News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for purplehibiscus

purplehibiscus Profile Photo
Member Name: purplehibiscus
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Fun Home Seating Question
 Jul 12 2015, 11:44:44 PM

The theater is TINY, so any seat is great, even the standing room people have a good view. Don't worry too much about the seating. :o)

Far From Heaven recording
 Jul 3 2015, 10:58:00 PM

Has the Far From Heaven cast recording been taken off of iTunes? I was trying to download it but couldn't find it anywhere...

Finding Neverland and Something Rotten
 Jun 28 2015, 10:09:13 PM

How long are both of these shows (including the 15 minute intermission)? Thanks!

Show Help
 Jun 23 2015, 07:26:07 PM

The King and I all the way! It's humorous, meaningful, has a great cast and amazing set, and is just a gorgeous production overall!

Best shows to rush or SR?
 Jun 22 2015, 02:09:04 PM

I know Broadway Spotted sends out rush reports, but I was wondering what your experiences are with rushing shows? Which shows are easier to score tickets for without waking up at the crack of dawn? Thanks!

Amazing Grace or Finding Neverland
 Jun 22 2015, 02:00:55 PM

I'd recommend King and I, as I've heard amazing reviews of Betsy Morgan and the show seems to be a great production to see even without Kelli.

However, if your main debate is between Amazing Grace and Finding Neverland, I personally choose Amazing Grace, because the plot really interest me. But there two shows are so different, it would really come down to what you like. Finding Neverland is a bit like Wicked in that it's based off of a popular tale and the music is written in a "p

Kelli O'Hara out tonight?
 Jun 21 2015, 12:45:32 AM

Poor Kelli...she must be really sick to be out on and off for this long...

Light in the Piazza video
 Jun 20 2015, 05:13:23 PM

it was taken down

King and I Mishaps?
 Jun 20 2015, 05:10:38 PM

"Nothing during TKAI but during Nice Work Kelli got the giggles and had to turn away.  Broderick leaned against a table with legs crossed and pretended to smoke a cigarette after the spanking scene.  The crowd caught on and enjoyed watching Kelli trying to get back into the scene.  Very fun moment.  
After watching TKAI, I did wonder if Ken ever stepped on her dress.  Thanks for starting the thread!"

I don't remember

Light in the Piazza video
 Jun 20 2015, 01:22:24 AM

I have the link to a fan-shot video with Kelli. The quality is pretty good for a bootleg. The show is amazing! If anyone out there has the Katie Clarke Live From Lincoln Center, I'd love to have a copy...thanks! 

Talent song suggestions for Pageants?
 Jun 19 2015, 01:14:59 AM

"The Beauty Is" or the title song from Light in the Piazza might be great for your voice!

King and I Mishaps?
 Jun 18 2015, 10:27:25 PM
"I will never forget the time she said "pubic" instead of "rubric."  Laugh?  I thought I'd die.

"

WHAT?! Aha, that's amazing and horrific at the same time...what was the audience/cast reaction to that???

King and I Mishaps?
 Jun 18 2015, 10:11:40 PM

Just for laughs, does anyone know of any mistakes/technical difficulties/character breaks during the run of the King and I yet? (Or any other Kelli O'Hara show for that matter?) Thanks!

Fun Home Seating Question
 Jun 18 2015, 08:58:47 PM
I have seat 408...how are the 400's?
The King and I Stagedoor
 Jun 18 2015, 02:32:59 AM

Was this after a matinee or a night show? 

The King and I Stagedoor
 Jun 18 2015, 01:09:01 AM
bump

Any updates on whether or not Kelli comes out and on the stage door traffic?

Thanks!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You