News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Enjolras15

Member Name: Enjolras15
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

An American Dr In Zhivago
 Jan 20 2015, 04:04:48 PM
Dr Zhivago is one of the most incredible shows I have ever seen. I saw it twice here in Sydney. The score is one of the most beautiful ever written.
Benanti & Radnor to Lead Revival of She Loves Me in 2016!
 Jan 20 2015, 03:34:39 PM
This is awesome news. A number of years back I had the extreme luck of being able to appear in a production of this jewel of a musical. I do think Laura will sing amazingly in this role.
Musical Concept Albums
 Jan 19 2015, 10:55:39 PM
As far as I know there has never been a Broadway cast album of Phantom of the Opera. there has been a Canadian cast album though.
Musical Concept Albums
 Jan 19 2015, 10:53:45 PM
The Celebrity cast album of songs from Whistle Down The Wind came out after the London Cast album.
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Jekyll & Hyde - the original in 1990 and the expanded in 1994

Today would have been Gwen Verdon's 90th birthday
 Jan 13 2015, 06:16:59 PM
Having never got to see Gwen Verdon live I am still so glad that she got to reprise her role in the film of "Damn Yankees" - a role which suited her down to the ground. Long live the memory of Gwen Verdon.
The Last Ship Closing January 24th
 Jan 12 2015, 11:40:43 PM
Consider this - you guys actually live where you can go to Broadway. We have to make do with what actually makes it to professional theatre here in Australia or else wait for the Community Theatre production rights to be released and then hope some brave groups decides to put it's hand up. Luckily we do have some independent theatres who are staging Next To Normal and Dogfight this year.
Going to A Good Thing Going?
 Jan 12 2015, 11:05:25 PM
I would love to see this show. Sydney Australia does not get these Sondheim tributes. I am so sick of Could I Leave You from Follies though.
Jumanji as a musical?
 Jan 12 2015, 11:02:49 PM
Could Broadway really sink that low?
A Little Night Music deserves a film remake
 Jan 11 2015, 11:04:08 PM
I quite like the original film, though a remake would be amazing. I would say "Leslie Caron" as Mdme Armfeldt, "Anna Kendrick" as Anne Egerman, "Hugh Jackman" as Frederik Egerman, "Billy Magnussen" as Henrik Egerman, Australia's "Marina Prior" as Desiree Armfeldt, "Emily Blunt and Chris Pine" as Count Magnus and Charlotte Malcolm, "Lilla Crawford" and Frederika Armfeldt and "Lea Michelle" as Petra. Plus a selection of Broadway stars as the chorus.
Help needed picking Broadway cast albums
 Jan 8 2015, 10:14:50 PM
Pippin broadway revival
Mystery of Edwin Drood - revival
Into the Woods - Film soundtrack
Passion - New Broadway cast
Beautiful - the Carole King Musical
Evita - New Broadway cast
Les Miserables - 2010 London cast
Miss Saigon - New cast album

Favourite Musical Characters
 Jan 8 2015, 10:09:40 PM
I have been thinking about this a lot and have decided that my fave characters are:
Male: Sweeney Todd, Edgar Allen Poe in Poe the musical and Doctor Zhivago
Female" Elphaba in Wicked, Norma Desmond in Sunset Boulevard, Lucy in Jekyll and Hyde

Who are yours?

Little moments on cast albums that you love
 Jan 8 2015, 09:56:10 PM
For me it's in Les Miserables on the 2010 London Cast Album of Les Miserables when Gareth Gates sings in reply to John Owen Jones - Who Am I? "You're Jean Valjean". It gets me all the time.
Lapine Wants To Make SUNDAY IN THE PARK Movie
 Jan 8 2015, 09:50:55 PM
Johnny would be great. I think that of all the Sondheim shows that Follies and Passion would make the best films. Sweeney Todd and Into the Woods are my favourites and have already been done. Next are Sunday and Assassins. I do love Merrily but that I do not think would sell as a film. I think Act One Finale of Sunday is one of the most beautiful things in all musical theatre.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You