News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for shanna364

Member Name: shanna364
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

PROMISES, PROMISES Revival CD Review
 Jun 29 2010, 01:42:38 PM
I love Kristin but find her voice to be very sharp and for the most part lacking emotion and warmth in this show and on this CD. I enjoyed watching and listening to her as she is a stellar performer, but I would agree with the critics and say she is not a good fit for the character or the music of this show.

She comes off better in duets with Sean like "You'll Think of Someone" and "I'll Never Fall in Love Again". Her best vocal to me is "Whoever You Are, I Love You". The emotion comes

Crowds at Promises, Promises stage door?
 Jun 20 2010, 12:58:36 PM
Totally crazy. Picture eager Moms behind you shoving Playbills in the back of your head. Pushing. Total insanity. Tip: the cop on duty keeps moving the barricades so if you start out up at the barricade you could end up losing your spot when he moves it. Be prepared.

Sean and Kristin are super nice and will engage in small talk. They make a real effort to sign for everyone.

Kristin Chenoweth's Foot Injury
 Jun 17 2010, 02:55:04 PM
Has anyone heard if she will be performing tonight, Thursday 17th? Have tix for tonight and really want to see Kristin even if the u/s is great.

More Fun with Newsweek's Homophobicest Openly Gay Reporter
 May 7 2010, 05:26:40 PM
Nice Comment at the bottom by K. Chenoweth this afternoon

'In The Heights' movie casting thought
 May 5 2010, 02:29:42 PM
kmbrlee I think it would be so great to have such a hard working and talented original cast allowed the opportunity to be in the movie, but I wonder about ages. Are some of the cast who were playing college age a little old to be convincing in that part on the big screen?
BREAKING NEWS: 'American Idol' winner Jordin Sparks to join In the Heights
 May 3 2010, 12:36:52 PM
Wow. Anyone know where Janet Dacal is going?
Those 'Bummer' Moments When They Announce An Understudy...
 May 2 2010, 07:43:06 PM
My sad story is from a couple of weeks ago. Was really impressed with Janet Dacal in Wonderland here in Tampa and in Houston. Booked my first Broadway trip months in advance to see In the Heights with her playing Nina.

You guessed it, she was out that night with throat issues. Her understudy Gabrielle Ruiz was very good, but still that was the point of the trip. Not only was she out but there was an understudy for Chris Jackson as Benny and Olga Merediz as Abuela Claudia. Thankfully A

Cheno is singing A House is Not a Home on glee right now.
 Apr 28 2010, 01:55:50 PM
One Less Bell to Answer is currently #8 on iTunes and Fire is #10. If you have Twitter - do a search on Kristin Chenoweth and you may be surprised at how much interest there is.

"Bride of Skeletor" or not, this woman has a growing young fan base and that is pretty amazing for a 40 something Broadway star.

Give the Tony to Sean Hayes right now... bravo!!!
 Apr 26 2010, 02:43:54 PM
Count me as another person who enjoyed it. I saw the show last week with a friend and we both really had a great time. Sean was charming and funny. I am a big fan of Kristin's and though I did enjoy her in this, I did feel it was not the right role for her. She seems much more comfortable and really shines in a role which allows her to be over the top. It would have been interesting to see her as Marge.

My biggest and shallowest complaint is the horrible wig! What are they thinking? If

BWW TV: PROMISES, PROMISES Video Preview!
 Apr 22 2010, 07:55:05 PM
I went to the show Saturday night and really enjoyed it. Sean Hayes is a wonderful comic with an ok singing voice. Kristin Chenoweth is fabulous vocally. I found myself wishing she was on the stage more than she was.

My assessment: If you haven't seen the original, enjoy Sean Hayes, and are a fan of Kristin Chenoweth, you will come out thinking Sean is a masterful comedic actor and wishing Kristin had more of a part, but grateful for the opportunity to see her on stage.

If you

Sean Hayes at the Stage Door
 Apr 19 2010, 05:21:37 PM
Went Saturday night. They all came out a signed and engaged in short conversation. No pix with Kristin. Flash can induce migraines for her. Great show. Sean and Kristin are awesome. Enjoy!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You