News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for timisimaginary

Member Name: timisimaginary
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Darren Criss to lead Hedwig tour
 May 10 2016, 05:33:18 PM

Dallas Theatre Fan said: "Call_me_jorge said: "They would need a larger name for the redder states.

It looks like the tour is staying in mainly blue states/cities, the only stops they are making in red states are Dallas Texas and two cities in North Carolina.  Dallas is pretty blue now so I'm pretty sure it will sell now, not sure about the Charlotte or Durham stops though.  

they're playing in NC? oh my, which bat

Miley Cyrus was in talks to play Hedwig!
 Aug 31 2015, 03:49:56 PM

jbroadway4 said: "I think she could have made a great Yitzhak, not Hedwig. I'd love to see her on Broadway one day!

"

if she played Hedwig, they could've let her tongue play Yitzhak.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/30/15
 Aug 31 2015, 03:29:49 PM

as FindingNamo would say, "never underestimate American racism"

Miley Cyrus was in talks to play Hedwig!
 Aug 31 2015, 02:12:13 PM

wow. talk about dodging a bullet.

Hedwig questions
 Aug 28 2015, 01:08:53 AM

if you thought the Darren fans were annoying...

seriously, i don't know how annoying the Darren fans really were or weren't during his run. but i have no doubt that seeing Hedwig in a theater full of One Direction fans would be a fairly torturous experience.

What is next for Hedwig?
 Aug 19 2015, 10:42:25 AM

she'll return to University where she will deliver a brilliant lecture on the aggressive influence of German philosophy on Canadian children's television shows entitled "You, Kant, Do That On Television"

Will Hedwig close?
 Aug 19 2015, 10:36:32 AM

asking a question is "telling you so"?

Hedwig closing Sept. 13
 Aug 19 2015, 10:34:07 AM

auf wiedersehen, Hedwig.

now go and spend my money well.

Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig
 Aug 18 2015, 11:25:05 PM

i guess he better hurry up and settle into the role already.

Aug 13 2015, 09:56:34 AM

""If years from now someone asked me who the first Asian Hedwig was I would tell them Darren Criss."

It's good that you have that chestnut planned and ready to go, although the situation where anyone would ask you that is somewhat elusive.

"

i'm not sure who the first Asian Hedwig was, but the show has been done in Korea and Japan for years, so i'm pretty sure it's not Darren Criss. he might be the first Asian Broadway or NYC Hedwig though.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/9/15
 Aug 11 2015, 10:49:01 AM

"SDV,

First of all, as I pretty much said, it's a hunch. But it makes sense to me. Going back is in the great tradition of the theatre. JCM went back to Hedwig (twice), Alan Cumming went back to Cabaret, Channing's Dolly, Brynner's King, Guilgud's Hamlet, etc etc etc. It is not viewed as "going backward." Hedwig is one of the great roles in musical theatre; once it gets in your blood it never leaves. Some silly TV show

Applause Before
 Jul 27 2015, 10:14:09 AM

i've seen it 8 times and the only time there was significant or noticeable applause after WLTR was JCM's final performance. but he was getting standing O's after practically every song that night, so that was an aberration. i was really impressed the first time i saw the show and everyone remained quiet during that part. it absolutely enhances the moment and makes it feel more intimate.

Jul 22 2015, 03:39:55 PM

so is taye sticking to the blonde look? or are they mixing in any darker colored wigs? also, is that a picture of you in one of taye's wigs, or one of JCM's? up til now, JCM has been the only one to sport the no-bangs version.

Darren Criss in Hedwig
 Jul 1 2015, 12:58:30 PM

well, Long Grift is the song they're working on when they talk about love and Tommy has his Eve and the Apple speech, so it is in the film still, in that small way.

Jul 1 2015, 10:56:03 AM

http://www.broadway.com/videos/156216/video-taye-diggs-on-his-glittery-broadway-comeback-lipstick-shopping-being-the-first-chocolate-hedwig/#play

Darren Criss in Hedwig
 Jul 1 2015, 10:54:41 AM

" BTW, I don't think Taye Diggs, the next Hedwig, looks like a female, probably to the relief of his little son, Walker.
Audrey"

http://www.broadway.com/videos/156216/video-taye-diggs-on-his-glittery-broadway-comeback-lipstick-shopping-being-the-first-chocolate-hedwig/#play

this should answer any worries you have about his son.

"and I REALLY didn't get the story."

we can see that.

Darren Criss in Hedwig
 Jun 25 2015, 10:39:30 AM

"So, I found this post on Tumblr of how badly Darren Criss treats some of the audience members. What do you guys think?

http://whatdidjesusdowithabainenglish.tumblr.com/post/122414357252/jaketheescapologist-fyiklainesucks"

the first thing i think is "this was already posted about 5 posts earlier"

the second thing i think is it makes me respect DC even more. i haven't seen him in the show, but i can't comprehend anybody going to the show, sitting in the front row, and then just sitting there and shaking their heads "no" during the lift up your hands section. why did you go then? and if they were as annoying as has been said, and taking pictures all through the show, then i wish he WOULD have broken their phone. people like that who ruin the show not just for the performers but also for everyone sitting around them deserve it.

Darren Criss in Hedwig
 Jun 23 2015, 02:17:36 PM

"LOL. Did Darren Criss really shame an audience member into not lifting up their hands? http://darrenishedwig.tumblr.com/post/122127149594/darren-criss-takes-a-phone-from-an-audience-member "

hah! good for him. that's definitely a hedwig thing to do.

Darren Criss in Hedwig
 May 28 2015, 12:19:11 PM

i thought NPH sounded fine when i saw him in the show, but the official cast recording he sang on is borderline unlistenable in places.

May 18 2015, 11:01:31 PM

i see this casting, and any effect it has at challenging people's ideas about who or what hedwig can or can't be, as a positive. hedwig should be all about challenging preconceptions. it's such an inclusive story and inclusive role that it feels odd to me to try to restrict it to a specific sex, race, age, body type, sexual orientation, or other category. i have full confidence in the production to be able to adapt the story to whoever is cast in the part, provided they have the talent to pul

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You