News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for tombomb31

Member Name: tombomb31
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2020-2021 Touring Season
 Feb 3 2020, 11:12:49 PM
Just got an email saying that Atlanta is announcing on March 12. I’ve been a subscriber for 10 years and it’s never happened this late.
Jerry Herman Tribute
 Jan 21 2020, 01:33:28 PM
I was able to get on the guest list for this event. Does that mean I’m guaranteed a seat? I’d have to fly in and out of NYC on the same day and trying to see if I should clear my schedule to be there.
Frozen Refund?
 Jan 18 2020, 11:27:06 AM
I have a ticket to see the show on Sunday night. I JUST learned that Caissie is going to be out, and she was the reason I chose to see it. Does anyone know if the box office would refund me? I cant exchange because I fly home on Tuesday.
Loren Allred @ Joes Pub - 1 ticket
 Jan 13 2020, 02:40:42 PM
Im unable to make this show - selling my seat for $30 if anyone is interested.
2020-2021 Touring Season
 Jan 11 2020, 01:58:57 PM
Any word on when Atlanta is announcing?
Broadway legends still alive
 Jan 9 2020, 07:29:26 PM
I know for me, personally, Beth Leavel is a legend. She’s worked consistently and always gives top notch performances. I guess the main difference between Beth and some of the other performers mentioned here would be that Beth isn’t really known by the mainstream.
1 Little Shop Ticket - SOLD
 Jan 9 2020, 03:03:15 PM

Center orchestra, row N, seat 101

$150

If anyone is interested, let me know! Sad that Im missing it, but I must see Beth at 54 Below!

My Name is Lucy Barton - previews
 Jan 7 2020, 10:35:41 AM

HBBrock said: "Seeing this tonight (won the TodayTix rush)."

I really want to see this show when I’m in town next week...have an extra slot on January 18 @ 2pm. How fast do the rush tickets sell? Never tried rush before!

Tunick's orchestration
 Dec 23 2019, 08:23:24 PM
I have tickets for January 18...is it likely he will still be out then? I’d rather wait and see it when he’s back!
CATS Film Adaptation Thread
 Dec 20 2019, 10:36:06 AM
Saw it twice yesterday and headed back today for a third!! It was great... I legitimately do not understand the hate.
First Look At Meryl Streep & James Corden in The Prom Movie
 Dec 16 2019, 05:37:57 PM

Ado Annie D'Ysquith said: "I was waiting for someone to post these pictures here. Anyone know what coast they're filming on?

As I don't have Netflix, I hope there is an eventual DVD release.
"

They are filming in Los Angeles 

Dec 16 2019, 01:15:29 PM

Lot666 said: "Mark Waltz said: "With her back to the camera, Meryl does remind me of Beth."

I fear the resemblance will end there, particularly when she gets to the end of "The Lady's Improving".

"

I just listened to some of Meryl from Into the Woods...while she will NEVER be able to sing it like Beth can, I think she will be able to do the song justice. 

Dec 14 2019, 06:44:27 PM
I’m so excited for this! Meryl will be amazing, and I think James will be able to pull it off. I wish it could be Beth and Brooks but I do understand why they needed to use big names. They should have gotten Nathan Lane to play Barry, though....
10 Favorite BROADWAY Performances of the Decade
 Dec 11 2019, 02:13:22 PM
Beth Leavel - The Prom
Glenn Close - Sunset Boulevard
SJB - Falsettos
Bette Midler - Hello, Dolly
Annette Benning - All My Sons
Gideon Glick - Significant Other
Kristin Chenoweth - On the Twentieth Century
Brooks Ashmanskas - The Prom
Helen Mirren - The Audience
Sally Field - The Glass Menagerie

Downton Abbey musical
 Dec 11 2019, 02:00:02 PM
This NEEDS to happen!
Best Broadway Cast Recording of 2019?
 Dec 10 2019, 10:34:38 AM

hak5 said: "tombomb31 said: "I’ve never struggled listening to a recording more than I did with Hadestown. It’s just so, so bad."

?

can you please explain why you feel this way? . I find the album flows beautifully
"

It took me several tries to get through it. It’s just the overall vibe. In general I don’t care for the jazzy sound that it has. I’m one of a few, I know. Maybe seeing the show live wi

Best Broadway Cast Recording of 2019?
 Dec 9 2019, 07:29:02 PM
I’ve never struggled listening to a recording more than I did with Hadestown. It’s just so, so bad.

Dec 5 2019, 12:39:41 AM

Fosse76 said: "jo said: "The musical is much more sophisticated than some people realize."

No, its really not.
"

Yes, it really is. 

The Devil Wears Prada
 Dec 3 2019, 11:14:47 AM
MY. HEART. IS. EXPLODING. She is going to absolutely slay this!!!
Idina Menzel Wicked film
 Dec 1 2019, 02:42:35 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "tombomb31 said: "disneybroadwayfan22 said: "Anyone, but Ariana. I beg of them."

I respect your opinion, but why so much hate for Ariana? She is so so talented!!!
"

She’s a singer, not an actress. She’s shown her acting limitations on several platforms: HAIRSPRAY Live! and as host on SNL and it left an enormous amount to be desired.

She can sing Elphaba. She can’t act the role.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You