot- Ruthie was very good, I met her outside the stage door afterwards and talked with her about Smile (I was in a production of it last year) She was very gracious and nice. Such a great night overall, go see the show!!
re: LA CAGE AUX FOLLES Review 11/11/04 (1st Preview)
 Nov 12 2004, 11:37:50 AM
I was there last night as well and I was blown away with how well-casted the show was. I don't think I could have asked for anything more when it came to the cast. It was an amazing production all around, the sets, costumes, the choreography. All of it was incredible. Gary Beach was amazing, I wish that I could have heard Gavin Creel sing more, but such is the part. I encourage anyone who wants to see a great show to go and see this. And I agree with Matt_G, I don't really think it is nece
re: LA CAGE in ten days! Who's going?
 Nov 2 2004, 12:04:21 AM
seeing it in ten days with broadwaymatt, very very excited!!!! its my first opening preview!!! :0)
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You