News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for levinb

Member Name: levinb
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hamilton in the Blizzard
 Jan 23 2016, 11:49:01 AM

Wondering about that myself.  Seems to me that most "cancellation" tickets are actually house seats that aren't being used.  But actual cancellations?  As far as I know, tickets are non refundable, so what is the incentive for someone to call in to cancel?  I got sick last year while eating out before seeing The Real Thing.  I emailed them a few days later, and they gave me free tickets for a future performance, but I doubt that is possible for Hamil

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/10/16
 Jan 11 2016, 09:06:41 PM

Nice to see King Charles being one of the few shows with a post! holiday bump in both attendance and gross. I guess the word is finally getting out

On Your Feet Struggling?
 Dec 24 2015, 10:41:43 AM

I take back my statement on recouping. $18 million is an enormous investment. Not saying it won't, but it will take a lot, especially in a season with several very strong musicals. 

On Your Feet Struggling?
 Dec 23 2015, 10:51:02 PM

With a weekly nut of nearly $800K, this show will need to run for 3 years in order to recoup. But it sure is doing well out of the gate...

Hmmm, I didn't know it was that high. Do you happen to know what its capitalization was?

On Your Feet Struggling?
 Dec 23 2015, 09:38:48 PM

This show is kicking ass at the box office. It will almost certainly recoup. 

Last Minute Trip to NYC - need recs
 Dec 23 2015, 08:54:36 PM

Someone in a Tree2 said: "Recommend:
THE KING AND I

THERESE RAQUIN

Disrecommend:

FIDDLER ON THE ROOF

KING CHARLES III

Couldn't disagree more. King Charles is probably one of the best plays on broadway in the past couple of years. 

Smokey Joe's Cafe Revival Coming
 Dec 23 2015, 08:28:06 PM

BroadwayConcierge said: "Wait, how are people not more blown away by someone locating a freaking SEC securities form that might foreshadow a Broadway revival? I am floored.

As much as I appreciate the praise, it really wasn't that hard. Was bored and simply searched Smokey Joe's Cafe Broadway Revival on google. 

You can also use this page to more quickly find such information about any company (broadway or not):

http://www.sec.gov/search/search.htm

Smokey Joe's Cafe Revival Coming
 Dec 23 2015, 10:04:03 AM

There's been rumblings of this happening for a while. But now it seems like there is finally some evidence that money is starting to be raised. 

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1660661/000166066115000001/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml

THE COLOR PURPLE Reviews
 Dec 22 2015, 07:23:18 PM

ACL2006 said: "the show seems to be selling out now. anyone know if they've been offering SRO??

According to their website, they do on sold out performances for $30. 

Favorite Plays Involving Mental Illness
 Dec 21 2015, 04:40:35 PM

tazber said: "The Elephant Man is not about mental illness.

Yes, Joseph Merrick did mostly suffer from a physical deformity, but it seemed to me there was also an element of mental illness there as well. But maybe I'm wrong.  

"

Favorite Plays Involving Mental Illness
 Dec 21 2015, 04:29:46 PM

I've always loved productions involving mental illness, and I wish there were more. Next to normal and Elephant Man were quite good. I also fondly remember a revival of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest 15 or so years ago. I never saw it though. There are so many theater adaptations from great movies that can be done. 

Anyway, what is your favorite?

Edit. Elephant Man does not involve any sort of mental illness. Strictly a physical d

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/20/15
 Dec 21 2015, 04:21:01 PM

Sauja said: "The grosses for Charles III and A View from the Bridge are really depressing. Both hovering around 50% of their potential gross with lots of empty seats in spite of nearly universal acclaim for both. They're also two of my favorites shows of the year, so I wish they were doing better. 

I agree completely, I just saw Charles III in part because of its universal praise. But I guess not as many look towards the critics/best of 2015 as I migh

Dec 21 2015, 03:59:10 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "How is AAIP grossing over a million dollars while only having a capacity of 65%?

Because the theater is large, and it has one of the highest average ticket prices. 

Dec 21 2015, 03:56:25 PM

At this point it looks like the logical choice for Allegiance is to close on January 4th. They must be loosing so much money every week which is unfortunate because I actually liked the show. 

Also, I agree the reviews must really be getting to China Doll, but it is still doing pretty well considering its exorbitant average ticket price. I know they must be paying Pacino a lot, but you would think they would still be making plenty of money even with the decrease. 

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
 Dec 13 2015, 10:21:07 PM

Israeli President Reuven Rivlin

PLAYBILL Covers of the 2015-2016 Season
 Dec 13 2015, 03:35:58 PM

I agree, I'm pretty disappointed with the Something Rotten cover. They turned a pretty good cover into a horrible one. And Allegiance looks great--perhaps even better than its original one. 

What is your favorite Broadway Theatre?
 Dec 2 2015, 10:42:26 PM

I should have also asked about your least theatre. Also, why Niel Simon?

What is your favorite Broadway Theatre?
 Dec 2 2015, 08:22:51 PM

Including Lincoln Center

Penn & Teller on Broadway
 Jul 13 2015, 01:07:27 AM

Huffington Post seems to be positive as well?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/steven-suskin/aisle-view-penn--teller-b_b_7781858.html

Doesn't Broadway World usually come out with an article summarizing all the reviews?

Hand to God Previews
 Apr 4 2015, 04:11:46 PM

Not sure if this show has a different policy, but usually, House Seats at the Booth are the front row of the mezzanine. So I would go for center Mezz for sure

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You