News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Elphie'sMom

Elphie'sMom Profile Photo
Member Name: Elphie'sMom
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Todrick Hall joining KINKY BOOTS
 Aug 17 2016, 07:42:21 AM

gypsy101 said: "Islander_fan said: "If they are bringing him in because he's a Youtube star (God do I hate that phrase.) then it it is stunt casting. However, if they brought him on because he's someone with Broadway talent who deserves a break because they are that talented etc. Well, that's clearly a different reason. My gut says that they are bringing him on because of his youtube fame status and to help sell tickets. So, yes, at least to me it's stunt cas

Fun Home ok for 10 year old?
 Aug 17 2016, 07:33:05 AM

South Florida said: "Maybe if more kids saw this show they wouldn't be so brutal to the kids going through what Alison did.  By all means, take her and tell her about what it means.

Great point!

For those comparing the two (fun home and Sweeney) I think they are apples and oranges. Sweeney Todd is more out of the realm of reality, IMO. Some kids would likely think it's gruesome, and may not really get the plot line. Fun Home ha

Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!
 Aug 17 2016, 07:01:26 AM

http://www.playbill.com/article/jason-robert-brown-apologizes-for-last-five-years-concert-ticket-problems

Aug 15 2016, 12:16:04 PM

JRB treated the code at exactly 12:00! Got the second cheapest seats, thank God! So excited! These seats will not last until Wednesday.

Aug 14 2016, 10:06:19 PM

I just scoured the internet for some clue as to the ticket sale situation, and it's all a bit sketchy. I feel like this is going to be like the Smash concert: no chance for the little people like us ??. With the dates being contradictory on both sites (town hall and TM), it's not looking good. 

IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
 Feb 5 2015, 10:25:09 AM
I've never seen anything on tour (since I live in NYC), but I'd imagine that the 'name' thing isn't as big of a deal. So few people get the opportunity to see broadway shows, that I think they are (somewhat) okay with whomever they get, as long as the perfomrer is suitable for the role.

I saw both Idina and Jackie on Broadway, about 6 months apart (Idina first, in previews). Both were amazing, yet different. Jackie definitely did some different things/riffs with some of those big notes (after my daughter wearing out the soundtrack between the two shows and hearing Idina over and over again) it was a nice variation. I am not at all downplaying Idina- we love her. But she is not as young, fresh and vivacious as she used to be. I get it, I've already 'flirted with 40' and my schedule is not nearly as demanding as hers, and I am tired jsut thinking about what she has to do. Jackie is much younger, not technically the age of Liz/Beth. But she pulled it off, and well I might add. The audience appeared to be at about 75% (we won the lottery, and entered knowing she was in it). We saw her as Elphaba, and we really wanted to see how she was in this role.

That being said, I do not see Idina stepping in at all. She is in talks to do a show produced by Ellen. And she is always talking about the time she does not spend with her son. I don't think she's about to commit to taking him all over the country, or is willing to split him even more with daddy (but I don't know her, so this is all speculation).

While we're throwing Elphabas around, how about Willemijn? Wouldn't that be interesting

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You