News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Perfectly Marvelous 2

Perfectly Marvelous 2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Perfectly Marvelous 2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Will Alan Cumming do Cabaret Again?
 Oct 14 2016, 08:03:09 PM

I heard he won't be doing it, too. I saw him this past go around and it was great to finally see him in the role but I can't imagine him doing it ever again - nor do I think he wants to. 

A while ago I saw a production in Cambridge, MA that was the 1998 revival but a little bit re-imagined (if memory serves correct). I've often thought about what it would be like if it were done in a modern setting but quite honestly I don't know if that would work or how it could

Seth Meyers talks about the screaming woman at Dr. Zhivago
 Mar 31 2015, 02:41:19 AM
It is pretty sad. I hope that lady gets some help. She reminds me of my grandma when she was in the early stages of dementia. It is unfortunate that it isn't an uncommon thing.
Cabaret Closing Show
 Mar 30 2015, 09:08:01 AM
Like VintageSnarker, I knew the show very well before going in. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to see the 1998 revival (I was a bit too young) and wasn't able to see it as it ran into the 2000s (for personal matters) but it's always been one of my mother's favorite shows. I was blessed to work as a stage hand on an excellent regional production several years ago, and since then it's taken up residence as my number one favorite musical. I enjoyed the most recent revival despite knowing every line a
Sienna Miller in Cabaret
 Mar 15 2015, 12:09:07 PM
Thank you! I thought it began with an A, but it had been a while. But yes, she was great! Though the more I look back on yesterday, the more I've begun to realize that Sienna's Sally is a bit more pragmatic (and if I can recall, Ally was as well).
Sienna Miller in Cabaret
 Mar 15 2015, 01:22:56 AM
For what it's worth, I thought she did a good job (I saw her at the 2 pm matinee on Saturday). I typically don't feel sorry for the character of Sally Bowles, but Sienna managed to make me have a twinge of compassion for her at the end. Sally isn't an easy person to portray and it's difficult to form a bond with her as a person, though that's kind of the appeal of her (at least I think so). Overall, it's a solid production. I've seen it performed many ways and was fortunate enough to work backst
Sienna Miller in Cabaret
 Feb 19 2015, 01:46:49 AM
My mom and I are hoping to see her on March 14th, we wanted to go when Emma was still there but because of our schedules being hectic, it wasn't possible. I'm glad to hear she's finding her bearings. I've read Isherwood's book, so to know she's portraying Sally true to that makes me happy. I only know her from a few things, and my parents loved her in American Sniper (for what it's worth, I guess she was good in it, that movie isn't my cup of tea).
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You