News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for elderchistery

Member Name: elderchistery
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What Went Wrong with the PHANTOM OF THE OPERA Film Adaptation?
 Dec 12 2016, 09:50:28 AM

I am not the biggest Phantom fan in the first place but the reason why I enjoyed the show so much more was mainly the element of mystery that was completely wiped out in the movie in the end you know exactly what goes on and instead of the phantom being hidden while he speaks to her you get to see him behind the door. That was my biggest reason but I also liked the sets in the musical more and the singing wasn't as good as I thought it could be. But I know many fans of the movie.

I'm Seeing
 Nov 11 2015, 08:13:43 AM

I really enjoyed Kinky Boots my first time watching it. The music is what won me over and it has a nice message and great leads. Overall I felt it wasn't really anything special but it was a fun uplifting night out and what more could you ask for.

Hedwig nail polish
 Oct 5 2015, 07:44:07 PM

I don't know a ton about the flea market. I knew it that it was in NYC a couple weeks ago. Is there any place where they would still be selling the left overs. I am traveling to New York next week so it'd be great if they were still around somewhere.

Hedwig nail polish
 Oct 5 2015, 03:29:28 PM

Does anyone know if the Hedwig collection of nail polish is still available somewhere, whether it be on ebay or on a website or in a store. I checked on the online Hedwig store where I read that it would be available and all of them are sold out. If any of you know anything it would be really helpful.

MISS SAIGON headed back to Broadway?
 Jun 26 2015, 01:40:42 PM

Really hope this happens but I think Miss Saigon is doing to well in London to close in the next year and with the successful Les Miserables revival I feel it would be a big tourist "cash cow" to have three of the biggest mega-musicals of the 80s on Broadway and West End at the same time.

Favorite Cast Recordings
 Jun 26 2015, 01:36:02 PM

RENT

Book of Mormon

Sweeney Todd

Little Shop of Horrors

American Idiot

Spring Awakening

Wicked 

Kinky Boots 

Next To Normal 

Miss Saigon

But i like so many :)

Is 39 Steps worth seeing?
 May 18 2015, 11:35:12 AM

I personally was bored and found the comedy to be of the stupidest sort and almost laughed because of how bad it was. This was my worst theatre experience but much of the audience was laughing but i just couldn't take it seriously or get into the story.

First show seen on broadway?
 May 18 2015, 09:06:27 AM

Beauty and The Beast (2007) 

Which shows did you really want to like, but...
 May 8 2015, 06:32:34 PM

Though there are many shows I've seen and strongly disliked the one that I really tried to like but couldn't was The Phantom of the Opera. I just thought it was going to be a lot darker and a bit more romantic but i just found myself waiting for something spectacular to come and it just didn't. I know must people wouldn't agree with me but it just did not live up to my expectations.

Dream Hedwigs
 Apr 22 2015, 09:52:26 AM

I love all of the ones that have done it so far but lets see... Adam Lambert, Aaron Tveit, and i would also like to see Jonathan Groff. But I'm very excited for Darren Criss!

Rent vs Hedwig
 Apr 21 2015, 01:32:58 PM

No, i love many shows. These two are very similar in style and theme and i've never heard them being talked about in the same conversation so i thought it would be interesting to see them being talked about in the same conversation about what other people thought about their weaknesses and strongpoints and which one for various people is more enjoyable. But there are so many other shows that have moved me or made me laugh.

Rent vs Hedwig
 Apr 21 2015, 01:32:55 PM

No, i love many shows. These two are very similar in style and theme and i've never heard them being talked about in the same conversation so i thought it would be interesting to see them being talked about in the same conversation about what other people thought about their weaknesses and strongpoints and which one for various people is more enjoyable. But there are so many other shows that have moved me or made me laugh. And i don't think that other people who have also been moved completel

Rent vs Hedwig
 Apr 21 2015, 12:18:06 PM

For those who have seen these two shows on Broadway, which one of these shows are stronger or more enjoyable. I think i enjoyed Rent a tad more because of the depth of its story and themes but i also love Hedwig because of the intimacy it has that makes you feel like you are in the story. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You