News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for RockyRoadPicks

Member Name: RockyRoadPicks
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Shows That Should Receive a BroadwayHD Livestream  Jul 4 2016, 10:19:14 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "I'm sure when they edit the show and put it back up in a few weeks it will be captioned. At least, I hope it will be, for all my Deaf/HH friends. I'm sure the one up there now is not captioned since it was streamed live. And if you pay for it now you can have access to it for a few more days (I think) until they take it down to do the editing. Then when it's put up again you can have access to it anytime with a subscription to Broadway HD"

Shows That Should Receive a BroadwayHD Livestream  Jul 4 2016, 03:34:14 PM

I don't have membership to Broadway HD so I have a couple of questions:

1) Was the show captioned or subtitled?

2) Is it a one time or is it on repeat?

Thanks.

Is Fun Home too good for Broadway  May 30 2016, 05:18:31 PM

One more thing I just learned. Did Lin Manual delayed Hamilton so that Fun Home could be in the running for the Tony? If so, kudos. That was a brilliant move.

Is Fun Home too good for Broadway  May 30 2016, 05:16:26 PM

Auggie27 said: "Lisa Kron's explanation for the universality is grounded in a fairly obvious but critical idea about the theater: most stories we find ourselves drawn to don't really portray us.  We aren't cowboys in Oklahoma, a matchmaker in New York, a band salesman, or a family escaping pogroms.  We aren't Argentine dictators or singing animals, a murderer or a cannibal pie baker. We find our humanity in people entirely unlike ourselves in theatrical

Fun Home Contracts  May 16 2016, 08:58:32 AM

Lauren Patten tweeted last night:

Lauren Patten @PattenLauren

...my final day at #funhome will be June 19. There are not enough words for my gratitude 

Touring Season 2016-2017  Apr 8 2016, 07:56:57 PM

Rochester NY - meh is correct.

Hamilton ticket cost rant - ARGH!  Mar 28 2016, 06:26:00 PM

There are only 2 open caption performances and both are sold out. I've contacted Chicago Hamilton and they gave me 2 open caption dates, one in middle of week and one on Thanksgiving weekend. 

Not just impossible to have tickets but impossible for deaf people to enjoy as well. 

Deaf West shows that would work well  Jan 24 2016, 01:30:06 PM

funhamilton_rent said: "I really think that Next To Normal, Rent, Fun Home, and Once would all be BEAUTIFUL if done by Deaf West. Next To Normal would be my top choice. 

I don't think they would produce a show with the word "Normal" in the title. It has a different meaning for deaf people. Such as "why can't you talk like normal people"?  I speak from experience. 

"

An Open Letter to Broadway From Marlee Matlin  Jan 11 2016, 08:55:48 PM

She raises a good point.This year I saw two Broadway shows - Fun Home (Not deaf-friendly) and Spring Awakening (okay, I moved mountains to get there).
How many Broadway shows have I seen in my life? Two.
That's money going into Broadway's pocket. That's tourist dollars being dropped in NYC.
Multiply by number of deaf people and their hearing friends and family members. And calculate the cost of accessibility. I'll bet you that it doesn't take that many

Fun Home understudies  Jan 3 2016, 02:15:21 PM

How did you know? 

The Secret Garden 2016 Concert Presentation  Oct 20 2015, 04:13:52 PM

LizzieCurry said: "They've already cast Mary. What do you want, a Small Alison cage-match?

"

ROFL!!! 

The Secret Garden 2016 Concert Presentation  Oct 13 2015, 09:19:29 PM

broadwayboy223 said: "Does anyone else thinks that the second one is a little shady? For extra shade cast the other girl as Mary after Sydney Lucas is doing the other one"

Bingo. Truly hope this doesn't cause bad blood between the two lovely girls. 

The Secret Garden 2016 Concert Presentation  Oct 13 2015, 05:46:43 PM

Didn't realize it was two different concerts. I'm sure I'm not going to be only one who is confused. 

Update: "This version of Lucy Simon and Marsha Norman's Tony-winning tuner is unrelated to Manhattan Concert Productions' upcoming staging of The Secret Garden, which stars Tony nominee Sydney Lucas (Fun Home)"

http://www.theatermania.com/new-york-city-theater/news/rebecca-luker-secret-garden-concert_74551.html?cid=homepage_news

The Secret Garden 2016 Concert Presentation  Oct 13 2015, 05:16:28 PM

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Original-Cast-Members-to-Reunite-for-Benefit-Performance-of-THE-SECRET-GARDEN-20151013

Gabby instead of Sydney. Is this the same concert we're talking about? 

"

SPRING AWAKENING revival failing at box office  Oct 12 2015, 10:19:22 PM

I can hear with a Cochlear Implant. I've listened to SA, Fun Home, Hamilton, and Matilda. Matilda didn't do it for me either. Too fast. Not crazy about Rap but Hamilton is a bit more pleasing to listen to. 
Some rock bands I like, some I can't stand. Same thing. The SA music really didn't do for me. 

I'm not writing off SA. I'll see if it's worth the long trip to see the show.

SPRING AWAKENING revival failing at box office  Oct 12 2015, 04:12:44 PM

wonderfulwizard11 said: "People can afford the seats, but those that can don't want to buy them for this show. It was never a really popular show beyond a younger crowd, and on top of that it's not an easy thing to sell the concept of a musical with deaf actors to a wide audience. The ticket prices aren't an issue here- it's just a hard sell and while it's a shame to see a worthwhile show struggle, it shouldn't come as a surprise. "

When I

Fun Home Contracts  Sep 27 2015, 03:08:14 PM

I want to thank you all for your insights on Sidney's departure. I think all of you are spot on. I want to add one more insight (I'm a Broadway newbie): Is it very possible that as time goes by, the grosses decline? If so, then could it be a factor in how current and future actors are being paid?

FWIW, I would definitely see Fun Home again with different actors. 

Latest Fun Home Discount Code?H  Sep 13 2015, 02:23:51 PM

I was planning to be in town Nov 21 and I checked the Telecharge website a couple of months back and it was almost "sold out". Today, I checked the website again and there's a lot of seats available now. I'm wondering if interest for the show is waning? 

Spring Awakening TDF  Aug 25 2015, 07:08:57 PM

I checked the TDF website and I couldn't find anything about long distance category for membership. Do you have a direct link? Many thanks. 

Spring Awakening TDF  Aug 25 2015, 10:27:26 AM

I just checked TDF website (I'm not a member) and it said "

TDF MEMBER TICKETS:

NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS SHOW"
How did get it?  

Thanks.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You