News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Fusionsamurai

Member Name: Fusionsamurai
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What are your favorite one act shows?
 Jun 22 2015, 01:54:08 PM
These are all great.
What are your favorite one act shows?
 Jun 22 2015, 01:50:11 AM
The usual for any show or musical is multiple acts going for several hours. There are a select few that have shorter times. What are your favorites?

Can include past shows that have closed, classics, or ongoing.

A favorite of mine has been [Title of Show]

Plays/musicals due for a revival
 Jun 19 2015, 01:18:36 PM
A lot of shows need revivals. I would like a revival of "UrineTown". It is the kind of show that makes you laugh until you cry and hurt. It also has a really good message about greedy corporations. It satires everything.

If I remember right it never formally closed. I think te theatre it was in was sold and torn down. It sucks because it was still doing pretty well.

Funny male/male duets?
 Jun 18 2015, 01:09:20 AM
Any others? These are all good but I hate to miss any gems.
The Official 2015 Tony Awards Viewing Party Thread
 Jun 8 2015, 03:02:41 AM

Fun Home did so well. Walking out with 5 Tony awards, including the "best musical", all on top of a stunning performance. It turned out really well for them.

Between all the incredible reviews, amazing advertisement in that Tony performance, and the best musical tital to use in advertisement, I can see them being sold out for a long time to come.

I wish Fun Home nothing but the best, I look forward to seeing it as soon as I get  to go

The Official 2015 Tony Awards Viewing Party Thread
 Jun 7 2015, 11:08:36 PM

I liked the performances from Something Rotten, On The Town, Gigi, and FunHome.

the visit wasn't bad, but it felt like they were off.

swing? understudy? heirarchy
 Jun 7 2015, 04:27:55 PM

Being a swing is hard. I remember a video  backstage at Newsies (Can't remember if it was still at PaperMill or at the Nederlander). But the swing had a giant notebook perfectly organize by

-Two Acts

-Each character color coded

-Everywhere each character had lines marked

-Maps of Set

and several ohers.

Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
 Jun 2 2015, 02:57:46 AM

How do you address it when you want a signed playbill?

Kara Lindsay in Wicked
 Jun 2 2015, 02:21:40 AM

Yeah, what the other guy said. No news is good news on that. She was in the touring production and now on the broadway show. It's safe to say he loves being part of the show. Unless she books a part in another show or requires some sort of vocal rest, she won't be leaving any time soon.

Phantom Revamp
 Jun 2 2015, 02:10:45 AM

Phantom is doing fine As is. I saw the Touring Production in November of 2014. I absolutely loved how they designed the set, but it just wasn't the same as the phantom I know an love.

Sierra Boggess is a goddess, she's by far the best one I've seen. They are doing fine after nearly 30 years, let them keep at it! They are fine. 

there is a reason that nearly everything Andrew Lloyd Webber does have extremely long broadway runs. Their music is timele

Favorite Group Numbers
 May 26 2015, 02:14:44 AM

What are your favorite big group numbers in shows you've seen? I always appreciate the flawless choreography in giant groups singing beautifully. Among my personal favorites are (in no order)

The Circle of Life (Lion King)

Masquerade (Phantom of The Opera)

Mister Cladwell (UrineTown)

Greased Lightning (Grease)

Officer Krupke (West Side Story)

King of New York (Newsies)

Carrying the Banner (Newsies)

Brother

Funny male/male duets?
 May 1 2015, 07:08:54 PM

I've been searching for a funny duet for a my friend and I. I love songs that are funny and energetic. A group I saw last year performed "all for the best" from "Godspell" incredibly. 

I want ant a funny male/male duet. I'm not good at finding anything, and I think people here can help me more knowledgable in theatre who know some good ones.. Using all for the  best as a basis, any recommendations?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You