News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Actriz2

Member Name: Actriz2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Encores! A New Brain to get recording!  Oct 19 2015, 03:42:34 PM

Exciting! Hoping Little Shop and Wild Party (just for Pasquale's performance) get one too.

Recent Musical Theater Songs that Could Become Standards  Sep 29 2015, 01:19:06 PM

Any songs from recent new musicals that you think could become standards and go on to be recorded by numerous different artists/performers?

It's been discussed to death, but who will be Broadway's next Mama Rose?  Sep 25 2015, 11:05:25 AM

Lin-Manuel Miranda

Musical Moments You Will Always Remember  Sep 21 2015, 01:04:13 PM

Michael Cerveris in Fun Home, standing in the lights, during the final moments of "Edges of the World."

An image that will never, ever escape from my brain.

Audra McDonald will be out of Shuffle Along for almost the ENTIRE summer  Sep 12 2015, 11:08:05 PM

If somebody exceptional fills in for her, I may damn well see the show twice.

But who could it be? LaChanze? Tonya Pinkins?

Underused Audition Material  Sep 7 2015, 10:02:25 PM

Sing the entire Soliloquy from Carousel.

Even if they try to stop you.

Just keep going.

Best Musical Theater Songs About Unrequited Love  Aug 28 2015, 10:48:27 PM

Hi all,

I'm doing a piece on the portrayal of romance in musical theater and would love to hear some opinions on what the best musical theater songs about unrequited love are.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Way too early 2016 Tony predictions  Aug 27 2015, 11:28:28 AM

Definitely agreed re Diggs, especially in Act 2. I'm also hoping for a Christopher Jackson nomination.

As for Soo, her role has the impact of a lead role but she does not have the consistent presence in the show that Mueller, Benanti, Erivo and I'm assuming Salonga and McDonald have. There is no way she would win. Soo being in featured would be the best case scenario for everybody: Soo gets to start her career off as a Tony winner and Hamilton gets to add another award

Way too early 2016 Tony predictions  Aug 26 2015, 09:50:28 PM

I really, really hope that Phillipa Soo and Leslie Odom, Jr. are not put in the lead categories. Both can easily win in featured, but I can't see them taking down the upcoming competition (on paper) in lead.

Random Number Generation  Aug 25 2015, 04:42:56 PM

I unfortunately missed the original production of Hedwig, and was hoping somebody could tell me where "Random Number Generation" fit into the show and what the context of the song is.

I really like the song and wish there was a recording of Lena Hall singing it.

What is next for Hedwig?  Aug 18 2015, 11:14:32 PM

Hedwig plays every character in a massive Bartlett Sher-directed musical version of Inception.

What is next for Hedwig?  Aug 18 2015, 11:09:51 PM

Would love to see a one woman show in which Hedwig plays Frances McDormand

Hedwig closing Sept. 13  Aug 18 2015, 10:18:04 PM

How great would it be if they got John to do the last show and had it filmed professionally? I'm sure it would certainly sell brilliantly to current and future fans of the show.

Judy Kuhn  Aug 17 2015, 06:33:25 PM

Kuhn is divine. I'd love to see her take a stab at some of the Lloyd Webber ladies, mainly Norma Desmond and Grizabella (and I'm not particularly an ALW fan, just seems like her voice is perfect for those roles).

Hedwig - Movie and Show!  Aug 15 2015, 08:32:05 PM

To put it simply:

The film sets very high expectations for the stage show, and the stage show meets them 110%.

The Next Hedwig?  Aug 11 2015, 10:01:07 PM

I've heard that they're talking to John Mayer's people.

But then again, aren't we all?

When does She Loves Me Close?  Aug 9 2015, 09:40:47 PM

I would imagine Roundabout has an extension in mind. When was the last time they didn't extend one of their musicals at least once?

Shuffle along casting  Aug 9 2015, 09:38:39 PM

With the Hamilton men and now Stokes, Porter, Henry and Dixon, could the Featured Actor in a Musical category potentially be 100% black?

Dream Cast Meryl Streep  Aug 7 2015, 10:22:35 PM

Hedwig.

WAITRESS at A.R.T. Thread not Theard  Aug 3 2015, 09:58:07 PM

"Really wanting to see this. Is it even doable to go up there for a matinee and back down to NYC in one day? Is it easy to take a bus to or can anyone expound on that? "

It is doable if you are okay with leaving early in the morning and getting back late at night. Bus or train will both take around 4.5-5 hours, but with a bus you risk sitting in traffic. A train will cost a few extra $$ but will all but guarantee a timely arrival (barring sign

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You