News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for The Barricade Babe

Member Name: The Barricade Babe
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Current Beauty and the Beast tour  Oct 21 2015, 11:04:08 AM

I saw this tour in Chicago in February. Honestly, the set design bothered me more than anything else. Very cheap, anytime anyone stood on one of the wagon pieces or came near it, it shook like crazy. I was in the third to last row in the top balcony and I could tell how flimsy the set was.

Talent wise, the cast is not bad. I saw an understudy for Lefou that was wonderful, and the rest of the cast are competent if not a little tired. Be Our Guest is still a showstopper. 

Worst cast album  Oct 20 2015, 11:16:18 AM

The aforementioned Spring Awakening for sure, but one I haven't seen mentioned yet is the OBC of Rent.

The production is very flat, very lacking in energy. And I know she's got her fans, but Daphne Rubin-Vega's voice on that recording drives me up the wall. I prefer some of the arrangements from the film, not to mention Rosario's Mimi.

Andrew Rannells Joining Hamilton  Oct 8 2015, 05:02:46 PM

Oh my God, I have wanted this to happen since I first heard You'll Be Back, this is so exciting! 

Future Celebrity Replacements for Hamilton  Oct 2 2015, 11:20:00 AM

I would give  a kidney to see Andrew Rannells play King George. And a resounding yes to having Donald Glover in the show, he would be so awesome!

Favorite Hamilton songs?  Oct 1 2015, 11:56:50 AM

That specific moment in one of the King George songs where Groff just goes "Awesome, WOW".

No but seriously, every single song is a knock out, this is the one of the only shows that rises above its hype.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/27/15  Sep 28 2015, 03:12:45 PM

Jokes aside, I really do think Pope-pocalypse had a big impact on some of these shows. As much as I love Hand to God, their stats right now really are pretty abysmal.

70th Tony Awards Thread  Sep 28 2015, 02:47:02 PM

Ooooooh, I didn't know they did that for Deaf Wests's BR. That makes sense I suppose.

70th Tony Awards Thread  Sep 28 2015, 01:56:44 PM

I'm interested to see if they'll dual nominate the deaf and singing actors in Spring Awakening. I think Sandra Mae and Katie are absolutely knock out in that show and would love to see them nominated together.

Marin Mazzie has cancer  Sep 28 2015, 11:32:05 AM

Oh man, my prayers are with her and Jason. I just recently was watching her as Lily Garland on Youtube and was floored by her talent. 

SPRING AWAKENING (Revival) Reviews  Sep 28 2015, 11:30:03 AM

Variety is positive!

http://variety.com/2015/legit/reviews/spring-awakening-review-deaf-west-broadway-1201603519/

Featured Actress in a Musical  May 6 2015, 12:05:33 PM

Lucas might have it in the bag. Ring Of Keys is pretty much the most acclaimed song of the last two seasons and her performance is mind blowing, regardless of age. That said, Kuhn's role in the reworked version is also fantastic and her Days and Days is heartbreaking. I think it's between those two, although everyone in this category is doing really awesome work.

2015-2016 touring seasons  May 6 2015, 11:56:42 AM

Nasvhille's schedule is:

The Wizard of Oz

Dirty Dancing

R&H Cinderella

Bullets Over Broadway

Beauty and the Beast

Mamma Mia

If/Then

Bridges of Madison County

Matilda

Motown

Phantom of the Opera

Not bad! Excited for Matilda and Bridges for sure, might go see If/Then and maybe Cinderella.

Cadillac Palace Theatre Chicago Seating  Apr 27 2015, 03:47:02 PM

The view from the balcony isn't terrible as long as you're not in the very back (I was a couple of rows from the back and missed a couple of this happening waaaay upstage and the taller setpieces). The sound however is really not great up there, so I would recommend closer. Have a good time,  it's a beautiful theater!

Hand to God's Targeted Ads in Playbills  Apr 9 2015, 12:48:39 PM

Love these! Gentlemen's Guide also has similar stuff on their social media that's pretty funny (i.e. We  love to Wrap! when Holler If Ya Hear Me opened, etc etc.)

Why did Barett Leave Heathers?  Apr 9 2015, 12:44:00 PM

Tumblr's obsession with Heathers fueled this particular rumor mill for quite a while, so I would take everything with a very big grain of salt. But I heard that several accusations of diva behavior and a couple of things about performing whilst drunk were big causes. Never heard the playing hooky thing, but it could easily be true.

It's a shame though. I thought Barrett really carried the show and elevated some of the weaker parts of the material (when Heathers works, it works. Whe

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You