News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Amazing2

Member Name: Amazing2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Harvey Weinstein to Bring SINGIN' IN THE RAIN to Broadway!
 Nov 25 2015, 01:18:20 PM

Who would be good?  Maybe Tony Yazbek could be the one.  He could be great.!

It posted twice. That must mean Tony Yazbek should have the role!

Nov 25 2015, 01:16:28 PM

Who would be good?  Maybe Tony Yazbek could be the one.  He could be great.!

Nov 25 2015, 11:40:45 AM

Chris Colfer is a horrible dancer.  I can't think of anyone less appropriate for that role.  Why not Aaron Tveit?

Hedwig closing Sept. 13
 Aug 22 2015, 07:27:22 AM

Namo, not so sure I would characterize criticism of Taye's performance as "trashing him" personally.  I didn't see him, but it seems like that people (not just here on the board) in general were pointing out real problems with his performance like not knowing the book for a number of days if not weeks.  When I go to a show, I don't expect stuff like this to be repeatedly happening.  I realize sometimes people do tend to pile on, and I certainly don't t

Hedwig closing Sept. 13
 Aug 20 2015, 07:35:37 PM

Frankly I haven't seen that many comments blaming Taye Diggs, but I think there was a confluence of factors of which he was one.  From most reports, he hasn't been the best carrier of the Hedwig torch even though I do believe he is improving according to comments I've read recently.  If he had been terrific, I believe it might have delayed the closing for awhile.  However, I don't know for sure. I honestly wish there had not been all these doubts about his perfo

Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig
 Aug 17 2015, 08:00:47 PM

"Gawd, the overly defensive Darrenstans are amazing. I'm also bummed about the decline of the show since JCM left. Saying that really shouldn't result in this kind of instantaneous pile-on".

There's no pile-on.  People are just trying to adhere to the request to talk about Taye here and Darren in the Darren thread.  Anyway, what are "Darrenstans"?  Explain, please. 

Aug 17 2015, 07:53:20 PM

I wish we knew, too, when the reviewer saw the show.  

SDV, bringing up Darren Criss when someone wants to evaluate Taye's performance is obviously contrary to your previously stated desire to keep this topic Taye centric.   I realize, SDV, that you have a strong opinion about Darren and it's not positive. In fact, I started not to respond to  you specifically because I am certain you enjoy stirring that pot of negativity you feed with sarcasm and invect

Aug 17 2015, 06:31:55 PM

Review:

http://nypost.com/2015/08/17/taye-diggs-is-a-drag-in-hedwig-the-angry-inch-and-not-the-good-kind/

Aug 17 2015, 02:37:16 PM

By that time he won't have that much longer on his run, will he?  I am glad to hear he's improving.

Aug 17 2015, 07:33:07 AM

I think "miscast" may be truer than most descriptions according to the posts here.  I admit I haven't seen him so what I'm saying is speculation based on what I've read.  I've wanted to see him, but I've been cautious.  I came back here this morning to edit my earlier post because I felt like it might have been too strident.  However, I reread it and decided it was true from my perspective.   From the standpoint of the performance misfire

Aug 16 2015, 07:27:33 PM

Wow...he's not quite there yet?  What week is this?  I was coming back to NYC to see him in September.  I don't know if I will now. By the way, I think you may have avoided the wrong Hedwig.  I am so disappointed in the idea that an actor in such a high caliber show has not been prepared to take over the reigns of the production and perform in a consistent fashion. On any given day he seems to be good or not so good.  It's very disappointing.  Oddly e

Jul 30 2015, 07:12:08 PM

I'm so glad he's improving.  I know from past reports that the other Hedwigs all grew in the role.  However, I do find it concerning that according to some who have seen him he was not at least competent out of the gate.  When tickets are an expensive commodity, audiences shouldn't have to accept a performance that has been ill-prepared. As I have stated in other posts, I want Hedwig to stay open.  Therefore, I am counting on him improving.  I like Taye Diggs, and I t

Jul 29 2015, 07:27:34 AM

Of course you did, and I'm proud for you.  We seem to have different views on a lot of things, and that's obviously okay.  I will say for me his singing is unique among Hedwigs, not in a good way.  However, I'm leaving open the possibility that he will improve to a point that I do like his renditions. Frankly, though, whether I like it or not I want to support him because I want the show to stay open.  I love the show.  There are people whose cup of tea is and will co

Jul 28 2015, 07:31:11 PM

I think he has surprised people...just not in a good way.  I listened to the bootleg and even taking into consideration the technical drawbacks of this type of recording, it was pretty shocking.  However, I believe he will improve.  He's got his twelve weeks. I look forward to seeing how it goes.  I think up until this point, every Hedwig has been able to develop into something very special.  Why wouldn't Taye Diggs be able to do so as well? I'm planning on returning

Darren Criss in Hedwig
 Jul 26 2015, 10:17:55 AM

SDV, what a piece of work your comments are!  Let me qualify my remarks by saying I don't mean to be insulting or rude like I'm sure you didn't mean to be when you said Darren Criss's performance was "embarrassing."  However, being in the Darren thread as you requested I'm not going to equivocate my feelings concerning your remarks.

You have never missed a chance to slam his portrayal of Hedwig.  Your comments, all of which have been issued with the

Darren Criss in Hedwig
 Jul 21 2015, 06:55:17 PM

I really don't understand comments by you, dfrillsnedit, about having "grudges" against Darren Criss.  I don't mean to single you out except to say your comments seem the most rational compared to some others who admittedly do hold him in less than high esteem and, yes, try to tear him down.  Therefore, maybe you can explain this phenomenon.  At least you went to see him and gave his performance a fair shot.  Some people seemingly have not even seen him in the show (even i

Darren Criss in Hedwig
 Jun 26 2015, 07:11:27 AM

"
And just a note, I'm pretty sure FindingNamo was joking.  Seems to be fond of puns. 

I'm pretty sure you're right and that being the case, I'm the idiot.  Sorry, Finding Namo.  I got caught up in the moment!
 "

Darren Criss in Hedwig
 Jun 26 2015, 01:09:30 AM

From Websters (the dictionary you idiot): Definition of CHINK 1 : a small cleft, slit, or fissure 2 : a weak spot that may leave one vulnerable

What were you thinking? 

And yes, I did call you an idiot.  I'll feel bad about that tomorrow, but right now it feels pretty good.

Wait...maybe you were trying to be droll....failed attempt...idiot stands.

Darren Criss in Hedwig
 Jun 25 2015, 07:48:14 PM

Skies, I just joined this board (which I have been reading for months) to respond to your comments and to ask if you have you been to see Criss in Hedwig?  How do you know his "stans" are taking pictures throughout the performance?  What do you base your comments on?  I've been to the show.  Another night, I was eating dinner in the restaurant next door and watching while he was graciously, patiently talking, fielding questions and signing all sorts of memorabilia

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You