News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for polkadotmissile

Member Name: polkadotmissile
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Random Thoughts: Curtain Calls
 Jul 26 2017, 01:26:17 AM

The faster/more high energy your curtain call is, the more enjoyable it is for the audience and the actors. I've been in (and seen) absolute snail's pace curtain calls, especially in shows I've with kids (they really want their moment damn it). 

And in Broadway theatre, I'm a bigger fan of the ones that line up with their CC music. The In The Heights CC is the best example I can think of (and probably my all-time fave), because it gives everyone

What Tony Award Wins Made You the Happiest?
 Jul 24 2017, 08:10:03 PM

Gavin Creel winning for Hello, Dolly! would've probably gotten me on its own, but the fact that Sutton gave it to him? Destroyed me. The man is so clearly doing what he is meant to, with such amazing amounts of heart, drive and humbleness. Beyond disappointed in people being so nasty to him, saying he robbed Mike/Andrew/Brandon of their Tony's. Gavin is so deserving. 

How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
 Jul 24 2017, 08:03:38 PM

AnastasiaDEH said: "Do you think that's something that could actually happen? Ben getting matinees off? Because I've been hearing a lot of fuss about that topic and people asking around in different forums and in Twitter about that, since he missed last Wednesday and Saturday matinees (correct me if I'm wrong).

I don't claim to know how these things work, but if he's taking them off with more and more frequency, doesn't it make sense on

How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
 Jul 24 2017, 06:46:10 PM

Given how challenging the show is, I think matinees off are definitely something that should have been discussed at an earlier point. Ben's parts are insanely difficult, and to go from 8 to 6 would probably do his voice some good. Yeah it's probably too late to do now without causing an uproar from the fanbase, but it should be addressed when they bring in a new Evan or if he extends his contract. Alex Brightman had matinees off as Dewey in School of Rock for vocal

re: Best Stage Door Experiences
 Aug 22 2015, 12:05:26 AM

I saw Chicago back in June with Brandy and stage dooring was awesome. The crowd was kind of rowdy, but the security were good at keeping everyone calm. Some ensemble trickled out and were surprised when people wanted them to sign their playbills and were so kind. Brandy came out and there was screaming and cheering. She signed for a few people, moved towards me, and then a voice called "mom?" She turned and standing a few yards away was her daughter and a group of her friends. She p

Favorite 2015 Tony Award Performance
 Jun 9 2015, 05:24:04 PM

Ring of Keys!

I also really liked the choreo and blocking in On The Town's performance. I thought they made good use of the space.

Hamilton - Best Musical 2016?
 May 28 2015, 11:49:03 AM

I would argue that Hamilton has had hype since Lin performed at the White House. That piece was well-crafted and got people (theatre fans, historians, the general public) excited for what was coming. It's been years since then. I think it's maintained the hype and energy so well because Lin himself is so hyped about it. He's incredibly open about his process on Twitter, so it allows people to see where these ideas are coming from and how this piece was formed. If the hype has maintained itsel

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You