News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Mr. Tuttle

Mr. Tuttle Profile Photo
Member Name: Mr. Tuttle
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

They're Playing Our Song Benefit Concert 2019  Sep 27 2018, 02:47:49 AM
What a great show that has been neglected for far too long. Lucie and Robert wee a joy. Later replacements like Stockard Channning - who just cannot sing - not so much. If you seach YouTube, you can find Stockard doing a bad rendition of "I Still Believe In Love" on the Merv Griffin Show.

And one of those chorus folks was a newbie called Donna Murphy.

Would this play on Broadway today? No. It was a sweet, innocent show (with a really small cast - two leads and six chorus). It

What factors go into choosing a theatre for your Broadway show?  Sep 27 2018, 02:41:40 AM
Don't forget the factor in the location of the theater. If people can get to it easily and can even see it, you have a lot of instant traffic.
re: NYTimes confirms: Rent Closing  Jan 15 2008, 11:35:03 PM
You can believe closing night will be spectacular.

re: NYTimes confirms: Rent Closing  Jan 15 2008, 11:29:39 PM
I guess we should not talk about the news of the new national tour with former RENT stars?

Since it wasn't in that golden link that makes all offical,

re: NYTimes confirms: Rent Closing  Jan 15 2008, 11:23:36 PM
Yes Phyllis. It does.

Thanks for the proof.

re: NYTimes confirms: Rent Closing  Jan 15 2008, 11:19:52 PM
Annak...If you spend your life waiting for a "link" to some press release, then you will be behind everyone else.

Les Miz revival...Usher in Chicago...O'Hara in SP...Sheri in LM...some of the things I broke here on BWW. As an industry person, I know what's going on.

Feel free to to believe it or not. Don't really care.

And Phyllis....Since you're an industry insider, why don't you feel free to share with us. Hmmm....

re: NYTimes confirms: Rent Closing  Jan 15 2008, 11:13:16 PM
Yes..maybe you missed my last post that said "offical word". But then again, it's much more fun to bitch about how no one knows the inside story.

Glad I could break it for ya.

re: Ursula - What If?  Jan 14 2008, 09:55:58 PM
Yeah Jersey. Sure. Mike Nichols came all the way down to the theatre to "discuss" Greys. Yeah...that's it.

Believe what you will.

re: A couple of neat pictures from the original production of THE WIZ  Jan 14 2008, 09:33:33 PM
The revival/revisitation/regurg isn't happening.
re: Ursula - What If?  Jan 14 2008, 09:23:53 PM
How quaint that people here believe that Saaaara's absences were all vocal health related.

I guess that's why Mike Nichols came down to the theatre personally to have a "discussion" with Saaaaara about her absences. Interesting. Shortly after the "discussion," Saaaara left the show.

I guess those darn vocal problems also made some of her leading cast memebers say they would never work her again.

Damn voice problems. They ruin everything!

re: Theresa Rebeck's World Premier of her new play 'Our House' in Denver  Jan 13 2008, 11:20:46 PM
Damn. I thought this was the Madness musical.
re: Full SOUTH PACIFIC Cast/Creatives  Jan 13 2008, 11:16:32 PM
This is exciting. Right now, Kelli O'Hara is Broadway's leading lady and a perfect fit for this role.

Hoping she finally wins her much deserved Tony.

re: San Francisco Shows Questions?  Jan 9 2008, 05:23:09 PM
What large local productions are going to the GG, Cuuran or Orpheum?

The Opera and ACT used them for one time performances years and years ago.

I do not know of any groups using the theatres expect national tours.

re: Les Miz Performance Rights  Jan 9 2008, 05:19:09 PM
What theatre can't get the rights to do Cats?

Hell. Junor high schools are doing it.

re: Les Miz to tour in 2009/2010, produced by NETworks  Jan 9 2008, 05:17:27 PM
A 22 year old from Backwoods College would be better than many Equity performers I have seen.
re: Les Miz to tour in 2009/2010, produced by NETworks  Jan 9 2008, 03:54:17 PM
It was that damn dress that lost them the Best Revivial Tony.

Boo dress.

re: San Francisco Shows Questions?  Jan 9 2008, 03:51:03 PM
Don't count on the Wiz. Look for a replacement show.

Then areas around then GG and Orpheum are not bad. Only bad for those who think they are bad and feel they could be a victim. SNH has security out infront of both of these theatres. If some street person calling you names is too scary for someone, not only stay away from the GG, but the city as well.

re: Les Miz to tour in 2009/2010, produced by NETworks  Jan 9 2008, 03:33:52 PM
I'll wait to see what "re imagining" they come up with. There was suppose to be some re imagining for the revival. Having Rent girl play the role is not it.
re: Les Miz Performance Rights  Jan 9 2008, 03:30:30 PM
"The rights have been avaliable for a LONG LONG time. They were released around the time that the original production was closing off Broadway and the tour was going strong.

It became one of if not the first musical to release its rights for amature productions while any major professional production was going on."

Wow. Talk about someone who has no clue about the industry.

Oh, and Winston wants everyone to know that "Wicked" is available to everyone!

re: Great Strike Cartoon  Nov 13 2007, 08:26:53 PM
So funny and so true.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You