News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Sleepwalker

Sleepwalker Profile Photo
Member Name: Sleepwalker
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Carmen Cusack at 54 below
 Aug 16 2016, 10:25:00 PM

I agree 100% with the previous poster. Tonight's show was delightful. Carmen showed amazing vocal versatility throughout the set and the audience LOVED her. I can't wait to see what comes next, and after that,  for her 

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
 Jul 28 2016, 07:38:28 AM

When the President said "in the room" my son and I both said "where it happened". 

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
 Jul 17 2016, 11:02:27 PM

I saw Austin Smith as Burr in April and liked him a lot. My take is that since he didn't have the star power of Leslie, his performance was more self-contained, interior rather than all out. Even The Room Where it Happened was less exuberant and more almost brooding. My one quibble is that his voice was not as distinctive as Leslie's so sometimes it was hard to recognize that the vocal lines were his. All in all a very worthy substitute. 

Your First Broadway Show
 Jul 17 2016, 09:01:35 PM

1776, in 1969 on a Junior high school class trip (OG). They had me at Sit Down, John. Hooked for life . Then came Jesus Christ Superstar, Pippin, A Chorus LIne. Chicago and Sweeney Todd, through high school and college. 

Is the app TodayTix reliable?
 Jun 5 2016, 04:22:56 PM

I'm a big fan of Today Tix for the convenience and time savings although their prices aren't anything special. . I use the app all the time and have never had a problem. Since I often go alone to shows I've gotten some really great seats. 

Waitress Without Mueller
 May 17 2016, 11:48:07 PM

goldenboy said: "Warning --Waitress Bashing below. Do not read if you are sensitive to bashing.

I saw Waitress with Jessie Mueller. I thought it was a dull musical with music that all sounded alike. Jessie was fine but did not rescue the material.  I particularly disliked the three shreaky ballads at the end of the musical that Mueller got to sing. (insert eyeroll here)  I couldn't wait til those songs and this musical ended

Bright Star Appreciation Thread
 May 8 2016, 12:19:17 AM

I was there tonight and was completely enchanted!  It's a lovely production, the cast were great, and Carmen Cusack blew the roof off. I was in the Mezz which was pretty full. Today's tix was doing a brisk business and the concierge guy said demand is way up post Tony noms. I wish this show all the best.  

Lesbians on Broadway
 Apr 23 2016, 01:39:57 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Cynthia Nixon

Lea DeLaria 

Sarah Paulson

Cherry Jones

Andrew Rannells

Holland Taylor

"

A++ 

Article: SHUFFLE ALONG Producers Ask to Be Excused from Awards
 Apr 20 2016, 07:57:52 PM

I saw it on Monday.  There is so much talent on the stage and the first act was enjoyable,  featurung creative tap and strong vocals (duh) from Audra and BSM. The second act totally lost me. It was meandering and untimely pointless. Billy Porter's blues number was impressive, but other than that for me the conclusion had no emotional impact.  Tweaking doesn't seem to be enough. Maybe radical surgery, like incorporating bits iof act 2 into act 1 and creating a&

Leslie Odom Jr - out sick this week?
 Apr 15 2016, 07:36:16 AM

I was there last Thursday and reacted differently. At first I was thrown because Austin Smith's voice is lower than Leslie's and blended in with the other vocals so much that Burr got a little lost for me. But as the performance went on I thought he was very effective at portraying Burr's hesitancy and indecision. Leslie is such a star that it's hard to see the ambivalence in his portrayal although the lyrics get you there. I was very disappointed that leslie was out, but was

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You