News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for HedwigInch

Member Name: HedwigInch
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Elsie Fest: Musical Theater Coachella?  Sep 28 2015, 03:46:44 PM

I saw tons of Periscope videos and the VIP section always seemed full to me. In earlier sets I maybe saw like 5 or so empty seats but that was it. My friends who were in the first row of the GA section also said it was very full. 

Jordon Roth always showed the crowd after a song so you could see the whole VIP section and parts of the GA crowd.

Elsie Fest: Musical Theater Coachella?  Sep 28 2015, 12:59:49 PM

"Pier 97, at 57th Street and the Hudson River Park [..]. The venue holds 5,250 fans" Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music-arts/jbl-live-pier-97-introducing-new-york-city-newest-music-venue-article-1.1854074

I wasn't there so I can't say how full it was exactly but knowing the capacity is roughly 5,000 I would assume it was more than 1,000.

Is Elsiefest going to compete with the BC/EFA Flee Market???  Aug 20 2015, 12:57:05 PM

Broadway.com is having a give away of 2 GA tickets for Elsie Fest. It's in combination with a photo with Darren Criss if that is another pull for you. 

"we're also giving out two general admission tickets to the show along with a backstage photo op with Darren Criss! For FREE! Enter below before the contest ends tomorrow, Friday, August 21 at 5PM!"

http://www.broadway.com/buzz/181830/elsie-fest-broadwaycom-exclusive-weve-got-vip-presale-access-plus-a-chance-to-win-tickets-and-a-backstage-photo-with-darren-criss/

Hedwig closing Sept. 13  Aug 19 2015, 06:25:08 PM

RussT2 said: "HedwigInch said: " It might be worth it to be with other fans that day? The atmosphere will probably be quite something."

Seeing JCM's final show with the fans will never be topped as far as Hedwig final performances go. I was there and it was the most electric atmosphere I'd ever seen for a Broadway show. You could sense the love and admiration in the house for him."

Is Elsiefest going to compete with the BC/EFA Flee Market???  Aug 19 2015, 06:04:00 PM

haterobics said: "And if they made it a week later, people would complain they had just come in from out of town the previous week for the Flea Market. You're never going to come up with something that pleases everyone..."

Exactly. I am sure they are fully aware that a bunch of people will only go to the flea market. They will find out sooner or later if ElsieFest is profitable or not. 

Hedwig closing Sept. 13  Aug 19 2015, 01:04:07 PM

Last night there were definitely still a lot of seats in the mezz and balcony. Just now I only saw 1 orchestra seat.

Maybe they will release a few more seats over the next 3.5 weeks. 

Hedwig closing Sept. 13  Aug 19 2015, 11:55:47 AM

BroadwayConcierge said: "I'm still torn trying to decide if I should get tickets to the closing show. I don't know if I can bear sitting through Taye's abysmal performance yet again, but this show... "

It might be worth it to be with other fans that day? The atmosphere will probably be quite something. 

Also Taye might improve a little more in the next 4 weeks. You could get a cheaper ticket so you might not regret

Hedwig closing Sept. 13  Aug 18 2015, 10:44:24 PM

"When was his original end date, in October?"

October 11th

Elsie Fest: Musical Theater Coachella?  Aug 18 2015, 09:50:38 PM

"Now that Rebecca Naomi Jones will be free all day Sunday, I'd love to see her added to the lineup. She has such a phenomenal voice and would be perfect for this."

Yes, please. Since Darren Criss is a producer on this he could get her if she has nothing else until then.

Hedwig closing Sept. 13  Aug 18 2015, 08:30:16 PM

I don't think it's fair to put the full blame on Taye. Yes, his performance got very mixed reviews, he was so far the Hedwig with the lowest sales but we don't know what exactly is going on behind the scenes. It probably was a mix of things.

It's sad Taye doesn't even get to finish his planned run. That is what surprises me the most to be honest.

Hedwig closing Sept. 13  Aug 18 2015, 07:45:08 PM

""I really wanted to see Hedwig and as a young theater fan, I can only hope that I will be able to see it in my lifetime. Are the odds good that they actually launch a tour or will it be a select city, mini tour?"

There is a tour. It is launching in SF, but I don't think they announced any other dates yet, or a Hedwig."

It apparently kicks off in SanFran in October 2016. No info on who plays Hewig or anything though.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Hedwig-and-the-Angry-Inch-coming-to-S-F-in-6302815.php

Hedwig closing Sept. 13  Aug 18 2015, 06:59:00 PM

"There goes the announcement as to who the next Hedwig is! Anyways, I feel bad this is closing. I would've really loved to have seen Alan Cumming do this."

JCM said the show will go to the West End so Alan Cumming would be kind of perfect for that.

Hedwig closing Sept. 13  Aug 18 2015, 06:53:08 PM

"Is that the end of Taye's run? What are the chances of another Hedwig coming back to close out the show as people have been speculating?"

Taye's run was supposed to be 12 weeks, so October 11th would have been his last show. They are closing a month early.

Hedwig closing Sept. 13  Aug 18 2015, 06:41:53 PM

Really sad news. Wasn't expecting it to close early.

It's such a great show so I wish it lots of success on tour now.

The Next Hedwig?  Aug 18 2015, 02:18:08 PM

Rebecca is amazing. I love her.

Elsie Fest: Musical Theater Coachella?  Aug 18 2015, 10:25:20 AM

Thread title is very fitting because there is this quote by Darren Criss about it. ^_^

"I was at Coachella [the annual Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in southern California] and thought ‘let’s do this for show tunes. Musical theater has been going through a wonderful shift in the past few years, from the type of work that’s being produced to the way it’s being consumed by the public. It’s more than showtunes on Broadway–it’s songs from film, TV and YouTube. Since the rules were already changing, I figured, why not shake up people’s ideas of where to watch the performers they love. Enter Elsie."

—Darren Criss on Elsie Fest (Playbill.com)

Darren Criss in Hedwig  Aug 18 2015, 09:19:47 AM

Announcement is out, it has nothing to do with Hedwig. Darren is launching a musical festival for Broadway fans in NY.

For more info go here: http://www.broadway.com/buzz/181811/darren-criss-aaron-tveit-lea-salonga-laura-osnes-more-to-headline-outdoor-elsie-fest-in-new-york-city/

Darren Criss in Hedwig  Aug 17 2015, 11:07:52 PM

"Tits is the 13th. Emmys are the 19th/20th, no?

http://www.emmys.com/awards/emmys/creative-arts-emmys"

It is aired on the 19th but it actually happens the weekend before. It's apparently on the 12th, not 13th, but still same thing basically.

Darren Criss in Hedwig  Aug 17 2015, 10:53:56 PM

It's definitely not the Tits of Clay gig since Darren is nominated for an Emmy and his category is part of the Creative Emmys which are on that day.

Tkts discounts  Aug 17 2015, 10:52:53 PM

Hedwig.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You