News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Bwaydrummer31

Member Name: Bwaydrummer31
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Alfie Boe Leading Finding Neverland National Tour
 May 9 2016, 02:11:47 PM

It's certainly been confirmed on their website. And I'm pretty sure Kelsey Grammer and Mr Boe were announced to open it.

Alfie Boe Leading Finding Neverland National Tour
 May 9 2016, 01:32:23 PM

On the Today Show, Alfie Boe performed the tittle song from the show, and it was said that he is leading the National Tour once the Broadway run ends. I guess he'll only be with it for a little, since it was also announced he's opening the London Production.

Its announced at the end of the video.

http://www.today.com/video/tony-winner-alfie-boe-performs-neverland-on-today-681997379775

Finding Neverland Magic
 May 4 2016, 05:16:24 PM

I was wondering if anyone knew how they create the tinker bell effect that flies around as the show starts, and also what they're using on their hands for the effect as well.

Doctor Zhivago Latest?
 Apr 16 2016, 10:48:24 PM

Does anyone know what's going on with the show? Are they releasing the rights or trying for a tour? Maybe regional productions? Haven't really heard anything since it closed.

Set Design Books
 Oct 27 2015, 08:01:17 PM

Hi everyone, 

I was wondering if anyone had any insight into what are the best theatrical set design books out there that cover everything from stage floor, curtains, fly systems, speaker systems, etc to set models. I'm designing the set for a high school production, and they have a fairly healthy budget, so I'd like to get a feel of Broadway set designs. 

Thanks!

Broadway Song Rights?
 Aug 23 2015, 02:41:48 PM

Yes, we will be performing arrangements of songs, written by my group, and we'd also like to perform songs note for note straight from Broadway. The venues we'd be performing should have their license, but I'm also wondering, could we as a group get a license so we don't have to worry about the venues? Also, is it possible to get the songs of shows that are still on Broadway, i.e. Wicked, Fun Home, Aladdin, Finding Neverland etc.

Thanks!

Broadway Song Rights?
 Aug 22 2015, 10:39:14 PM

Hey everyone,

So I'm part of a new big band type group where we'll be performing Broadway songs (instrumentaly and with vocals) and am also the manager. I'm wondering, obviously we'll have to pay something for these songs, which is fine, but does anyone know how we'd go about getting the rights to perform one or two songs from shows (like you hear on Broadway, not crap rewrites)? Who do we contact? Any guess as to the cost? 

Thanks!

Sitting in the Pit
 Aug 12 2015, 10:50:14 PM

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone has had the opportunity to sit in with an orchestra during a show, how you came about doing that, and how it was? I've been backstage and in pits before, but really want to sit in during a show. 

Thanks!

Pit Orchestra Music
 Aug 6 2015, 10:47:13 PM

So, if I went into Finale, what template/preface/font would I use?

Thanks!

Pit Orchestra Music
 Aug 5 2015, 09:26:48 PM

Hey all musicians, (and everyone else really)!

Does anyone know what program/font is used to create the pit orchestra books that are used on Broadway (and MTI). 

Thanks!

FINDING NEVERLAND OBC recording
 Jun 17 2015, 10:48:36 PM

I was listening to the Sirius XM Broadway Channel earlier and Matthew Morrison, Kelsey Grammer and Laura Michelle Kelly we're on talking about the show, and during the hour long broadcast, they played "Believe" and "Stronger" from the Original Broadway Cast Album......so it's definitely done, now to see when it's released.

Broadway Week 2015
 Jun 5 2015, 07:02:52 PM

Does anyone know when Broadway Week will be this year? I know it's sometime in September, but specific dates would be great, (if they've been announced)! Also, how is ticket availability, and do they sell out fast?

Which shows should I see? (I'll be up there long enough for five shows)

Stars in the Alley 2015
 May 11 2015, 05:05:09 PM

The Broadway League just released which shows will be performing numbers this year at the Stars in the Alley event. Has anyone gone to this before? Is it worth going, and how early should I arrive to get a decent view?

Wednesday, May 27, 2015
10:30am-12:30pm
Rain or shine! 

PARTICIPATING MUSICALS* INCLUDE:

Aladdin
An American in Paris
Beautiful - The Carole King M

Finding Neverland Seating
 Apr 26 2015, 10:26:00 PM

Hey thanks! Just bought them for front mezzanine! Have you by chance been to The Broadway Theatre, and can comment on where to sit there, I'm also seeing Doctor Zhivago.

Thanks!

Finding Neverland Seating
 Apr 25 2015, 10:52:42 PM

Hey everyone, 

I am heading to see Finding Neverland in a few weeks, and am about to purchase tickets. I have never been to the Lunt-Fontanne Theater, but have heard its pretty intimate in regards to other theaters. I am looking at purchasing front mezzanine seats, that's usually where I like to sit to see shows. Has anyone sat in this section and can comment on the views? How about orchestra seating and rear mezzanine views?

Thanks!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You