News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Thoroughbred

Member Name: Thoroughbred
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced  Dec 1 2016, 03:31:28 PM

Hmm. You guys are making me debate spending a few hellish hours on the 401 to go see this!

Best stage door story  Dec 1 2016, 03:18:57 PM

I saw Hedwig in March 2014 with JCM. It was fairly cold out, and he did his usual - coming out and passing out pre-signed Sugar Daddy candies. I had an arm in a sling, so couldn't get close. Another fan grabbed one for me, and then the crowd started to disperse. I was standing on the sidewalk outside the restaurant beside the Belasco, deciding where to go (as I had to wait for a friend's show to finish up). As I was standing there, John walked past me, stopped, and said "wou

Groundhog Day Starts Today  Jul 31 2016, 06:21:13 AM

I saw it yesterday, and quite loved it. I didn't know what to expect, as I'm not familiar with Tim Minchin's work, nor have I seen the film.

Andy Karl was phenomenal. As someone else said, he does a wonderful job of showing the changes Phil goes through during the course of the show. 

Overall, a lot of fun. I was laughing out loud at some parts, and then it would turn 180 degrees to something very dark. I hope it does make it to Broadway!

Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton  Jun 21 2016, 02:07:09 PM

TM is now "unable to process my request", and the app can't even find Hamilton in the search. Oh well. 

Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton  Jun 21 2016, 12:22:42 PM

I was just kicked out back to the seat map for the second time. 

Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton  Jun 21 2016, 11:51:02 AM

Had the same issue - waited, then it brought me back to the seat map. Attempting to reselect the seats.

Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton  Jun 21 2016, 11:44:30 AM

Wait time just dropped from 45 to 14 minutes - hopefully a good sign!

Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton  Jun 21 2016, 11:35:45 AM

Mine has never wavered from 45. 

Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton  Jun 21 2016, 11:27:20 AM

I have two in my cart with a 45 minute wait time - which hasn't changed in 10 minutes.

I was waiting to let TM find seats for me, but switched to the map which worked better.

Fiddler on the Roof Rush  Apr 8 2016, 02:50:29 PM

PianoMann said: "Bumping this thread to see if anyone has tried to rush Fiddler on the weekends recently?  I'm thinking of going on Sunday, but would love to know if they have been drawing a large crowd and I have to get there before noon or if I can go later in the day.  Thanks!

I rushed on Easter Sunday. There was a line, but I don't think all of it was for rush - some people just buying regular tickets, and others picking up their tickets (th

Kelli O'Hara to depart King and I April 17, Marin Mazzie joins cast May 3  Mar 26 2016, 11:45:13 PM

OlBlueEyes said: "I'm surprised that no one has reported in on the return of Ken Watanabe to the role of the King.

I've missed those discussions of whether Ken could be understood or not.

"

Much clearer than when I saw it last year (2nd preview). He seems more comfortable in the role, too.

Broadway Cares Spring Collections  Mar 26 2016, 11:42:49 PM

Fun Home has signed Playbills for $40, and signed posters for $100. And an excellent curtain speech by the kids in the cast.

Sunday show recommendation?  Mar 26 2016, 11:40:51 PM

I have room for one more show on my trip, and am looking for a recommendation for tomorrow (Sunday March 27). 

I'm open to either a musical or a play. I've seen The King and I and Fun Home already this trip, and loved them both immensely. Currently considering Fiddler or Something Rotten, but welcome other suggestions!

Easter Weekend  Feb 12 2016, 01:07:45 PM

Myself and a few friends are coming to NYC Easter Weekend, and are planning to see some shows. Is there typically a decent selection on Tkts, or would we be better off to pay full price and order in advance?

I'm interested in seeing Fun Home, and they would like to se Les Mis. 

Thanks!

TITANIC in Toronto  May 25 2015, 01:54:56 PM

Hmm. I'll be in Toronto in June, so might have to try and catch this!

The King and I - Ken Watanabe and Kelli O'Hara Contracts  May 18 2015, 11:19:33 PM

Not sure where I got July 5 specifically from, but this article states that Ken's contract is up in July.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/15/theater/ken-watanabe-moves-from-samurai-to-the-king-and-i.html?_r=0

The King and I - Ken Watanabe and Kelli O'Hara Contracts  May 16 2015, 02:19:37 PM

I thought I remembered reading that Ken Watanabe is done July 5, but don't recall where I read that.

THE KING & I Reviews  May 14 2015, 11:10:00 AM

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but there is a clip here of "Shall We Dance". Cuts out a fair bit of the dialogue, but a nice clip.

The king and I previews thread  Mar 16 2015, 04:23:47 PM
Skimbles - Kelli was amazing. I had never seen her in anything before this. Her accent was flawless, and she felt like a perfect fit for the role. Her singing was fantastic, and she came across as just so right as Anna Leonowens.

Ruthie Ann Miles & Ashley Park were also standouts in this show.

The king and I previews thread  Mar 16 2015, 03:35:26 PM
I saw the second preview. The golden curtain was "misbehaving", to quote Mr. Sher, so it was not used.

The sets and costumes are stunning. The casting and singing is excellent. Ken Watanabe was difficult to understand, especially when singing, but it sounds like that may already be improving. I do hope so - that was the only negative comment I heard from other theatre-goers as we were leaving the show.

It ran long (started late), and I think ended at about 11:20. I was row E se

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You