News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Jersey_Girl

Jersey_Girl Profile Photo
Member Name: Jersey_Girl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Next to Normal Philly last night?
 Jun 26 2011, 05:37:31 PM
I was there last night also but had different thoughts than most:
- Emma Hutton is close to 20 and does not look in any way like a 16 year old. It was, thus, difficult for me to believe her in that role.
- Agree that Asa was mis-cast as Dan.
- Was pleasantly surprised by Curt and thought he captured Gabe quite well.
- Loved Preston - think we'll see him again somewhere.
- IMHO, Pearl was the weak link. I always try to give an understudy some leeway but she showed little emot

Chicago - Talkback Tuesdays
 Nov 13 2008, 11:50:38 AM
Does anyone know how long a typical 'Talkback' series sessions last? I need to figure out what train to catch after next Tuesday's show with Charlotte. Thanks!

re: Block in 'Wicked'
 Aug 28 2007, 06:50:58 PM
I saw the production in Chicago last summer and can't remember if she (Stephanie) was there at the time. Does anyone know the dates of her run?
re: Les Mis to take the Imperial? High Fidelity to the Broadhurst?
 Aug 23 2006, 09:46:12 PM
I had tickets to the first preview which was cancelled. Neither the box office nor Telecharge was helpful in getting like seats for a different performance. My fifth row center seats were gone for the entire run, unless I wanted to spend the extra $ for premium seating. I do not know how helpful the box office will be if this move does happen as my experience was more than painful. This is not good news.
re: Sweet Charity w/o Christina Applegate last night
 Jul 8 2005, 03:42:41 PM
Just to add my two cents: we were at last night's performance and though my husband was disappointed that he did not get to see Christina, I was elated that we would get to see Charlotte. Charlotte gave it her all and I can't image how the show could be any better. I thought the audience was quite supportive and though some people may have been disappointed not to have seen Christina, the standing ovation reserved only for Charlotte reflected how much the audience enjoyed her performance. I
re: Have You Ever Missed Out on an Opportunity to See a Show?
 Oct 7 2004, 02:52:59 PM
I didn't see "Assassins" because I couldn't get decent seats and just wasn't all that excited about the subject matter. There was so much else to see at the time I put it on the back burner. I just bought the OCR and am completely in love with it. I wish I could go back in time and take any seat in the house just to be there. What a magnificient recording!

Lesson learned. I will never again not see something because I could not get 'prime seats'.

re: BKLYN question
 Sep 30 2004, 07:00:00 PM
We saw the show last night: I had read positive and negative reviews and was determined to keep as open a mind as possible.

'Bklyn' is definately an ensemble piece: all five principals are unbelievably talented. You could hear the perverbial 'pin drop' when Eden belts her first number - I think the entire theatre was in awe. People were giving her a standing ovation: she really WAS out of this world.

Cleavant Derricks, the Street Singer, was the other stand out. Incredible

Help! Need Ticket Discount Sites
 Sep 23 2004, 02:23:36 PM
My PC crashed the other day and I had to replace it. Unfortunately, I lost all my personal stuff on the hard drive - including all my book-marked (Theatre) discount sites. I remember several, but am sure there are more that I don't remember.

I thought I remembered a topic sometime back and searched under 'theatre discounts' and 'discount tickets' but can't find it. Can any of you fellow theatre lovers help me?

re: What are premium seats?
 Sep 13 2004, 08:13:21 AM
Am I the only one that feels that the price of B'way tickets is getting out of reach for us 'normal' people? We have accepted the $100 a seat for a musical but I feel some box offices take complete advantage of their 'premium seating'.

I could not get anything in the first half of the orchestra for Avenue Q at normal price, even for several months in advance and had to settle for Row O unless I paid the 'premium'. Somehow, I feel this is not premium seating but price gouging. I would rather give the extra hundred to organizations like 'Damon Runyon Cancer Research' than the greedy box office or scalpers. You can go to their site and check it out:

http://www.drcrf.org/btShowListings.html

re: Simular tunes in different musicals
 Sep 6 2004, 09:04:22 AM
From what I remember, a lot of the music in 'Scarlet Pimpernel' is much like the music in 'Jeckyl and Hyde'.

