News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JerseyBoy25

Member Name: JerseyBoy25
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Best Broadway Quotes???
 Sep 27 2018, 01:30:14 PM

Of recent memory,

Jayne Houdyshell's "F*** you, Nora!" has been my new favorite.

LaChanze at the beginning of Summer "Oh, we just threw that together." My life motto recently.

But from past musicals

"Now you watch your mouth
Watch your mouth Miss Effie White
'Cause I don't take that tone from some second-rate diva
Who can't sustain"

I am not sure what you want former presidents to do
 Jun 12 2018, 10:19:12 PM

See, this presenter is the one area where I think the Tonys didn't do so well. All night long, the ceremony did an excellent job of keeping Trump's name out of the telecast, whereas other ceremonies this year (Emmys/Oscars) mentioned him before the first award was even handed out. The Tony producers realize that this telecast is not a ratings smash, and already struggles to get people to tune in other than the Broadway fans and people who want to see a specific show or winner dur

Original OOTI Question
 Jan 15 2018, 04:05:53 PM

So, I tried to search for this thread, and couldn't find one, so apologies if this already exists, but why was LaChanze nominated for best featured actress in a musical for the original production of Once On This Island when the character of Ti Moune is clearly the lead focus of the show? Did it have something to do with how the original production was staged? (I was born after the show came out so I can't attest) Does anyone think the same thing will happen this round with

DOLLS HOUSE PT. 2 Will Close 9/24
 Sep 9 2017, 01:06:55 PM

The thing that surprised me about the extension was the new cast. Let's think about it for a second: a Scott Rudin produced play on Broadway, with four wonderfully written roles by a fresh young voice in American Theatre, 4 top of their game actors to replace, 8 tony nominations, including all four roles/performers in the play (the iconic lead character role actually winning it), and a director many would chomp at the bit to work with. How could they not

What's Next for the Golden?
 Sep 6 2017, 08:26:06 AM

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Alison-Pill-Joins-Glenda-Jackson-and-Laurie-Metcalf-in-THREE-TALL-WOMEN-20170905

No Guts, No Glory Tony Nomination Predictions
 May 1 2017, 10:52:36 PM

5 nominees for Best Revival of a Play. Besides Jitney, Little Foxes and Six Degrees, most of the revivals this year have been very hit or miss with critics and audiences. I could there being 5 due to non consensus, with my picks being the three above, Present Laughter and The Price.

A DOLL'S HOUSE, PART 2 Reviews
 Apr 28 2017, 10:38:37 AM

After Eight, I don't think it's necessarily that the words you use don't have meaning, it's just you rarely use examples to back them up. If you explained why you thought it was self-indulgent, or actually mentioning actual aspects of the writing, direction, design or acting that you didn't like, people might be more willing to actually listen to the buzzwords. It's just a thought.

Really excited to see this play, I just wish they did more advertising with

Tony Awards Snafus?
 Feb 28 2017, 03:05:07 PM

So, in your opinion, has anything ever happened at the Tony Awards that matches or comes close to what happened at the Oscars on Sunday? I mean, naming the wrong musical as the winner at the end of the night is a bit extreme, but is there anything you can think of?

Heather Headley Vacation
 Aug 20 2016, 10:11:49 PM

I saw the show this afternoon and she was on. And she was magnificent. It was my first time seeing the show, and I thought it was stunning. Erivo is breathtaking, worthy of every bit of praise she has received this past year, and Brooks steals the show with comic gold at every turn.

Right Show, Wrong Theatre
 Aug 2 2016, 09:54:51 PM

So recently, I saw the revival of Fiddler on the Roof, and I thought it was absolutely magnificent. But what I was most taken by was how huge the Broadway Theatre is (I had been there twice before for Sister Act and Shrek, but had never paid that much attention to the theatre's size before this trip.) I thought back to that dreadful production of Dr. Zhivago from a while back. Obviously the reason why it closed was that people didn't buy enough tickets and it wasn't that grea

Broadway.com has additional Hamilton tickets for 2017
 Jul 8 2016, 09:13:08 PM

So I clicked on a random date over my college spring break, and there were a bunch of seats in row A of the mezzanine. This surprised me just at the popularity of the show. I don't necessarily have a problem with the cost, comparing it with the price of resales. I want to check the validity of this before I buy spend money buying a ticket and taking the trip to the city, only to find out the ticket is bogus or the seat is already filled (paranoid ticket buyer).

FUN HOME Will Close on September 10th
 Jun 22 2016, 09:13:35 PM

Really happy that I get to see this in two weeks. At least once before it closed. Cerveris is one of my favorite musical theatre actors. 

I wonder though if maybe this lost appeal because of "The Show That Must Not Be Named" immediately taking up all the limelight right after Fun Home hit its stride. Fun Home received some of the strongest reviews for a new musical in years, called one of the most groundbreaking musicals to hit Broadway, wins the Tony Awar

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
 May 13 2016, 08:29:34 AM

I just saw Eclipsed, which I thought was absolutely incredible, with a brilliant cast. And as I left, I had a possible thought. After Eclipsed closes, Saycon Sengbloh should replace Renee Elise Goldsberry as Angelica in Hamilton. I'm thinking back to her past broadway experiences, specifically in Motown and in Holler If Ya Hear me. She has the voice, she can rap, and another Tony Nominee would be joining the cast. 

If You Won the Powerball and Could Mount a Production on Broadway...
 Jan 26 2016, 03:40:33 PM

I have always thought that the Matrix movie would make an interesting musical. A techno funk/rock score, cool special effects. I'd finance that. But it would probably be like Ghost, cool effects but just an ok musical. Also, Silver Linings Playbook the Musical. I think it would be fun.

Broadway Shows that are rearly revived?
 Nov 29 2015, 07:00:36 PM

Something Rotten!

Scott Rudin Will Transfer The Humans
 Oct 27 2015, 03:10:57 PM

neonlightsxo said: "Third? Blackbird, this, what else? "

An Act of God from earlier in the season.

Scott Rudin Will Transfer The Humans
 Oct 27 2015, 03:05:53 PM

This will also be the 3rd show this season to be directed by Joe Mantello. He's got a busy spring ahead of him.

Hamilton - How Many Tonys Will It Bag
 Oct 19 2015, 04:42:36 PM

Honest question about Hamilton. When The Producers opened on Broadway, everyone hailed it as a major hit. But as time went on, it became more apparent that the success it had from the starting gate did have to do with the show, but even more about the quality of Matthew Broderick and Nathan Lane's performances, along with Brad Oscar, Cady Huffman, Gary Beach and Roger Bart. Simply put, they made that show what it was. As new cast members replaced each other in the show, it

Evita 2006/2012 Revival
 Oct 18 2015, 05:54:04 PM

I liked the revival, I didn't love it. I knew of the show, but it was the first production of Evita I've ever seen, so I can't compare it to the original. I thought Michael Cerveris was a revelation in a role that I often overlooked on the album. Michael Cerveris is an amazing actor, but when that role is what steals all the focus of the show, there might be an issue. Ricky Martin and Elena Roger I think did a good job, and weren't completely embarrassing,

A tony award question.
 Oct 17 2015, 06:40:01 PM

I also agree there should be an award for writers. Because some Broadway plays are great on paper, but through flawed design, direction or acting, something doesn't work. There are also some plays where the material is really great, and the other aspects of the production are better because of it. With every play, you have to start somewhere, and the place to start with is the words the writer has put on the page.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You