News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for vermouthontherocks

vermouthontherocks Profile Photo
Member Name: vermouthontherocks
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Darren Criss in Hedwig
 May 9 2015, 07:32:55 PM

If you guys are seriously ignorant to the fact that Hedwig was one of the few characters around, for a very long time, that trans people could see themselves in and they latched onto that, I'm not even going to bother discussing this. 

Darren Criss in Hedwig
 May 9 2015, 01:47:48 AM

Well, Darren Criss is continuing his goodwill tour by calling Hedwig a "girl-boy-thing" this time. I know that JCM has said he doesn't consider Hedwig trans, but she's still a character that's meant a lot to the trans community and it's getting increasingly hard for me to not get offended by the callous and uninformed way he describes the character he claims to love so much. I don't think I've been this unenthused by a casting choice since Ally Sheedy. 

Darren Criss in Hedwig
 Apr 30 2015, 06:51:04 PM

"Also... what are the odds that the lottery is going to be me + 500 Gleeks?"

This is what I'm worried about. I can really only afford it if I try for the lottery, but given both the Glee fan's behavior and Criss's stagedoor behavior when he was in How To Succeed, I really don't want to deal with it if they're going to be overwhelming majority. I'm more forgiving than most of new fans not being fully versed in etiquette, and lord knows Hedwig is a r

Darren Criss in Hedwig
 Apr 30 2015, 01:08:29 PM

I'll judge if all the subsequent audience interaction is with nothing but women.  I mean, considering the character of Hedwig that he's portraying it wouldn't fit at all, and would actually circumvent some of the meaning of the show.
 "

Yes, this is my concern. I wouldn't really think anything of it if he hadn't been so borderline offensive in so many of his interviews where he kept talking about how sassy Hedwig is a

Darren Criss in Hedwig
 Apr 30 2015, 11:39:28 AM

Can anyone who was there confirm that he did the carwash and the kiss with women? I don't know if it's a rule that those are usually done with men, but every other Hedwig I've seen has done those with a male audience member, and I'm kind of cringing at the idea of Criss making out with his female fanbase every night, especially since he's already said and done some things that make it seem like he has a fundamental misunderstanding of who Hedwig is.

Darren Criss in Hedwig
 Apr 30 2015, 08:33:16 AM

"I was there tonight, and enjoyed more than I thought I would. Having seen JCM's last show on Sunday night, the standards for tonight were set pretty low. Darren's voice was fine, he did a lot of different things with the music none of the other Hedwig's did. His acting was my problem: I didn't feel like he had the comic acting down. The last 10 minutes (Hedwig's Lament to end) were his shining moments, but some of the jokes didn't land as well as they did with ot

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You