'Sunday' from "Tick Tick Boom" is a slow version of the same in SITPWG. I was surprised the first time I heard 'Sunday' in TTB but later read the song was an intentional homage to Jonathan Larson's idol.

re: jennifer westfeldt out of wonderful town
 Sep 5 2004, 01:36:17 PM
I saw the show twice, both times with Donna Murphy but once with an understudy for Jennifer Westfeldt. I was almost heartbroken when I noticed the little white slip of paper in my playbill but actually enjoyed that performance more than the one with JW herself.

Has anyone else seen either of the understudy's perform? Don't discount them. Unfortunately, that little white slip of paper is now awol so I am not able to figure out who played Eileen at that particular show. However, who

re: dracula rush
 Sep 4 2004, 06:56:49 AM
Thanks for the info, but you probably 'look' like a student. I'm sure he'd look at my ID and laugh.
re: dracula rush
 Sep 3 2004, 12:26:38 PM
Is this a 'Student Rush' or a 'General Rush'? My student ID is (ahem***) very old and no longer valid. I tried all the sites - Playbill.com, nytix.com, even Draculathe musical.com and can find no info. Thankx.
re: Sorry - Wicked question for Rosh Hashanah
 Sep 2 2004, 02:00:08 PM
Sorry for the mis-spellings and was just posting the way I speak. My family always uses the term: Jewish Holidays. I understand the significance of the High Holy Days but we never use that expression when saying "Daddy is leaving for Florida right after the Jewish Holidays" or "Daddy is coming home from Florida right before the Holiday" (Passover for those gentiles out there).

Am I alone? Are we bad Jews? Or, is this the just the Americanization of Jewish culture or expressions. I

re: Sorry - Wicked question for Rosh Hashuna
 Sep 2 2004, 01:20:22 PM
Thanks. I've had the experience of having an understudy for a Jewish actor during the Jewish holidays and was just curious. Sorry I missed Eden in the role but I do have my tickets for Brooklyn. She was amazing in Bryant Park.
Sorry - Wicked question for Rosh Hashuna
 Sep 2 2004, 01:06:16 PM
Does anyone know if Idina has any scheduled time off for the Jewish Holidays? If so, is Eden still her understudy? I would love to be able to see Eden do the role but I know it's very close to the opening of her show.
re: Which Broadway Character Are You?
 Aug 28 2004, 07:32:22 AM
I thought I was Epinone but came out Roger. I never thought of it, but I guess I 'could' be a female Roger. How sad
re: Prince and The Pauper-Did anyone see it?
 Aug 27 2004, 04:58:17 PM
I took my niece to see Prince and the Pauper last summer at the Lamb Theater. I have to say I, myself, went mainly for Rob Evan. However, the production was indeed very good, especially for the little ones. I'd see anything Rob was in.... I think he's fabulous.
re: Is the Boy From Oz worth it?????
 Aug 26 2004, 05:20:03 PM
I saw the show last Nov for $100 and loved it, loved, loved it. I had wanted to see it again before it closed and even a couple of months ago, could only get decent seats at the box office if I went for their 'premium seating'. So I bit the bullet and did just that.

I spend $500 for the 2 seats and enjoyed each and every minute of the show. I don't like feeling taken advantage of but wanted to see the show badly enough to put those feelings aside. If you can swing it - go. The me

re: AIDA again! 8.25 Matinee
 Aug 26 2004, 12:27:19 AM
I was also at the matinee today. I have only seen the show twice before, both times with the original cast. Unfortunatly, today's production was no where near as powerful.

I adored Ta'rea Campbell. She was very convincing and gave a lot of feeling in her performance: she nearly moved me to tears several times. In my opinion, she stole the show. Adam was his usual amazing self and the young man with the long name who played Mereb was wonderful, as well. However, Mickey Dolenz left mu

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You