News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LipstickLola

Member Name: LipstickLola
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What did this board think of Legally Blonde the musical?
 May 25 2015, 10:08:29 PM

Did you guys like it when it opened on broadway? I saw the tour and loved it.  Laura Bell Bundy looks like she was amazing live. So did you guys like the show? What did the critics think of the show?

Laura Benanti as Diana in Next To Normal
 May 13 2015, 07:53:08 PM

She'd nail it and you know it.

Laura Benanti as Diana in Next To Normal
 May 13 2015, 07:42:51 PM

Oh my gawd someone please make this happen. Just the thought of it gives me chills!

What happened with that Promises Promises revival?
 May 11 2015, 12:02:02 PM

No i mean Sean Hayes was just playing Jack Mcfarland from will and grace

What happened with that Promises Promises revival?
 May 11 2015, 11:52:45 AM

Oh my god. Why did they not use the original choreography to the turkey lurkey number?  Those kids from the camp movie sure showed those Broadway actors up. And why did Kristin not perform at the Tonys? It was like they were just trying to focus on Sean Hayes (who was only playing Jack anyway). It's like how Ricky Martin performed at the tonys for Evita and the Evita just walked around the stage and did nothing. So dumb.

Barbra Stresisand gets a standing ovation at American in Paris performance!
 May 4 2015, 12:40:22 PM

I wonder if she will be at anymore shows this year.

May 4 2015, 12:25:50 PM

I remember Bill Clinton getting getting a standing ovation during intermission back in 2007 at part 1 of Coast of Utopia.  It was bizarre.

Why the hell would anyone want to give a standing ovation to a pervert and adulterer? 

May 4 2015, 12:23:07 PM

I think the article said she was gesturing for people to sit down. I'm sure she still felt honored though. I wish she would come back to Broadway.

May 4 2015, 12:02:32 PM

Finding Namo I think Barbra is misunderstood. 

May 4 2015, 11:42:34 AM

She's an icon and people love her. I can understand why seeing Barbra in person would generate excitement. She's a legend.

May 4 2015, 11:36:47 AM

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Barbra-Streisand-Receives-Standing-Ovation-from-AMERICAN-IN-PARIS-Audience-20150504

I love Barbra so much! It warms my heart that she is still appreciated for her talent. She can do no wrong! I wish i could have been there.

Next To Normal lyric question
 May 1 2015, 07:09:10 PM

But doesn't "You don't have to be happy at all" and "to be happy you're alive"  contradict each other? She has come to the realization that she will never be happy but she doesnt have to be happy to keep going in life. She is resigning herself to a zombie and giving up cause she knows you dont have to be happy to get through life.

Next To Normal lyric question
 May 1 2015, 06:53:35 PM

I don't understand Diane's last line in Next To Normal.

She sings: 

Day after day,
Wishing all our cares away.
Trying to fight the things we feel,
But some hurts never heal.
Some ghost are never gone,
But we go on,
We still go on.
And you find some way to survive
And you find out you don't have to be happy at all,

How will Kristin Cheno be a tony host when she is in a show?
 Apr 29 2015, 10:45:52 AM

Kristin's to lose. 

Apr 29 2015, 08:46:15 AM

Oh please. It's pretty obvious Kristin is the front runner. She is giving the performance of her life and everyone knows that. Maybe if it was just a race between Chita and Kelli, then Chita might have a shot at the award. But lets be real. We all know Kristin is the wild card. Based on your logic, Leanne is the front runner. Lolz.

Apr 29 2015, 08:26:43 AM

Of course it doesnt guarantee her a win. But she is already the front runner anyway.

Apr 29 2015, 08:11:17 AM

How will she have time and manage it? 8 shows a week and rehearsals for the tony show? She must be a superwoman. They should just give her the award now. She is wayyyy out in front and no one comes close to touching her. 

I guess I'll miss the man.
 Apr 6 2015, 07:40:18 PM

Ok thankyou

Apr 6 2015, 07:31:27 PM

Is the talking about pippin or the husband?

Apr 6 2015, 07:29:09 PM

I love that song in pipin but what exactly is Catherine saying in it? It's a weird song. She notices her husands faults but loved him anyway? She ends it with:

-he was the best to come along in a long long time.

Does that mean she didn't really love him but he was the only one there for her. The Catherine character is very weird but I love her. the song is just complicated to understand for me.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You