News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Sorry-Grateful

Sorry-Grateful Profile Photo
Member Name: Sorry-Grateful
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hello Dolly Rush  Aug 6 2018, 03:49:11 PM

Thanks for the heads up. All the rush info sites say there's a rush ticket for $39. Rats.

Hello Dolly Rush  Aug 6 2018, 02:17:21 PM

I'm going rush Dolly tomorrow, but I'm not interested in SRO. What's the rush line look like during the week? If I got there at 9am, will I be at risk of not getting rush tix?

Lottery Fraud Safeguards  Mar 27 2018, 02:00:14 PM

I noticed today that the Hamilton lottery states that entries from "disposable email addresses will be discarded."

This feels like a bluff unless there is some way that a third-party like the lotto software has access to when email addresses were created and/or how often they are used. How would the software that runs the lottery be able to determine which emails are disposable and which are not? How would they be able to ascertain the difference between a rarely-use

Worst cast albums  Nov 26 2017, 07:47:30 PM

LaChiusa's Little Fish. Alice Ripley at her most uninteresting. The slow, monotone slog of the score is hampered by Ripley's rasp-singing. 

TABOO - Marketing  Sep 27 2017, 11:56:27 AM

You should watch the documentary ShowBusiness: The Road to Broadway. It follows Taboo from rehearsal to opening and there's interviews with the creatives who talk about stuff like their marketing strategy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ShowBusiness:_The_Road_to_Broadway

BCEFA FLEA MARKET COLLECTORS UNITE!!  Sep 27 2017, 11:43:46 AM

Marianne2 said: "Something that just occurred to me to those complaining and claiming people buying multiple copies of Playbills just to sell. Maybe there were some people doing that, but some people make artwork with them. Like I bought something from a vendor at Broadwaycon in 2016 that involved Playbills. And the Broadway Green Alliance was selling flowers made out of them. So, maybe people should think before judging people for multiple purchases of same thing. Besides, if they g

BCEFA FLEA MARKET COLLECTORS UNITE!!  Sep 26 2017, 11:51:17 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "I think you underestimate those burly men's reasoning for buying Playbills. Burly men are some of the biggest theater queens alive and Playbills don't sell for anything at all hardly."

As a queen myself, I can say these were no mere theater lovers. And unfortunately there is a market for Playbills. Sought after shows, especially ones that closed early or had a key cast member leave early in the run, can sell for alot.

The

BCEFA FLEA MARKET COLLECTORS UNITE!!  Sep 25 2017, 05:39:17 PM

I honestly don't mind the sobbing teen girls (although you are right, they always seem to treat the most common Playbills like the Holy Grail), but I could do without the burly, Cassio watch-wearing, adult men buying up like 12 copies of Tarzan the Musical to re-sell on Amazon and eBay.

BCEFA FLEA MARKET COLLECTORS UNITE!!  Sep 25 2017, 04:35:17 PM

The most frustrating thing about Flea this year was the amount of people who were obviously, even blatantly, buying up Playbills to re-sell. I watched a grown ass man in his late 40's/early 50's with all the hallmarks of  a re-seller (huge pile of Playbills for purchase, picking multiples of everything, distinct lack of joy or humanity) find three identical copies of Newsies early in the morning. A teen girl also looking through the Playbill boxes screamed, said "I

Miss saigon rush/ tkts  Aug 10 2017, 05:22:04 PM

Any update on how many people are showing up for rush? Would an hour before box office open ensure tickets?

Great Comet Rush  May 17 2017, 08:41:53 PM

I'm thinking about rushing this Saturday for the evening show. Now that Tony noms are out, what is the typical amount of tickets given out for rush? If I showed up and was 20th in line, what would be my approximate odds that I would get a ticket?

Should WICKED Have Won Best Musical Over AVENUE Q?  Dec 9 2016, 03:21:49 PM

Of all the shows nominated that year, Caroline, or Change deserved to win. It was the most well crafted musical of the bunch. If the Tony's are about awarding excellence in theater (they are not), Caroline is the clear winner.

That being said, I prefer Wicked to Avenue Q any day of the week. Avenue Q's jokes are stale after any repeat viewing, and so much of the show is based on the most yawn-worthy cliches (closeted gay man loves his roommate LOLOLOL, so new and fresh). It mistakes po

Dear Evan Hansen/Music Box Seating  Dec 5 2016, 01:54:14 PM

Have they released a rush/lotto policy yet? I've been looking online for a week and haven't found any reference to one. 

Is Great Comet dead Tonys-wise?  Nov 3 2016, 01:33:58 PM

Sure, I can understand his penchant for gossip (as he is a gossip columnist). What I can't understand is his glee in destruction, his desire to watch it all burn down to bask in the blaze. Perhaps this is a ridiculous statement, but I'll make it anyway: There are better ways to gossip. 

Is Great Comet dead Tonys-wise?  Nov 3 2016, 12:23:31 PM

The thing about Riedel that's always left a bad taste in my mouth is the glee with which he wants to see shows fail (and fail spectacularly) well before the show has even opened. If a show is bad, write a bad review. But Riedel will attach himself to a show in development that he finds particularly offensive, or opposed to his sensibilities, or produced by someone he has a beef with, or with a good enough chance of being popular that he can milk his contrarian dislike for drama and page v

Riedel on The Great Comet off stage battle - PART 2  Oct 28 2016, 03:40:06 PM

What does Kagan lose by giving Ars Nova their "created by" credit? Certainly not any percentage of the show's earnings, as that has already been guaranteed and locked in by contracts. I am trying but I cannot see what Kagan possibly gains by drawing the line in the sand over such a small issue.

The New Broadway Merchandise Trade Thread  Oct 27 2016, 12:39:52 PM

Lottery Ticket Past-Date Question  Oct 14 2016, 02:18:38 PM

Theater3232 said: "It is not reasonable to expect someone to leave home 3 hours early just in the "off chance" there is a severe delay (that happens just a couple of times per year)."

It IS reasonable for theaters to put policies in place that prioritize the needs of audience members already in the theater over those arriving late. It doesn't matter the reason you show up late. It can be entirely out of your ha

Lottery Ticket Past-Date Question  Oct 14 2016, 10:46:08 AM

I have no sympathy at all for people who show up late to a theater and aren't immediately allowed to go into the house. It happens sometimes--anyone who sees theater regularly has shown up late to a theater at least once--but the priority of the front of house staff needs to always be on the audience members already seated inside the theater. When you have to climb over several people to reach that center orchestra seat, you affect several dozen people around you. You block the view to th

Worst Marketing you've seen.  Sep 28 2016, 05:24:45 PM

The marketing material for A Tale of Two Cities ...the Musical looked like someone made it quickly in Microsoft Paint. Every bit of promotional material for that show telegraphed that it was boring, plain, and uninteresting.

Image result for tale of two cities musical

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You