News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for allery

allery Profile Photo
Member Name: allery
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Theatre in the round
 Mar 21 2020, 09:00:53 PM

Isn’t the memory a funny thing?

Randomly out of nowhere today I remember seeing this video five years ago. Why was I watching videos about Hale theater?! Beats me. I do find the design concepts of theirs to be very fascinating 

Theatre in the round
 Mar 21 2020, 09:00:33 PM
Thank you so much yes that is it
Theatre in the round
 Mar 21 2020, 08:41:27 PM
This isnt exactly a Broadway specific question so Im hoping my post doesnt get removed. A couple of years ago I was searching YouTube and I came across a series of videos from a regional theatre in the United States where all of the shows are performed in the round and the centre of the stage is on an elevator. I recall in one of the videos they showed a backstage tour of when they did Big Fish and they even had water on the stage.
Im wondering if anybody knows what Im talking about and can

Hal Prince, A Director's Life - link
 Nov 24 2018, 04:00:31 PM
Sadly the PBS affiliate in my city did not play this program and I would love to see it. Is there anyway to watch that video outside of the country
The Heart of Robin Hood
 Nov 21 2014, 07:49:58 PM
Saw the show last week here in Winnipeg and it was spectacular!! This announcement comes as no surprise to me and many who saw it
Valjean understudy - Holy WOW!
 Mar 14 2014, 04:13:35 PM
Was a fan of Aaron's when he appeared on Canadian Idol - Glad to hear people are enjoying his voice.

Movies you think could be adapted to the stage as a play or Jukebox Musical
 Jan 23 2014, 05:30:06 PM
As a young boy I would listen to Diana Ross Greatest Hits as I would fall asleep. I would imagine the songs were taking place on stage in musical theatre format, telling the stories of a love and heartbreak.

Jemma Rix vs other Elphabas outside of Broadway/West End
 Dec 13 2013, 12:43:09 PM
I saw the show in London in May and was very impressed with the actress I saw. She was either the understudy or Stand by, as the actress portraying Elphaba was on Vacation. It was two performances into the vacation schedule and the actress I saw felt fresh and alive in the role. Wish I could recall who it was.
Must have Musical Albums!
 Nov 21 2013, 12:29:16 AM
Gypsy (Bette Midler or Patti Lupone recording)
Hair ( original cast)
A Chorus Line
Carousel
Next to Normal
The Last Five Years
Pippin

What Are Your Guilty Pleasure Shows?
 Nov 21 2013, 12:24:41 AM
I enjoy Legally Blonde and Xanadu but I'd have to say Hair and Little shop are my true guilty pleasures. I will put those albums on while cleaning my apartment and sing along from beginning to end. I sure do feel sorry for my neighbours.
Broadway Wedding Songs
 Jun 27 2013, 07:40:02 PM
When I have my big gay wedding I would love them to play "I will Never Leave you" from "Side Show" and "Ill Cover You reprise" from "Rent". Yes I know both songs are a tad out of context but both make my heart skip a beat. I do wish my future husband goes for this, Ill let you know when I finally meet him.
Glee just did NOT GETTING MARRIED TODAY...
 Feb 15 2013, 01:21:55 PM
I have also quit Glee, but tuned in to see the song. I was quickly reminded why I had quit. Some of the worst acting I have ever seen. Lets hope the show is cancelled in the near future.
Broadway in a Box: Essential Broadway Musical
 Oct 4 2012, 07:38:50 PM
Ive just ordered Broadway in a Box: Essential Broadway Musical, on Amazon.com and am anticipating its arrival. Yes obviously I will be doubled up on some cast recordings but just couldnt resist. What are everyone's thoughts on the collection? Any consumer reviews?

Food on stage
 Sep 27 2012, 07:36:10 PM
I saw a show years ago inwhich an actor cracked an egg into a clear cup and drinks it. Ive always be curious as to what could be used in that situation, I just can't imagine an actor drinking the real thing
Does anyone still want/collect cast recordings on vinyl?
 Sep 11 2012, 12:21:52 PM
I have recently just started collecting. I love the sound of a classic show on Vinyl. I am very interested in what you might have.
re: Posters from shows
 Mar 13 2009, 02:52:00 PM
Window card or Posters either way I was happy to get the link.
 Mar 12 2009, 06:12:33 PM
Thats it!!!! Thank you!!!
 Mar 12 2009, 04:41:32 PM
http://www.tritongallery.com/ , good site. However the one I am looking for is sorted my decade.
I know I should have saved it in my favorites.

Posters from shows
 Mar 12 2009, 04:35:49 PM
About a week or so ago I came across a link to a wonderful website of show posters through out the years. I am unable to locate that post at the moment and was hoping someone knew it.
Thank you in advance

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You