News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Gage2

Member Name: Gage2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Love Never Dies...on tour
 Jan 7 2017, 02:26:23 AM

http://m.chron.com/entertainment/arts-theater/article/Hamilton-Gloria-Estefan-and-Jimmy-Buffett-bring-10839249.php

Announcement that LND will be coming to Houston in 2018 on tour. As far as I can tell, this is the first announcement of a Love Never Dies tour. Did anyone see this coming, or am I just oblivious?

The Next Hedwig?
 Aug 18 2015, 04:47:49 PM

"The show has consistently released casting information a little under two months before each new Hedwig's debut. I will be shocked if news doesn't come out this week. "

One of the Hedwig techs texted me that he thinks the announcement will be sometime this week.

Idina Menzel World Tour
 Aug 18 2015, 01:03:38 AM

I attended the Seattle show at the Paramount theatre, one of her smaller tour stops (2,800 people approx).

I tried stage dooring before sound check even started, and she used an alternate entry to get inside the venue. Thankfully her production manager was sympathetic to my cause and took my 2 playbills up to her dressing room to be signed. These were the only autographs she signed that night, so I was very happy.

Concert review: outstanding vocals, both amusing

The Next Hedwig?
 Aug 18 2015, 12:43:24 AM

"gage-it's "ulterior" motives."

For some reason I'm getting the impression that he isn't too interested in the female variety....

The Next Hedwig?
 Aug 18 2015, 12:40:52 AM

This exchange I did not personally witness. However, the source is beyond reliable. 

That quote was his response to her asking "will you come back", so I couldn't imagine he was only referring to acting in general.

Does that answer the question?

The Next Hedwig?
 Aug 17 2015, 08:58:17 PM

JCM will be spending time filming and editing his movie for the forseeable future. Considering that he'll be expected to do a promotional tour prior to the film's release, I can't imagine him returning for at least a year, and probably longer.

But the patience will CERTAINLY be worth it!

Darren Criss in Hedwig
 Aug 17 2015, 08:51:50 PM

I wish...anything would be better than our current situation.

Unfortunately for your theory, each time an actor is switched, they have several tech rehearsals to fine-tune the in ear monitors and set vocal levels on the main mixer. It would be more cost-effective to just skip a performance

The Next Hedwig?
 Aug 17 2015, 08:45:33 PM

I'm an aquaintace of Liz, and she (at least for now) will tell you that she was working with Laverne "just for the fun of singing" and without any alterior motives. 

I trust her. She's not just the Hedwig voice coach, she does half of broadway, and quite a few Hollywood stars as well. But only time will tell....

The Next Hedwig?
 Aug 17 2015, 08:41:03 PM

I was backstage on Andrew's second performance in the role, and I can confirm one of the producers talking about how NPH wanted to reprise his role when the show closed. 

Then again, things change.

Desperately hoping that we get the casting back on track again. This show deserves as long of a run as possible.

JCM also whispered "Trust me, I'll be back, I caught the bug" to a girl at the stage door on his final performance.

Hedwig to Tour
 Mar 5 2015, 08:20:51 PM
"We have plans for our production of Hedwig to spread nationally, and to Europe, Asia and Australia, so it’s very exciting. As far as touring goes, now that I’ve done it and opened it up again, I would never say never. "
-john cameron mitchell

Lena Hall To Depart Hedwig
 Feb 28 2015, 12:15:36 AM
Stephen on twitter thought that the idea of him as Yitz was "pretty enticing...I know I'd make a believable dude"

I also still bet that he will join the band for a temporary engagement somewhere down the line.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You