News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for gmhots

Member Name: gmhots
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Waitress Cast Recording  Jun 3 2016, 07:35:04 PM

Agreed w/ QueenAlice—those classic cast recordings are great! I particularly love the Oliver! revival. For Waitress, I'm of course going to grab a CD but digital is huge these days, so they shouldn't be "skimping" on anything either way. Maybe I'll have a change of heart with my physical copy!

I sat front row mezz center when I went and had a hard time with the muddled sound. The accents make it that much harder (I love the accents, but just wish everyt

The Color Purple vs She Loves Me and Fully Committed vs Blackbird  Jun 3 2016, 10:49:02 AM

OP, glad you're going to see She Loves Me! A lighthearted lovely piece of theater. Seeing Laura B. sing Vanilla Ice Cream is always a treat.

That said, The Color Purple blew me away. I still get chills thinking about it. What a show and what astounding performances from the ENTIRE cast (special shoutout to Cynthia Erivo and Heather Headley of course.)

Waitress Cast Recording  Jun 3 2016, 10:44:51 AM

The mix sounds pretty sub-par for a professional OCR. The instruments sound reverb-y and muddled to me—anyone else feel the same way?

Of course, love all the songs and Jessie, but still.

Emily Blunt and Lin Manuel Miranda CONFIRMED for  Jun 1 2016, 10:36:24 AM

Lin can't sing, so... this may be excruciating.

/personal opinion

Bad Theater Behavior  Jun 1 2016, 10:35:15 AM

When I went to Fiddler last week, some guy in the first row put his Playbill on the stage during intermission and left it there when the show started. When Danny Burstein walked past in the first song of Act 2, he kicked the Playbill off the stage with vehemence. It was great.

Best/Worst Tony Awards Performances  Apr 7 2016, 11:49:56 PM

At the risk of sounding like a broken record...

1) Grand Hotel. Nothing is beating this one in my book!

2) Dreamgirls

3) Hedwig

I also remember seeing Ragtime somewhere on there... or maybe it wasn't the Tonys. Separately, Finding Neverland was rather cringeworthy.

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]  Apr 7 2016, 11:42:15 PM

Hi everyone! Is anyone going to the show soon? I saw a super early preview and at that time they didn't have the cups yet. If you're going, I'd love to buy them off of you.

Feel free to buy drinks and enjoy them—then I'll be outside the theater to pick them up! Just looking for 2 (for my friend and I). I'll also pay for the drink itself and fee on top for your troubles. Let me know if you're able—would be SO SO SO grateful! :)

Flea Market Finds!  Sep 29 2015, 02:16:04 PM

@vintagesnarker: Yes, all the window cards were free around 5.30pm. They let you take as many as you liked, but I only took 2 of each. If you want my spare Wolf Hall window card let me know and we can meet up.

@luminousbeing: Cookin' is a Korean version of Stomp, but more of a comedic, percussive show and they use food and knives/other cooking utensils to make the rhythms! There's also a cute storyline and it's quite entertaining.

Flea Market Finds!  Sep 28 2015, 05:29:10 PM

^ That's insane.

In other news, I managed to get the following:

FREE: Chinglish, You can't take it..., Wolf Hall, Heidi Chronicles, Virginia Woolf windowcards (x2 each), Parade, Joseph, Wild Party (LaChiusa), Sunset Boulevard, Titanic, Nine, Jekyll & Hyde, Ragtime (all original cast) CD liners, Evita revival magnet

$5: Rent hollywood bowl shirt, OTTC glass mugs x2, playbill covers 2010-2015 1000 piece puzzle

Chances of meeting Ohara at stage door on a Saturday afternoon  Sep 3 2015, 01:05:18 PM

I was there the most recent Saturday and she came out pretty quickly.

PLAYBILL Covers of the 2015-2016 Season  Sep 3 2015, 11:46:39 AM

Love Sylvia's logotype!

Sylvia on Broadway  Aug 28 2015, 05:52:35 PM

"Anyone go? Where were the seats? I almost went down, but I couldn't pull the trigger on seeing Another show with Matthew Broderick until he figured out how to be there, too.

LOL. Absolutely agree, he was atrocious in It's Only A Play.

Anyone went down today for the $19.95 tix? How are the seats?

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]  Aug 28 2015, 05:50:52 PM

Thanks everyone. The ART is using her picture in all their promos for Great Comet so I thought I'd ask (definitely seemed silly to me too, but you never know...)

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]  Aug 27 2015, 12:33:15 PM

This may be random, but is Philippa Soo doing Great Comet at the ART in Winter? When is she leaving the show?

Sylvia Previews  Aug 25 2015, 06:38:35 PM

I'll change the name! Wanted to get a discussion going, what with the ticket discount, etc.

Sylvia on Broadway  Aug 25 2015, 02:19:05 PM

Didn't see a thread for this (aside from the one comparing Matthew Broderick to various inanimate objects) so I thought to start it, despite being a little early.

Anyone going this Friday to get $19.95 tickets? 

WAITRESS Will Officially Bow on Broadway in Spring 2016  Aug 14 2015, 02:30:51 PM

Aside from personnel changes, many of the Neverland changes were made during previews at the Lunt Fontanne vs. between ART and Broadway.

Didn't mean to come across that negative in my post! Haha. I do think it's salvageable; the staging and presentation just needs to be much more polished. There's only so much Jessie can carry after all. Looking forward to tracking its evolution.

WAITRESS Will Officially Bow on Broadway in Spring 2016  Aug 14 2015, 12:05:27 PM

I absolutely think that Waitress is not Broadway-ready at this point and am disappointed they are bringing it here so early.

I am also a big-ish Sara Bareilles and Jessie Mueller fan (and Keala Settle) but seriously... it's not. I'm glad it's playing to a small-ish house but I don't think they're ready. The score and the book need some work and the ensemble work is far, far from polished. That said, there's still some time so hopefully when I watch it in the Broo

Finding Neverland Stage Door/Backstage Experinces  Aug 7 2015, 11:29:38 AM

I've been there 9 times and only caught her once, so it's really hit or miss with her.

Hamilton Broadway Reviews  Aug 7 2015, 11:28:31 AM

After Eight: As mentioned on the other thread, the "fury" unleashed was only (I repeat, only) because the poster mentioned she left because of the lack of character building for the female characters. If she had stayed, she would know that the second act is all about that.

I'm not claiming she should be able to predict the future, but for those of us who've watched the show, her critique is invalid. That's all. Nothing against actually leaving the

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You