News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for nycgogetter

Member Name: nycgogetter
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Riedel on Investors demanding answers from The Great Comet
 Sep 22 2017, 11:05:56 AM

The way to tour this is a cirque style tent . . . like what they did next to the imperial.  Would allow to keep the staging, which I think is one of the best things about the show - and would allow for unique presentation techniques - reaching our to unconvetional touring audiences.

FREAKY FRIDAY
 Jul 20 2017, 10:29:22 PM

The show was never really targeted that way.  I saw the show closing in Houston, and felt there were quite a few book issues - the main one in my opinion is the daughter's conflict for the wedding rehearsal just didn't seem important enough.  And end of the day, watching an adult behave like a child, is much more fun then watching an adult behave like an adult . . . so the show became The Heidi Show - which may it a fun night in the theatre, but not a great piece of theater.

Hercules is the next Disney show!!!!
 Jul 7 2017, 06:25:02 PM

This is way down the list on development projects for Disney . . . 

Understudy
 Jun 24 2017, 08:19:02 PM

I am pretty sure Disney shows don't allow it . . . 

FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
 Apr 13 2017, 11:31:44 PM

I would fully expecting many, many changes between Denver and NYC . . . and where ever it may go in between.

2017-2018 Touring Season
 Mar 14 2017, 02:09:38 PM

Lion King tour this season played Minneapolis for the Fifth time on tour (sixth time if you coun't pre-broadway).  Right now it's basically LK, Phantom, Book of Mormon and Wicked that do repeat engagements.

why doesn't Hamilton take over another broadway theater?
 Mar 14 2017, 02:04:55 PM

It would run half as long.

And without the "DEMAND" to get tickets, they would lose out on premiere ticket demand - thus losing that extra, all profit money.

Why didn't Hunchback of Notre Dame make it to Broadway?
 Oct 13 2016, 06:41:53 PM

broadwayboy223 - if it did have "ever intention of transferring" it was not by Disney.  Unless outside producers were going to swoop it up.  AEA was not going to budge on putting the choir of full AEA contracts driving the cost up.  What ever one hope, versus what was in the works was very different.

Is Spongebob still aiming for Broadway?
 Oct 13 2016, 09:06:24 AM

My understanding is the box office did not as well as they hoped in Chicago . . . and that may have put a damper on a transfer.

Why didn't Hunchback of Notre Dame make it to Broadway?
 Oct 13 2016, 09:03:59 AM

1) it was never developed for Broadway.

2) the cost of the 32 person choir on top of the cast would make it very hard to recoup, and Disney keeps an eye on the bottom line.

3) Concerns over the heavy and dark tones of the piece.

4) Disney is always worried about three shows running at the same time under the Disney banner (it will be interesting to see Aladdin/Frozen/Lion King playing at the same time)

The show will continue to have a life outside of Broadway, in r

Shows you've walked out of
 Oct 2 2016, 03:14:37 PM

Pippin.  

Was so sick of people talking/singing along.

Hairspray musical movie question
 Sep 25 2016, 01:04:55 AM

I think someone has done the research, and they found that movies of running Broadway shows help name recognition about actually boost sales (Phantom, Chicago, Rock of Ages . . . there was one other one I think . . . )

Palace Theater NOT being raised after all ?
 Sep 3 2016, 07:13:26 PM

Exactly . . . Disney maybe able to find a Director who will work with the previous director's design concept, and that will help them keep on track.  BUT . . . with a new director, there may come new designs.  I think a lot of things would be up in the air for Frozen right now.

Palace Theater NOT being raised after all ?
 Sep 3 2016, 01:06:12 AM

Frozen to St. James is possible; but the timeline for Frozen maybe shifting - so all deals maybe off.

Glenn Casale's The Hunchback of Notre Dame
 Aug 27 2016, 09:57:10 AM

I still wonder how this show claims to be darker than the film...sure it went back to the book..sort of...but it wasn't any darker thanks to that travesty of a book. The film is pretty damn dark, let's be real. I know what the book is, but what I love that film addressed is religious hypocrisy/bigotry which made Frollo an even better charatcer...almost.

In the film, I believe Frollo was a judge, and not a priest.  I think the number of people who die

Replacement Rules
 Aug 26 2016, 02:37:02 AM

They can also give someone the contract for set amount of time . . . until someone else comes in.  

The Hunchback of Notre Dame at Paper Mill
 Aug 21 2016, 09:14:36 PM

g.d.e.l.g.i. said: "And I would further add that, in reading the new book (don't ask, I'm not giving), I would actually even utilize how Quasimodo is written were I to remount the Lapine version, and credit Parnell appropriately. Not all of it is bad. But most of it is awful.

I don't think the Lapine version can ever be done again . . . 

"

The Hunchback of Notre Dame at Paper Mill
 Aug 13 2016, 11:15:23 PM

the papermill production is going to the Tokyo production this fall/winter.

regional theaters are mounting their own productions.

there are talks of a European tour, and perhaps the west end.  The show will need to be tinkered to fit a traditional commercial theater model . . . if you want the chorus, what do you give up.

Tattoos on Broadway
 Aug 13 2016, 11:09:03 PM

In Lion King, many of the Simbas have had tattoos that get covered up by the make up department.

If there was some inherent in the role being played by someone without a tattoo - I am sure the casting director would figure it out.

Alex Timbers has Departed FROZEN!
 Aug 5 2016, 09:42:40 PM

With a change in directors there will most likely be a change in the timeline - and perhaps going back to the drawing board with designs.  The director switched happened after a technical workshop . . . so something in the vision of the show by the same team was probably not working.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You