News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JustBe23

Member Name: JustBe23
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hamilton Previews
 Jul 17 2015, 04:18:16 PM

I took my father to see it at the Public and he didn't miss a word - dude's in his late sixties and his hearing is failing. He also loved it.

Difference between Opera and Musical Theater
 Jul 15 2015, 05:21:13 PM

I certainly agree the music and the voice come first in opera, but I have a few teachers who would flip their **** if they heard it suggested the words don't matter to classical singers. The fact is that great performers are great performers. The basics of objective and physical action and listening and staying present and obeying impulse carry over regardless of the house being played, and to that end practically every great vocal performance school has their kids in regular acting classes.

The Legit Musical Theatre Sound Today
 Jul 4 2015, 09:27:40 PM

" "Philly, you're wrong. I'm getting my graduate in vocal performance (classical) right now, and everything that I've been hired to do at a regional level since I was a teenager was contemporary. Technique is technique. All that changes is your vowel shaping and your use of chest in your upper register. Look up Morgan James if you need a solid example, but you are wrong."
whaaat are you

Jul 4 2015, 06:16:55 PM

""Finally, any well-trained singer can sing across a broad spectrum."
right, because Renee Fleming, one of the best singers in the world, can sing ****ing defying gravity right? You don't understand. As someone who is operatic, we can't sing much else. The technique of singing is like no other. Every other genre of music is pretty much belted out after that (jazz, hip hop, rap, country, pop) I am making it my goal to create new operatic roles on broadwa

Jul 4 2015, 04:53:19 PM

Whooooah, that's super wrong, phillypinto. There's less "legit" singing because the music of today doesn't really jive with that particular stylistic mode, and theater has always reflected popular music styles.

As for the training of tenors/baritones/the rest singing stuff out of their natural ranges, that's more result than cause. Power ballads are the thing nowadays, and unfortunately very few of those power ballads stay below an Ab, making them unsingable for a lot of baritones,

School of Rock, pre-Broadway showcases
 Jun 12 2015, 04:40:37 PM

Wow, totally eating my hat. She'll be marvelous.

School of Rock, pre-Broadway showcases
 Jun 12 2015, 09:45:16 AM

You think Sierra Boggess would do School of Rock? I liked this showing, but I really can't see her doing this.

Finding Neverland was it good
 Jun 11 2015, 09:29:37 AM

Not nearly as terrible as some here makes it out to be, but it's not particularly good, no.

Allegiance coming to Broadway
 Jun 5 2015, 05:32:09 PM

It was flawed, but good flawed. Good flawed with a ton of potential, and that was nearly four years ago. Can't wait to see what the show has become.

ALLEGIANCE TICKETS ON SALE
 May 31 2015, 10:13:26 PM

I second that. I've been keeping up with this show for quite a few years, thrilled to see it finally come to Broadway.

CAROUSEL today
 Apr 30 2015, 12:48:23 PM

"This is most likely NOT going to Broadway anytime soon for various reasons---  
http://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/news/2015/04/28/lyric-operas-carousel-still-waiting-for-that-big.html

"

It... doesn't say that. All it says is that the production isn't totally funded yet. How often is a show fully funded for a Broadway transfer immediately following its out of town?

Does Little Dancer have a future?
 Apr 30 2015, 12:43:51 PM

I read a while back that it was doing an out-of-town at the Ahmanson this summer... dunno though. I adored it in DC, I'd love to see it hit Broadway.

Anastasia a musical
 Apr 24 2015, 08:53:29 AM

lol, I don't think most people's enjoyment of Anastasia has anything to do with what 'really' happened. It's a lovely film with lovely music.

Anastasia a musical
 Apr 23 2015, 10:03:55 PM

Excellent. This could be on Broadway by 2017, that is amazing.

Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
 Apr 21 2015, 09:55:51 PM

In fairness, I don't think Miranda has ever actually gone on record as saying that Madonna was the celebrity texting. But I would be more inclined to buy his side of what happened than Madonna's rep.

Apr 21 2015, 06:11:33 PM

Y'all are petty as anything. She was wrong, nobody in this thread has said otherwise. Let it go.

FREE James and the Giant Peach Cast Album Download!
 Apr 21 2015, 01:03:52 PM

Didn't even know this existed but it's excellent. I'm living for Skylar's Middle of a Moment.

Apr 20 2015, 12:12:06 PM

After Eight isn't defending Madonna, he just needed a chance to point out how evolved his taste in theater is before he addressed the subject at hand. Perfectly normal response.

CAROUSEL at the Lyric Opera in Chicago
 Apr 15 2015, 06:35:42 PM

Broadway.com just did a periscope with Laura Osnes backstage, and the transfer is brought up twice, once by Paul Wontorek and then again by her - when Paul asks initially she crosses her fingers and then someone online asks her when she's coming back to Broadway and she says "hopefully soon, maybe in this musical!"

CAROUSEL at the Lyric Opera in Chicago
 Apr 14 2015, 09:44:23 PM

No idea. Again, I'm not in his head. Just suspecting based on context.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You