News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CoverYou

CoverYou Profile Photo
Member Name: CoverYou
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Redrum Shining parody at 54 Below last night with Ripley & Kudisch
 Nov 1 2016, 12:15:58 PM

I was able to get into the a reading of Redrum about a year ago and fell in love with this show. Last night they did a concert performance it at 54 Below on Halloween and all I can say is how is this not in a theater off broadway right now?

I'm obsessed with this show. It just makes me think of how I felt the first time I saw Book Of Mormon or Avenue Q. It's a musical parody of The Shining, but it's so much more than that. Last time I saw it Douglas Sills played J

Redrum with Alice Ripley & Douglas Sills
 Oct 13 2016, 05:30:37 PM

Thanks for posting about this gleek4114! I just got my tickets. The reading I attended had Douglas Sills instead of Marc Kudisch  playing Jack and Elle McLemore as Danny instead of Remy Zaken, but Kudisch was the original Jack in the video for this so this should be awesome. Can't wait to see Alice Ripley sing with Andre Ward again!

HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
 Mar 17 2015, 10:15:16 AM
If the criticism of the show and it's content were the focus I would have no issues with Honeymoon getting it's lumps. But it honestly feels like a pack of wolves trying to rip apart a carcass here. The story isn't the show and what works and what doesn't. It's the box office. I really hate that kind of stuff.

I've seen it. It's a decent show and has it's moments. Danza, however, was a misstep. I've never been a huge fan of his or anything he's done. He even annoyed me on Taxi reruns I

Hand to God Previews
 Mar 17 2015, 10:07:28 AM
I also left completely underwhelmed and I'm wondering what show everyone else is talking about on here. Boyer does a great one man show. It actually should be a one man show. But I felt like I've seen this dirty puppet stuff before with Avenue Q. The heavier stuff falls flat and the religious pastor stuff just didn't connect with me. We get it, the church is hypocritical. It's not like this is Doubt. It's not shedding real light on anything. It's not a bad show. It's entertaining to an extent.
Jason Robert Brown is Working on a Musical Adaptation of A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN!
 Mar 15 2015, 12:01:40 PM
I also think him jumping into another movie adaptation feels odd here. It's starting to feel almost soulless to me. Like he's movie musical adaptation machine. That said, I think we're unfairly judging him because of some of his earlier original work. I always wonder how many original shows these guys have in them.

I do think out of Vegas, Bridges and League of their own, League has the most commercial broad feel to it. It was a very successful film at the time and it's on cable all th

Movie Musicals - Improvement?
 Mar 15 2015, 11:50:15 AM
I think a lot of musicals bettered the movies;

Hairspray
The Lion King
Little Shop of Horrors
Newsies
The Producers
Tommy (for sure)

Mar 15 2015, 11:44:08 AM
I'm not sure where they are aiming. The writer/director really didn't elaborate on what the next step was other than it being a 29 hour reading that we were seeing. I congratulated him afterwards but he was talking with friends in the lobby so I didn't want to press him for info.

My take? I think it has an off broadway spirit but feels like a real broadway show. It's more Little Shop than Silence or the 50 shades parody. I thought it was going to be a gag musical. It's definitely not t

Broadway Shows That Need a Revival
 Mar 14 2015, 01:28:57 PM
I do feel like shows like Rent, A Chorus Line, Little Shop should always be playing on Broadway. I know it's not profitable, but there should be a revival house that rotates the classic shows throughout the year with Broadway caliber casts.
HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
 Mar 14 2015, 01:25:43 PM
Probably the same producers who thought Bridges of Madison County would make a great musical. The music was beautiful, but who the Hell wants to see that?
Favorite FINALE in Musicals
 Mar 14 2015, 01:16:02 PM
Hairspray hands down.
Bombshell Benefit Concert
 Mar 14 2015, 01:14:47 PM
That's what I'm hearing. It still should be a cool night. I hated the Hit List stuff, but the Bombshell stuff was exciting.
Sondheim and Lady Gaga
 Mar 14 2015, 01:07:29 PM
I thought she did a really fine job and don't understand him feeling compelled to belittle her performance.
 Mar 14 2015, 01:05:46 PM
About a week and a half ago I was invited to a reading of a musical parody of the Shining called Redrum. I'm honestly tired with the whole musical parody thing but I cannot get this show out of my head. It was in a little theater in the East Village where they do that Saved By the Bell musical. I seriously thought it was going to be awful but went because I love Alice Ripley and knew she was playing Wendy. Going in I kind of felt bad for Alice having to do something like this. She should be doin
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You