News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Emma MK

Emma MK Profile Photo
Member Name: Emma MK
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Groundhog Day 2nd row  May 2 2017, 03:08:10 PM

Saw it from the front row last week, 2 seats off the aisle on the far left and the view was fine. I really enjoyed sitting so close and seeing all of Andy's brilliant expressions which i couldnt see when i was sat further back/higher up when i saw it in London. Only thing is if you were any further left than where i was sat you couldnt really see inside the bedroom set, so avoid the last 2 seats on the row.

How many of the now Tony Nominated shows will you see before the show?  May 2 2017, 03:03:07 PM

I've seen:

Miss Saigon
Natasha, Pierre & the Great Comet of 1812
Groundhog Day
Falsettos
Present Laughter
The Front Page
Holiday Inn
The Present
The Price
Anastasia
Bandstand
Dear Evan Hansen
Come From Away

Im missing a lot of the plays, which i likely wont see now as im from the UK and can only afford so many trips to NY a year (may have just come back from my 3rd trip th

Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery  Apr 19 2017, 08:08:46 AM

There's only 12 people in line right now, which isn't bad for a 2 show day. Most didn't start arriving until just before 7.

Bandstand Rush Reports  Apr 17 2017, 09:30:53 AM

There's about 20 people in line this morning, most arrived after 8:30am.

Edit - I was first in line and got row M in the orchestra on the extreme left.

Andy Karl tonight  Apr 14 2017, 11:51:11 PM

Was planning to rush the show this week having seen it twice in London. Hopefully he'll be back soon before I head home!

Thursday Matinees  Mar 21 2017, 03:22:14 PM

_IrisTInkerbell said: "
Does London really do different schedules?."

Nope, only difference, like you said is the Sunday/Monday thing. Not sure what the person who said 'If you want to see a matinee on a variety of days in the week, go to London' meant because we generally have Wednesday and Saturday matinees the same as NY.

Rush reports for The Front Page  Jan 18 2017, 07:45:03 PM

I got here today at 11:30 and got a rush ticket for the evening. Am sat in my seat (G18 orchestra house right) and it doesn't seem too bad though the curtain is yet to go up so I'm not sure what my view of the set will be like.

re: 'Angels in America' revival?  Jan 17 2017, 04:38:56 AM

Typically I'm on holiday in NYC when the tickets for this (and yesterday's Hamilton tickets) went on sale (I'm advance member of the NT) and I had to get up at 3:30am to secure tickets lol I could only afford the cheap seats so ended up seeing it at the end of the run but I can't wait! I saw it here in 2010 with Zachary Quinto and Christian Borle but only got to see part one so I can't wait to be able to see the second part!

Hamilton in London  Jan 17 2017, 04:32:05 AM

I found it really simple and easy to use! Managed to get a seat for December and then went back in and got another for May. Am sat in the grand circle but could only afford cheap seats anyway so I'm just glad I'm going :)

on a side note, I didn't think I would get any tickets as I'm currently on holiday in NYC and my hostel wifi was blocking the ticket page to begin with as it said it contained Norwegian and Portuguese p*rn XD

American Psycho  Jan 5 2017, 01:45:52 PM

I was so sad that it closed early as i had planned to see it on my trip to NYC but it closed right before i arrived I saw it 5 times in London and had been really looking forward to seeing what they had done with it during the transfer. I really hope it returns to London!

Handicapping 2016/2017 Best Musical  Dec 4 2016, 02:05:58 PM

I hope that Come From Away gets a nomination as it was a fantastic roller-coaster of a show, one minute i was laughing the next i was crying, i adored it so much! Out of those listed ive only seen Come From Away and Groundhog Day and i can see them both getting nominations. Groundhog Day was so good that i had  to see it again a week later just because i needed to see it more, but sadly i saw it at the end of the run and only got to see it twice however i have 2 friends who saw it 4 time

Othello NYTW Previews  Dec 3 2016, 04:53:31 AM

Any info on the cancellation line?

Plays and musicals you missed  Oct 17 2016, 08:00:07 AM

I wish I had been able to see Doctor Zhivago, but I had tickets for 3 days after it closed and we didn't arrive in NY until the day after it closed and we couldn't really change our international flights. The same thing happened with American Psycho but at least I got to see that in London. Also missed Tuck and Disaster and it seemed likeeverything was closing just before I arrived in NY as everything I had planned to see was closed when I arrived

Hamilton Cancellation Line  Oct 6 2016, 07:21:54 AM

I walked passed the theatre yesterday morning and there was 4 people in line at 9am, though I'm not sure what time they got there or if there was others off somewhere.

Broadway tips for people used to the west end  Sep 23 2016, 02:30:58 PM

I think the cancellation line for Hamilton is only a couple of hours long now, so that could be possible. Ive flown from London twice to see it and both times i did the cancellation line and its totally worth it!

Something Rotten is brilliant but i think its going to transfer eventually so maybe not that.

Im about to fly to DC next week for 4 days followed by 12 days in NY (my 3rd time this year lol) so if i remember i will post here to let you know which were the

GROUNDHOG DAY to Take the August Wilson, Spring 2017  Sep 14 2016, 02:45:43 PM

neonlightsxo said: "Yes, I saw it. I did not like it. I do not think it's good. I also have several friends who saw it separately and felt the same way."

I saw GHD last weekend and will be queueing up again this weekend for returns with 2 of my friends, both of whom will be seeing it for the 4th time (i know them through different friend groups but they met for the first time in the returns queue for GHD last weekend and both had chosen individually

Groundhog Day -- Spring 2017?  Sep 12 2016, 04:33:56 PM

I saw GHD on Saturday for the first time and im terribly sad that i didnt book tickets earlier in the run as i adored it and will be going back on Saturday to queue for day tickets along with 2 friends who have already seen it 3 times. Andy was perfect as Phil and the set was absolutely stunning! The songs to me were really quite catchy and though i couldnt remember words i have been humming the tunes since seeing it. I think it would do pretty well on Broadway, though my opinion doesnt count

Hamilton Cancellation Line  Sep 11 2016, 06:09:27 AM

Huss417 said: "Thanks for the info @Susanbs. It does mean then that the premium seat price of $549.00 did drop right before the show to the $199.00 that you paid. I have been trying to figure out if it has happened."

G102 is not a premium seat but a house seat, which are sold to the cancellation line if no celebrities/friends/family of the cast take them, for $199. They are not $549 seats that have dropped in price. I sat in G103 last time i w

James Corden - general perceptions?  Jul 22 2016, 05:07:02 PM

darquegk said: "I don't know how much it connects, but Corden played a single father in a faux gay couple with Matt Smith's Eleventh Doctor on "Doctor Who," and the Doctor is canonically "flexible" about those things. Given how big of a space "Doctor Who" took up in pop culture, maybe some of his character, combined with his British bloke personality, gave people the wrong idea."

Not sure what episode you were watching but that w

Your First Broadway Show  Jul 18 2016, 02:57:49 PM

My first Broadway show was West Side Story, 17th December 2010 at the Palace Theatre. It was my 21st birthday and i wanted to see a show and that was the cheapest we could find at such short notice. All i remember is that we had nosebleed seats and that i really enjoyed it. It was my first trip to NY (im from the UK) and since then ive been back 6 times, 5 of those in the last 18 months!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You