News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for RingOfKeys2

RingOfKeys2 Profile Photo
Member Name: RingOfKeys2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

WAY TOO EARLY 2023 Tony Award Predictions  Mar 26 2023, 03:35:09 PM

Biggest potential upsets to my predictions being:
Best Musical - Some Like it Hot 
Best Revival of a Musical - Parade 
Best Revival of a Play - A Doll's House OR The Piano Lesson
Best Featured Actor in a Musical - Alex Newell 
Best Leading Actor in a Play - Hiran Abeysekera 
Best Leading Actress in a Play - Jessica Chastain 
Best Direction of a Musical - Michael Arden

Still, I feel pretty confident with my first p

WAY TOO EARLY 2023 Tony Award Predictions  Mar 25 2023, 09:02:55 PM

Not too early for predictions with most everything opened! I'll share mine below, let me know what you think! I included full nomination list predictions for categories I felt strong in, and just winner predictions for some. Overall wow what a year! This is a very competitive year for Best Musical, Best Play, Best Revival, and all Performance categories. Bold = win prediction. 

BEST MUSICAL 
& Juliet 
Kimberly Akimbo 
New

A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC - PASADENA  Mar 25 2023, 07:54:33 PM

test

Anyone OVER 'Hamilton' without even seeing it?  Jan 21 2016, 07:19:05 PM

Lol my free speech is being taken away, along with my guns. THANKS Hamilton. 

Anyone OVER 'Hamilton' without even seeing it?  Jan 21 2016, 03:59:13 AM

Haters gonna hate. Hamilton is the dopest new musical in years. It deserves all the hype it gets; the experience inside the Rodgers Theater is unparalleled to anything I've gotten from any other work of art. It is electric, explosive, hard to articulate.....I saw it in September and I am still finding the words to express my thoughts on it. But at the end of the day the work speaks for itself. It also comes down to personal relationship to the work, meaning that I listen to some of the so

Tony Nomination Predictions 2015/16  Jan 5 2016, 10:41:32 PM

I have a hunch that Dames at Sea will be shut out.

Future Celebrity Replacements for Hamilton  Dec 29 2015, 08:40:09 PM

Has anyone mentioned that WAYNE BRADY would be a fantastic AARON BURR? Cuz it's true.

Tony Nomination Predictions 2015/16  Dec 29 2015, 04:30:36 PM

What seems most uncertain to me is which shows will be nominated for Best Musical. I'd say the two locks right now are Hamilton and School of Rock. Which leaves 2-3 other spaces, and you have American Psycho, Allegiance, On Your Feet, Bright Star, Tuck Everlasting, and Waitress. I may even be forgetting some extra. This is a massive year for new musicals and it seems some shows will have to be shut out that would most certainly have been nominated in less dense years. This is a great seas

Tony Nomination Predictions 2015/16  Dec 29 2015, 04:22:48 PM

Of course Lin is a lock - you kidding me?

Tony Nomination Predictions 2015/16  Dec 29 2015, 02:43:01 PM

We don't know where Brian Stokes Mitchell and/or Billy Porter will be eligible (featured vs leading) but I imagine both of them have the potential to be strong contenders at least for nominations. Renee Elise Goldsberry seems to be a lock for Featured Actress, and while I think Daveed Diggs is absolutely deserving of winning Featured Actor (his performance was honestly my favorite) it is too soon to say. I would love to see Daveed Diggs and Christopher Jackson nominated here, with Jonatho

College Inquiry  Sep 13 2015, 01:29:40 PM

Dream Cast Meryl Streep  Aug 7 2015, 07:34:48 PM

Replace the word "Follies" with "Gypsy" and you have my exact thoughts. 

Dream Cast Meryl Streep  Aug 7 2015, 04:25:55 PM

Am I the only one who thinks Meryl would be fantastic as Mama Rose in a dramatic film remake of Gypsy? I think she would really bring a lot to the role and be completely different than we've ever seen it played before. 

My Cast for Frozen on B'way  Jul 26 2015, 11:36:58 PM

I don't think anyone's comment was transphobic, just saying. It was a joke. The world needs to learn how to take one again. Caitlyn Jenner wasn't even the butt of it. It was a stupid mindless comment about Frozen dream casting which, I agree, would be pretty great. No more pointless than any of these other "dream castings" 

My Cast for Frozen on B'way  Jul 26 2015, 08:16:59 PM

Let's exclusively cast Wicked OBC/Alumni since Frozen is basically a lame attempt at being Wicked. 

Elsa - Adele Dazeem

Anna - Kristin Chenoweth 

Hans - Joel Grey (would love to see what he does with the role) 

Kristoff - Norbert Leo Butz

Olaf - Taye Diggs

Sven - Christopher Fitzgerald 

I'm sure Idina, Kristin, and Taye would love to all work with

Was Bob Fosse a Womanizer?  Jul 20 2015, 05:32:59 PM

Of course Bob Fosse was a womanizer! There wasn't a chorus girl in New York who would've said no to him. He was basically Jesus of Broadway and all chorus girls were Mary Magdalene. 

Way too early 2016 Tony predictions  Jul 5 2015, 01:43:45 AM

I do believe that Danny Burstein will give the most nuanced and Tony worthy performance in his category, whomever that may consist of. Him winning won't be by pity because it's "overdue", just as Kelli's wasn't this year. I think she deserved it fair and square and it just so happened that this was her year after being nominated unsuccessfully several other times. The "overdue" thing is icing on the cake but not the reason Kelli won, or Danny Burstein will win, IMO. Plus, I really don't see L

Way too early 2016 Tony predictions  Jul 5 2015, 01:07:54 AM

^ You wanna bet?

Bartlett Sher knows how to churn out Best Musical Revival winners, just look at his track record. I feel like people are giving this Fiddler revival a lot of unnecessary criticism merely due to the rate at which the show has been revived. But I would argue that this revival is going to be better than the last. Danny Burstein is going to be fabulous and hopefully win his first, long overdue Tony.

Way too early 2016 Tony predictions  Jul 4 2015, 11:59:09 PM

Side note: If Terrence Mann wins for Tuck Everlasting (which I would be very pleased with), Casey Nicholaw will have had the Best Featured Actor in a Musical category on lock for the past three years (Iglehart, Borle, and hopefully Mann). 

Way too early 2016 Tony predictions  Jul 4 2015, 11:35:59 PM

Wouldn't Andrew Keenan Bolger be considered for LEADING actor for Tuck Everlasting though?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You